The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We badly need a McCracken, Dodds , Den bieman type experienced head at the back so Reynolds may fill that role well . However, it can be a bit tricky signing those types as it's important to get them just before they are completely done .

Reynolds isn’t the biggest but he was always quick. 

57 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

It looks like he will be better than we've got.  What is your objection?

Just because he is better than what we have got on paper doesn't mean it should be an automatic signing, it's a phrase that plenty throw about when the team is struggling near a transfer window but too many fail to consider the ability to play within the system that is being implemented/played at that time. Square pegs in round holes has been our issue for years.

He hasn't been quick for a good few years now and with one of our main issues being balls over the top he isn't going to do much to help that. Add in his previous knee issues and his well documented hatred of plastic pitches I can't see this one going anywhere.

I really don't think Ruth is as bad as some on here are making out he is certainly not 'dugmeat'  He is 19/20 so still learning 1 in 3 ratio is decent for a striker regardless if 2 were allegedly 'shite' he still put them in, I'm sure all the top strikers have scored their share of 'shite' goals. Perhaps he is disliked because he is/was seen as Sheerins golden boy. If he is kept it will be interesting to see how he performs under Rennies/Millers stewardship. 

21 minutes ago, unused sub said:

I really don't think Ruth is as bad as some on here are making out he is certainly not 'dugmeat'  He is 19/20 so still learning 1 in 3 ratio is decent for a striker regardless if 2 were allegedly 'shite' he still put them in, I'm sure all the top strikers have scored their share of 'shite' goals. Perhaps he is disliked because he is/was seen as Sheerins golden boy. If he is kept it will be interesting to see how he performs under Rennies/Millers stewardship. 

Nowt to do with sheerin and everything to do with him being shite.  

Is it likely that Hetherington is going to be released ? not that i expect him to come back to  Alloa

but just wondering anyway ( pardon me if he has been punted already )

its a shame on a personal basis for him that it clearly hasn't worked out .

4 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Is it likely that Hetherington is going to be released ? not that i expect him to come back to  Alloa

He hasn't played since 4th December, assuming he is injured

I thought he would do well for us at this level but hasn't been up to the standard at all

Would happily get him off the wage bill to bring someone else in

1 minute ago, Vegetableman said:

Could be considered likely at the end of the season depending the exact stipulations in his contract. I actually feel that he is alright at regaining possession but he is absolutely appalling in it which just didn't suit us at all under Sheerin. Perhaps under Rennie in what will seemingly be a more direct style of play he will suit it better although I would assume that his place is Gary Miller's to lose at the moment who put in a half decent shift at the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Could be considered likely at the end of the season depending the exact stipulations in his contract. I actually feel that he is alright at regaining possession but he is absolutely appalling in it which just didn't suit us at all under Sheerin. Perhaps under Rennie in what will seemingly be a more direct style of play he will suit it better although I would assume that his place is Gary Miller's to lose at the moment who put in a half decent shift at the weekend.

Yeah I think he could do a job in the G Miller position. Just let him play in front of the defence, win the ball back and give it to someone better. Sheerin had him playing in a crazy box to box playmaker role which he just couldn't do. Was also the scapegoat for the fans vitriol which I think hasn't helped.

19 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

He's rumoured to be out with a hamstring injury but given his performances this season we're relatively happy he's not in the team. Rennie's said it's a clean slate for everyone under him but I don't see him coming back and improving to be fair.

He's rumoured to be out with a hamstring injury but given his performances this season we're relatively happy he's not in the team. Rennie's said it's a clean slate for everyone under him but I don't see him coming back and improving to be fair.

A bit like Ruth, I think Hetherington is another one where he’s got the potential to be a decent player in the right system.
I wouldn’t want to write him off just yet until we see what he can do with Rennie in charge.

Hetheringtons absolutely abysmal performance against Queens Park really should be his last game for us. A signing I was quite happy about in the summer it’s not worked out at all and his performances started bad and have only gotten worse as the season has went on. Considering he’s a central midfielder he’s one of the worst passers of a ball I’ve seen and picks up far too many stupid bookings.

Based purely on what we’ve seen from him he’s nowhere near the standard of player we need to improve and needs moved on so we can use the wage better elsewhere. Also gets the captaincy away from him.

In the side to do the basics of win the ball and look after the ball then give it to a creative player to do the rest.  Tacklings poor and he's not exactly physical either . When you add to that the fact he continually gives the ball away there isn't much about him in a positive fashion. Hopefully get him off the wage bill asap. One of the worst captains ever to wear the navy blue.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

36 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hetheringtons absolutely abysmal performance against Queens Park really should be his last game for us. A signing I was quite happy about in the summer it’s not worked out at all and his performances started bad and have only gotten worse as the season has went on. Considering he’s a central midfielder he’s one of the worst passers of a ball I’ve seen and picks up far too many stupid bookings.

Based purely on what we’ve seen from him he’s nowhere near the standard of player we need to improve and needs moved on so we can use the wage better elsewhere. Also gets the captaincy away from him.

I think it’s the 2nd Queens goal, and there’s Hetherington, jogging along, watching it all unraveling in front of him. That moment was when he was done for me.

I think it’s the 2nd Queens goal, and there’s Hetherington, jogging along, watching it all unraveling in front of him. That moment was when he was done for me.

Having sat through the 90 minutes, I can safely say that applied to every single one of our ‘team’.
Truth is, they had chucked it under Sheerin….