The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Bloke on COYB claiming that Mark Reynolds may be coming to us. Along with us offering Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal, the failure of the deal being the amount of money due up front.

Also saying that Holt met him in his house to discuss the move.

3 things I hope aren't true.

Think Mark Reynolds would be a very steady signing for us at the moment if he’s out the picture at Dundee Utd. Been involved in Scotland squads in the past and has English premiership experience ect,  I think dropping into league one with us he’d give our defence some much needed stability. He’s easily better than anything we have playing at the back currently. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I'm not for the signing of Reynolds. Yes he was a great player in his day but at 34 his better days are beyond him. Of course he's going to be better than Mckay & Hall but if we have a back three of Reynolds Dixon ATS anything over the top would destroy us.

Preferred the Paul Watson rumour.

Ruth > Wilson by a country mile.

I thought the man management of Ruth by Sheerin was pretty poor, drops Keena (who was playing ok) and puts Ruth in from the start against Alloa the day after he signed. Put Ruth immediately under pressure from the fans, likely pissed Keena off and was onto a hiding to nothing unless Ruth hit the ground running immediately, which we all know he didn't.

Would have been better to get him into the team more gradually if he performed well off the bench. the team was in decent form at that time too.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think Mark Reynolds would be a very steady signing for us at the moment if he’s out the picture at Dundee Utd. Been involved in Scotland squads in the past and has English premiership experience ect,  I think dropping into league two with us he’d give our defence some much needed stability. 

Reynolds only played 10 league games for Sheffield Wednesday, all of which came in League 1. I'd heard he was going to Cove. Anyway, besides the point.

You've offered Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal?!?!?!

8 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Ruth > Wilson by a country mile.

I thought the man management of Ruth by Sheerin was pretty poor, drops Keena (who was playing ok) and puts Ruth in from the start against Alloa the day after he signed. Put Ruth immediately under pressure from the fans, likely pissed Keena off and was onto a hiding to nothing unless Ruth hit the ground running immediately, which we all know he didn't.

Would have been better to get him into the team more gradually if he performed well off the bench. the team was in decent form at that time too.

100%

Which is why he is back on cones 

Reynolds only played 10 league games for Sheffield Wednesday, all of which came in League 1. I'd heard he was going to Cove. Anyway, besides the point.

I wouldn’t imagine he would leave Clyde without some certainty for his remaining time as a footballer so could see this being the case.
Then again, who actually knows what’s really happening for sure?…

17 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

If your taking the post of a random punter on Facebook as 100% fact then fair enough, Mark Reynolds is also easily better than any of the defenders currently playing for either Falkirk or Clyde and if we are interested in him I’m relatively happy with that. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Assuming that the three at the back is what Rennie intends to stick with for the remainder of the season then I don't want Mark Reynolds anywhere near it.

It looks like he will be better than we've got.  What is your objection?

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wouldn’t imagine he would leave Clyde without some certainty for his remaining time as a footballer so could see this being the case.
Then again, who actually knows what’s really happening for sure?…

Yeah, I've tried to fathom the maths but it genuinely doesn't seem worthwhile for any party involved in the situation.

There does seem to have been a big change in attitude from Falkirk fans re: DGW signing, which is extremely interesting.

Think Ruth was hung out to dry by Sheerin, is a player there but he's young and developing. Quite similar to the end of last season when we were depending on young players who just weren't ready. Sometimes fans are to quick to judge, there's loads of examples where players take a bit of time to settle into a club unfortunately we're in such a bad way that time is one thing we don't have.

Reynolds played virtually every game for Dundee United last season 

If Dixon is going to be out for a while his experience in defence could be really useful until the end of the season

A back 5 of Williamson - Watson - Reynolds - ATS - McCann would be a big improvement on what we have at the moment imo 

Ruth is unarguably better than Wilson but we’re stuck with Wilson now as he’s played for us and Elgin if Ruth who’s now 4th choice is going to take up a loan spot I’d get him back to Aberdeen ASAP and fully utilise the loan market ( better than last year anyway)

Saying that, if an 18 stone Dylan Mackin can get some goals in League 2 I don't see why he can't as well 

Don’t get me started on Mackin mate, how he has been allowed to get to the size that he is, is a mystery to many fans. Think he’d be the first on many a supporters ‘release’ list.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Bloke on COYB claiming that Mark Reynolds may be coming to us. Along with us offering Goodwillie a 2.5 year deal, the failure of the deal being the amount of money due up front.

Also saying that Holt met him in his house to discuss the move.

3 things I hope aren't true.

might be reading into things too much but given Holts criticism for our existing strikers especially Dowds and saying looking for prolific goalscorer is near impossible, is it possible the whole DG sh*t came about to buy Holt some time for himself and sell the move to the new board and that's been how all this has come about.  Surely with the removal of Holt that should be the end of it?

Also seen the part on linked in on Fergus and that's a statement or comment that's just came out of my pals away am off.  I honestly think Holt is the devil himself given the c*nts tricks that he has saddled us with i.e. McKay 3 yrs, Willson 2 yrs, Fergus resigning and if what's been posted above is correct Goodwillie.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We badly need a McCracken, Dodds , Den bieman type experienced head at the back so Reynolds may fill that role well . However, it can be a bit tricky signing those types as it's important to get them just before they are completely done .

See I think we have that in Dixon he's just been sadled with absolute diddies for far too long. Imagine having to partner Durnan, Hall or Mckay. Obviously don't know how long Dixon's going to be out for but I don't fancy a back three with Reynolds & Dixon starting. 

Don't see it happening anyway as he's been in the papers previously stating he wants plastic pitches banned. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-reynolds-calls-plastic-pitches-13889542.amp