The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……..and that is no exaggeration, they really did chuck it that day. Said before that I hate the phrases “downed tools” and “lost the dressing room” but the Queens’ game was when the players probably handed out a big fat chunk of both.

If this is a thing, and I don't doubt it is then the players are "downing tools" on the club and the supporters as well.  

Those same players then become dead to me...........There is no way on earth a true Falkirk player/legend like Big Joe, Yogi , Latapy, Crunchie or Houstie would ever do such a thing.    

Incidentally, it is strongly rumored COYB Facebook Fav & Legend Big Sexy Lee Miller did this very thing under Houstie's management.   

2 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

If this is a thing, and I don't doubt it is then the players are "downing tools" on the club and the supporters as well.  

Those same players then become dead to me...........There is no way on earth a true Falkirk player/legend like Big Joe, Yogi , Latapy, Crunchie or Houstie would ever do such a thing.    

Incidentally, it is strongly rumored COYB Facebook Fav & Legend Big Sexy Lee Miller did this very thing under Houstie's management.   

It's not really rumoured. It was the same with Kerr. If you look at their performances under Houston's last season they were barely trying.

15 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

At the rate we are going at there will be more departures at board and management level than incoming players

Firstly, no bad thing that the old regime continue to leave as a completely fresh start was desperately needed.

Secondly, we have got to get recruitment right this time so surely preferable to wait a wee bit longer for the best option rather than rush to sign up more failures.

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Firstly, no bad thing that the old regime continue to leave as a completely fresh start was desperately needed.

Secondly, we have got to get recruitment right this time so surely preferable to wait a wee bit longer for the best option rather than rush to sign up more failures.

I agree although I'd hoped that we would've got at least one or two more in by sat. Going to ask a lot to get something from Airdrie with no new faces. 

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

At the rate we are going at there will be more departures at board and management level than incoming players

Well, you were correct! David White has stood down. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Seems to be genuinely a workload issue. 

Seems odd to me be to be resigning 6 weeks into the role, after the company secretary has just done the same and coaches have resigned suddenly.

Seems more than a coincidence to me.

I’d also be interested to know more about how these ‘working groups’ were put together. I’d have thought you’d want to have an open application process, but they seem to have been hand picked by board members as far as I can see.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Sign some fucking players.

My concern here is that the delay might be down to one or two players trying to keep options open.
The worry is that we get a whole bunch of players in the last week because no one else wanted them rather than the best available in this window….

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

My concern here is that the delay might be down to one or two players trying to keep options open.
The worry is that we get a whole bunch of players in the last week because no one else wanted them rather than the best available in this window….

Like Rafa De Vita and Ben Hall?

I'd be intrigued to see if we are able to get Lewis Neilson back until the end of the season. Played the full 90 in Dundee United's last outing but has barely at all before then. 

A longshot regardless, even more so with the seemingly imminent departure of Kerr Smith but he is a player I think has the ability to cover the right sided centre half role well.

Guest Brockvillenomore
24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seems odd to me be to be resigning 6 weeks into the role, after the company secretary has just done the same and coaches have resigned suddenly.

I’d also be interested to know more about how these ‘working groups’ were put together. I’d have thought you’d want to have an open application process, but they seem to have been hand picked by board members as far as I can see.

They asked for volunteers in the 5th January update. 

44 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t disagree, just hoping the players we are looking at are better than what’s in place and getting the deals over the line is the delay in announcing.

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Coincidence or not, are the resignations a bad thing?

Also, you mention the working groups have been “hand picked by board members”. How do you know this, have the names of those on the working groups been published somewhere?

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

FC11BF77-A643-457C-9DBE-4F653F64B6D4.jpeg