The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

A bit like Ruth, I think Hetherington is another one where he’s got the potential to be a decent player in the right system.
I wouldn’t want to write him off just yet until we see what he can do with Rennie in charge.

Another who is Not good enough 

Another who is Not good enough 

I’ve said many times I wouldn’t miss anyone if they moved on but you have to believe that there are players in there that can improve under a different system.
Those are two I think it’s worth evaluating.
That’s all.

I might be completely wrong so correct me if so, but didn't we start the season without him, undefeated in the first 3. Played Airdrie with him in the side, sent off before half time which nearly cost the side a game we were winning comfortably, beat Clyde without him due to suspension, then he came back in the side against QP at home and we went on a downward trajectory since.

I know it's not completely his fault but I just don't see what he brings.

I might be completely wrong so correct me if so, but didn't we start the season without him, undefeated in the first 3. Played Airdrie with him in the side, sent off before half time which nearly cost the side a game we were winning comfortably, beat Clyde without him due to suspension, then he came back in the side against QP at home and we went on a downward trajectory since.

I know it's not completely his fault but I just don't see what he brings.

I’m not sure if he brings anything at all tbh, but I’d like to be sure.
I honestly think a big part of the issue was this slow, ponderous, play it out from the back style that we ended up adopting after looking decent the first few games.
I’m not sure that can all be blamed on Hetherington but he individually certainly brought nothing under Sheerin…

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve said many times I wouldn’t miss anyone if they moved on but you have to believe that there are players in there that can improve under a different system.
That’s all.

I said he wasn’t good enough before he signed. Not been wrong. I hope Rennie brings in someone to play this role as Miller is not the answer either 

On 25/12/2021 at 17:22, MS RR said:

Well the Scottish Government only have one thing in mind when bringing in these measures - independence. Sturgeon carries on politicising this pandemic which is disgraceful. People are losing their jobs and livelihoods whilst she carries on taking hope away for a virus that is nowhere near as dangerous as what the hysteria would have you believe. 

Now that fans are going back to stadiums, anyone in the SNP cult want to tell me I was right after all? 

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

See I think we have that in Dixon he's just been sadled with absolute diddies for far too long. Imagine having to partner Durnan, Hall or Mckay. Obviously don't know how long Dixon's going to be out for but I don't fancy a back three with Reynolds & Dixon starting. 

Don't see it happening anyway as he's been in the papers previously stating he wants plastic pitches banned. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-reynolds-calls-plastic-pitches-13889542.amp

Could Dixon be out for the season or thereabouts ?

I was a fan of Dixon in the centre but he has been to blame also, not helped with donkeys next to him but he's had a good few individual errors too.

4 hours ago, unused sub said:

I really don't think Ruth is as bad as some on here are making out he is certainly not 'dugmeat'  He is 19/20 so still learning 1 in 3 ratio is decent for a striker regardless if 2 were allegedly 'shite' he still put them in, I'm sure all the top strikers have scored their share of 'shite' goals. Perhaps he is disliked because he is/was seen as Sheerins golden boy. If he is kept it will be interesting to see how he performs under Rennies/Millers stewardship. 

19/20 he needs to be close to the player he is gonna be, I go back to what I said earlier, he needs serious gym work as his talent isn't working with his body frame, he is way off it for me and come May I can't see him getting a full time gig.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s all.

How many Falkirk players have had half a season showing fuk all and turned it around ?

Everyone gets a clean slate for me under a real management team but I can see many still being not good enough as they were previously and Hetherington, McKay, Omperon, McDaid and Wilson are firmly in that camp.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Having sat through the 90 minutes, I can safely say that applied to every single one of our ‘team’.
Truth is, they had chucked it under Sheerin….

……..and that is no exaggeration, they really did chuck it that day. Said before that I hate the phrases “downed tools” and “lost the dressing room” but the Queens’ game was when the players probably handed out a big fat chunk of both.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

All three tomorrow or are they going to be spread out over the next coming weeks?

End of the month,  strong rumours going around  about Falkirks potential business,  nothing for any other teams even my own.. After Saturday the next League game is 29th would think most teams would be cranking it up for that weekend ....

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

End of the month,  strong rumours going around  about Falkirks potential business,  nothing for any other teams even my own.. After Saturday the next League game is 29th would think most teams would be cranking it up for that weekend ....

We have east fife away in 22 jan

Desperate to play for Campbell……….a pre contract with a Premiership team to be announced soon. Which is it?

As I said, Dowds has come back to a completely different structure. He is a smart guy. He will know that. Like many, he had serious issues with Holt and Sheerin. They are no longer there.

Everything else you have offered up is sweetie shop gossip.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

19 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

He was humiliated at Falkirk. No defence to say all the bad guys have gone. Has their been a public apology to him and Keenan? Nope. Anyway non worries, most  Falkirk fans want the players away, most players want away- perfect storm for relegation, but alas we at EF have given you the safety valve- Dowds and Keenan will be playing in the league above next year.

Who is this Keenan? Now you have come up with a variation saying Dowds will be playing Championship next season. Is that now the Campbell thing with the Premiership story now abandoned? You have gone through just about every imaginable permutation including FFC relegated to L2.

15 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Sorry mate, my fault, stand corrected, keep forgetting you are league 1 team.

My bet , £10  to a charity of our choice that Dowds and Keena( duly corrected) will not only not be playing for Falkirk next season but will be BOTh playing in a higher league than  the mighty Falkirk?

Guys, guys, would another 9 of my fellow Falkirk fans chip in a pound each so that I can take on this MASSIVE bet please? I can't compete with East Fife's equivalent of Jeff Bezos on my own.

Thanks.

Big Spender - VPForums.org

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Guys, guys, would another 9 of my fellow Falkirk fans chip in a pound each so that I can take on this MASSIVE bet please? I can't compete with East Fife's equivalent of Jeff Bezos on my own.

Thanks.

Guys a complete walloper. Ignore button is a grand thing.

Guest TedCrilly

Hopefully we do see a couple of new faces revealed today. If Miller, McKay and Hall all start on Saturday I can’t see past an Airdrie win. We conceded two against a pub team last week and could have been much more tbh.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks.

In......although that's $1.88 AUD here and there will be a conversion charge.

Still in though 

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Hetheringtons absolutely abysmal performance against Queens Park really should be his last game for us. A signing I was quite happy about in the summer it’s not worked out at all and his performances started bad and have only gotten worse as the season has went on. Considering he’s a central midfielder he’s one of the worst passers of a ball I’ve seen and picks up far too many stupid bookings.

I was in the same boat. We've signed a number of experienced players in the last few seasons who were happy getting one last payday or kids who were hungry but not quite at the level required. I thought Hetherington would be the best of both worlds having plenty games under his belt but also with a point to prove with his last chance at full-time football. Sadly he's not done it for us.