The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I know Swinney has a background in youth development so may be a case of Fergus feeling he was interfering,

It’s certainly a disappointing loss as Fergus had a strong pedigree and by all accounts was doing a great job.

Background? The guy ran the fourth valley academy

Fergus has made his decision. At the end of the day, there’s a couple of dozen Scottish clubs above us who have managed well enough without his services.

We will get by too. If his allegiance was to Holt more than the youths he was charged with developing, then he has done the honourable thing, and left.

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Background? The guy ran the fourth valley academy

Tbf Fergus has been a head coach at the Man United, Hibs and Hearts academies as well as running his own coaching business. 

Speculation on my part but it’s a huge coincidence that he’s resigned just after getting a new boss. He’s been talking since he came in about having a long term project in mind.

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I know Swinney has a background in youth development so may be a case of Fergus feeling he was interfering,

It’s certainly a disappointing loss as Fergus had a strong pedigree and by all accounts was doing a great job.

I heard that he rode on the back of Gairdoch & Airdrie Royal bots clubs & overlooked a lot of other decent youngsters leaving him open to criticism of nepotism & closed shop 

Also have first hand knowledge that he used club website to advertise for notes of interest in trials for boys but actually many parents never got the courtesy of even a response 

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I heard that he rode on the back of Gairdoch & Airdrie Royal bots clubs & overlooked a lot of other decent youngsters leaving him open to criticism of nepotism & closed shop 

Also have first hand knowledge that he used club website to advertise for notes of interest in trials for boys but actually many parents never got the courtesy of even a response 

I know he held open trials in Edinburgh and a good number of the players come from there so it can’t have been a totally closed shop

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Just on the topic of transfers and presumably McDaid is away back to Dundee, might it be worth Rennie asking about Jakubiak, if he's still looking for a forward. I don't know if he's injured or not, but given they were in for Sam Cosgrove I think it's fair to say he's quite a bit down the pecking order. Thoughts? 

The Jak was never the most clinical but I enjoyed him and Nelly playing. Certainly much worse options than him. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Not sure what to think of the Fergus thing. Seemed  like a decent guy when interviewed but something always seemed a bit iffy about how we suddenly amassed a working academy which seemed to be based on one trial in Edinburgh of 60 kids. 

There was one guy who came on here under a new username to say that Ian Fergus wasn’t responsible for scouting the new academy players. Sometimes people get mocked for a lack of posts but it felt like they came on because they had something to say. Just didn’t fit right to me at the time and wasn’t trusting of the board and their promises.

Maybe the new board got to the bottom of it or maybe Fergus didn’t agree with the new boards plans. Who knows!?

Was sceptical about the sudden capture of these players anyway and still unsure as to what their deals are as none have even featured on the bench this season despite their good results and our lack of depth or quality at times.

Also we hired Fergus’s son shortly after who ran his own academy previously. Is he still with us? 

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure what to think of the Fergus thing. Seemed  like a decent guy when interviewed but something always seemed a bit iffy about how we suddenly amassed a working academy which seemed to be based on one trial in Edinburgh of 60 kids. 

There was one guy who came on here under a new username to say that Ian Fergus wasn’t responsible for scouting the new academy players. Sometimes people get mocked for a lack of posts but it felt like they came on because they had something to say. Just didn’t fit right to me at the time and wasn’t trusting of the board and their promises.

Maybe the new board got to the bottom of it or maybe Fergus didn’t agree with the new boards plans. Who knows!?

Was sceptical about the sudden capture of these players anyway and still unsure as to what their deals are as none have even featured on the bench this season despite their good results and our lack of depth or quality at times.

Also we hired Fergus’s son shortly after who ran his own academy previously. Is he still with us? 

Na he walked out too 

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Na he walked out too 

Any idea why? Seems odd having talked about a long term plan yet not even there for a year.