The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Everything sweet for the top flight, and tough on everyone else. No justification for Monday that couldn’t be made for Friday.

Totally agree, an uncaring and totally out of touch government- crowds of under 2500 are critical  financially to lower league clubs( b4 anyone thinks I am being political- I wouldn't hire any of them across the spectrum!)

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I wonder if we'll reopen the quarantine section in the North Stand in February, there still seems to be a lot of anxiety among fans.

They might but you were lucky if there were a dozen bodies sitting in there before.

Still very much a ‘nice to do’ from the club since we have the space though.

Just on the topic of transfers and presumably McDaid is away back to Dundee, might it be worth Rennie asking about Jakubiak, if he's still looking for a forward. I don't know if he's injured or not, but given they were in for Sam Cosgrove I think it's fair to say he's quite a bit down the pecking order. Thoughts? 

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is this a joke?

If there are fans still anxious and wanting to keep their distance but are willing to pay to attend a specially suited section where absolutely nobody would be sitting anyway with the away crowds we get in this league, then surely it makes sense if the stand is open. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Difficult for the SG to always make the right calls but the frustrations at how they implement restrictions are completely understandable. Doesn’t appear to be any joined up thinking.

You could watch the game in a busy South Stand bar yet have to be limited numbers and distanced outside at the game. Bit of a joke really. Sincerely doubt the restrictions on football had any effect on the Covid numbers and puzzled as to why they can’t move the easing of restrictions forward to this weekend. There are no Premiership games either so most matches will have little over 500 fans anyway and about 4,000 tops. 

46 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

No, mate. Take a look at the League 1 omicron thread, as well as some of the recent input by our regular posters. There's still a lot of fear out there. Only thinking of their feelings x

Unbelievably poor attempt to get a bite.😁

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Just on the topic of transfers and presumably McDaid is away back to Dundee, might it be worth Rennie asking about Jakubiak, if he's still looking for a forward. I don't know if he's injured or not, but given they were in for Sam Cosgrove I think it's fair to say he's quite a bit down the pecking order. Thoughts? 

He's out of contract in the summer but I'd imagine he'll have better offers than us. I doubt they'll look at moving him on just now as well with Griffiths & Cumdog rumoured to be leaving. 

25 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Did they mention Paul Watson signing as well by any chance....

Would be happy enough with that. Lewis Neilson is also out of contract in the summer, would be worth keeping an eye on that situation if they don't fancy him in the second half of the season.

37 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Difficult for the SG to always make the right calls but the frustrations at how they implement restrictions are completely understandable. Doesn’t appear to be any joined up thinking.

You could watch the game in a busy South Stand bar yet have to be limited numbers and distanced outside at the game. Bit of a joke really. Sincerely doubt the restrictions on football had any effect on the Covid numbers and puzzled as to why they can’t move the easing of restrictions forward to this weekend. There are no Premiership games either so most matches will have little over 500 fans anyway and about 4,000 tops. 

Was always going to be a matter of compromises and no matter the decisions made there be some parties caught up in the restrictions unfairly

Every decision is a lose lose for somebody but we should keep things in perspective. There have been near 10,000 Covid deaths in Scotland. 

So in the grand scheme of things some restrictions at a football match seem pretty minor.

1 minute ago, champions said:

According to Linkdin Ian Fergus has resigned as Head of Youth Development 

Always came across really well and disappointed to see him go.

Disappointing but not surprising given Holt hired him and they seemed from the outside to be best buddies. 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’d heard a rumour about Fergus leaving. Supposedly it’s because he’s against us signing Goodwillie

Of course it was 🥱

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Disappointing but not surprising given Holt hired him and they seemed from the outside to be best buddies. 

If he's going to spit the dummy out just because Holt has been emptied  then we're better off without.  I'm sure there's others out there more than capable of carrying out the role.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If he's going to spit the dummy out just because Holt has been emptied  then we're better off without.  I'm sure there's others out there more than capable of carrying out the role.

100% this