The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Megginson will be playing  football next season with Cove and still coining it in. 

Agree with that. Not sure what it would take for him to move, probably a Premiership club and his choices would be limited. Livi, County, Dundee, St Johnstone are a few that might be interested. Unproven at that level clearly and wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. He'd likely be worse off financially although in full time football.

He'd also want a multi-year deal you'd imagine for security. Rory got offered a 1 year deal at Dundee United several years back, before he was at Cove, but turned it down as less money than he was on with job and PT wage and could have been out on his arse in 12 months.

At 30 in July, Mitch is no spring chicken but has a good few years left. I know he just bought a house at the tail end of the year and signed a contract  extension to 2024.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

21 minutes ago, champions said:

It's a fair point

Can only speak for myself but I'm happy just paying my tenner under the premise that it'll go towards the January window. But if BFL and FSS were to amalgamate in some form then I wouldn't have an issue.  Will leave that for those in charge to work out.

I was under the impression there had already been an amalgamation/partnership of sorts between the two funds to combine the shares purchased? 

4 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Things are never as black and white as this though. Sure we may have lost some fans but who is to say we may gain a larger number back supporting the club as we revitalise and inevitably start to get back up the leagues.

My beef wasn’t the fact we held a poll within the FSS members it was making the findings of that poll visible on social media.

Aye let's lose real supporters who have watched Falkirk home and away over some of the worst years in the clubs history to sign a rapist, climb into the championship and a couple odd hundred people who'll kick about as long as the club are winning. Sounds a gr8 strategy m8. 

Am I not mistaken but did they not just email the members of the FSS the results? 

People seem to be pretending to be annoyed at a group for asking the members of said group through email their opinion, when they're actually annoyed the club haven't chucked all our morals in a dustbin for a fat rapist waster from Clyde.

This is all to score some goals against the likes of... Airdrie, Clyde and East Fife 😂

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

IMO I think Dowds, Kenna and even Morrison when through the middle will score plenty goals. The problem for me is the fact we do not provide them with enough chances that often. That’s where we should be spending our money on. 

Don’t disagree about our main attacking threat.

I think McCann and Williamson can create chances from wide and Telfer and / or Nesbit from midfield.

What we are crying out for is a good defensive midfielder and at least one competent centre back.

A goalkeeper would be a nice bonus.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t disagree about our main attacking threat.

I think McCann and Williamson can create chances from wide and Telfer and / or Nesbit from midfield.

What we are crying out for is a good defensive midfielder and at least one competent centre back.

A goalkeeper would be a nice bonus.

Yeah a defender, midfielder and Goalkeeper is a must. 

Aye let's lose real supporters who have watched Falkirk home and away over some of the worst years in the clubs history to sign a rapist, climb into the championship and a couple odd hundred people who'll kick about as long as the club are winning. Sounds a gr8 strategy m8. 

Am I not mistaken but did they not just email the members of the FSS the results? 

People seem to be pretending to be annoyed at a group for asking the members of said group through email their opinion, when they're actually annoyed the club haven't chucked all our morals in a dustbin for a fat rapist waster from Clyde.

This is all to score some goals against the likes of... Airdrie, Clyde and East Fife [emoji23]

The same airdrie that you have struggled to beat in the last couple of seasons? The same airdrie 13 points ahead of you the mighty falkirk?

Missing a point this spectacularly takes all the skill and savvy of a 12 year old tbf.

I understand the point about the signing of goodwill which I obviously agree with. However, it is daft little comments like that which is why every club in league 1 (probably Scotland) enjoy it when falkirk make an arse of it.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I understand the point about the signing of goodwill which I obviously agree with. However, it is daft little comments like that which is why every club in league 1 (probably Scotland) enjoy it when falkirk make an arse of it.

Clearly still reeling that even in our banter years we still manage to hoach their better players. Thanks for Leon Mccann pal.

For me the priority in this window is clear. Assuming we are sticking with 3-5-2 going forward (which I think we should) it would be great to get in two centre-halves, a defensive midfielder a striker.

If I was being greedy I'd also want competition for Martin and cover for RWB

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone (hopefully Rennie included) that Hall, McKay and Miller/ Hetherington aren't good enough.

Players to replace those in the defensive roles along with a striker to replace Wilson and Ompreon should give us the option of two players from four for each of the positions going forward:

Attacking midfielders
Morrison
Telfer 
Nesbitt
McGuffie

Forwards
Dowds
Keena
Ruth
New ST

If we've only got enough cash for 2/3 signings, I would prioritise the defensive side of the team given Morrison can play either role.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

The same airdrie that you have struggled to beat in the last couple of seasons? The same airdrie 13 points ahead of you the mighty falkirk?

Aw fucking leave it out man. You've missed the point entirely, I actually only stuck Airdrie in there because I knew some wee dafty (yourself) would take notice of it. 

I could've picked any team out this division, Falkirk should be (I know we aren't because we're rubbish) competing and 9/10 beating them without the aid of a fat rapist. 

Aw fucking leave it out man. You've missed the point entirely, I actually only stuck Airdrie in there because I knew some wee dafty (yourself) would take notice of it. 

I could've picked any team out this division, Falkirk should be (I know we aren't because we're rubbish) competing and 9/10 beating them without the aid of a fat rapist. 

[emoji23][emoji23]

Clearly still reeling that even in our banter years we still manage to hoach their better players. Thanks for Leon Mccann pal.

That worked out well for you eh? I have no doubts that falkirk will eventually get their shit together and get up the leagues. Will enjoy it for now though

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

That worked out well for you eh? I have no doubts that falkirk will eventually get their shit together and get up the leagues. Will enjoy it for now though

To be honest this is an entirely fair post.

Given that we are by far the biggest team in this league it is entirely understandable (and a backhanded compliment) that the others are revelling in our misery.

We will eventually recover and with a bit of luck we are taking the first steps to respectability.