The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That's still over 100 new members since Holt was trebucheted/ trebushot in to the abyss a week ago

Hopefully that continues to grow up towards the 1k mark now

Those sorts of number would also help to counter Rocco's point. 1000 FSS members out of 2300 ST holders would be a pretty good percentage for representing the fans as a whole

Knowing football fans once results start to improve and people have greater confidence in the new bod the membership levels will start to rise more quickly.  

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There can’t be a poll on everything. It doesn’t work like that. The Fans reps are elected to make their judgement and the can consult or not as they see fit. Of course if they don’t consult they would likely not get re-elected. I hope this is the last of these polls personally. 

I think it is pretty obvious that there won't be a poll on everything, FSS said as much in there initial email regarding the poll.

Personally, I think FSS have handled this impeccably and if this is how the organisation continues to operate then there is the potential for a very powerful fans organisation.

20 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Things are never as black and white as this though. Sure we may have lost some fans but who is to say we may gain a larger number back supporting the club as we revitalise and inevitably start to get back up the leagues.

My beef wasn’t the fact we held a poll within the FSS members it was making the findings of that poll visible on social media.

Losing just a single lifelong fan who is opposed to an unapologetic rapist signing, to someone who becomes a fan because an unapologetic rapist is scoring some goals, would be an absolute travesty. 

Edited by bairn88

Guest Caractacus Potts

Said enough on it but the FSS did exactly what I believed they should. Had some concerns about how it was set up and the potential to be tampered with but judging by the email, they had it covered. 

As has been pointed out season ticket holders buy tickets to watch the games. The biggest say in that is whether you renew it or not. A large number of ST holders not renewing is still more power than the FSS has. Unfortunately though, as with this season, it’s hard to persuade others to follow suit. 

The FSS, like any organisation, should only listen to members and quite simply if you want a say then you have to sign up and pay for it. 

The part I don’t like is the reps not being tasked with voting in line with the members on such big issues. I know there are limitations by company law but there has to be a way round that as you can never know if a director voted accordingly. Also if we weren’t at all interested in DG then word should have been allowed to stop the group needlessly stoking the flames on something that’s completely immaterial. 

Get that it’s a work in progress though. Certainly all for the group and I hope many more start to sign up and realise its importance. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

34 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Things are never as black and white as this though. Sure we may have lost some fans but who is to say we may gain a larger number back supporting the club as we revitalise and inevitably start to get back up the leagues.

My beef wasn’t the fact we held a poll within the FSS members it was making the findings of that poll visible on social media.

Then your beef should be with the guy who put it on SM, not the FSS.

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There can’t be a poll on everything. It doesn’t work like that. The Fans reps are elected to make their judgement and the can consult or not as they see fit. Of course if they don’t consult they would likely not get re-elected. I hope this is the last of these polls personally. 

Aye.... Thats basically what I said.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's actually got a far better goalscoring record in the championship than McManus who only scored 2 goals in 32 apps in the champ for the best side in it the previous year to signing for us and I'm sure you would take him back. We could do with an experienced striker alongside dowds and Keena.

Of those 32 games he only started 12 and if I remember correctly he was mainly deployed as a winger with Ross County so it's not exactly a fair comparison. 

9 goals in 27 games for Dunfermline in the league last season. Reilly won't get 9 goals.

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Of those 32 games he only started 12 and if I remember correctly he was mainly deployed as a winger with Ross County so it's not exactly a fair comparison. 

9 goals in 27 games for Dunfermline in the league last season. Reilly won't get 9 goals.

9 is the most he's scored in a season in the championship and that's still poor. Compare that to 29 in 58 apps at league one level. Night and day.  At least Reilly has hit double figures a few times in the champ. Anyway it just shows you not to base whether a player can score goals in league one on whether they score  goals in the championship.  There's numerous players that have scored a barrowload at league one level and their record in the champ and above is dire.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Some folk having a tantrum about a member's organisation running a poll of their membership should just come out and say they're desperate for us to sign Goodwillie rather than trying to dress it up.

Basically the moral value of the club going out the window to sign him, and it seems a f**king desperate throw at the dice to have any off chance of play offs/promotion whatever you want to call it.

its almost a case of we wont sign him if you vote against it but we just want to know how many of you it sits ok with.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

315 members is still very low considering we had around 1000 people pledging to contribute before the Mark Campbell fiasco. 

What are people waiting on? Holt's gone, we've got an academy on it's way back and we've got a new management team looking to turn the on field mess around.

There will be people in BFL who will be sticking with BFL rather than switch to FSS. I know a few in that boat including myself.

Ultimately going to the same cause I.e. the purchase of shares in our club, but BFL offers a monthly cash prize and I personally like the idea of the cash going to the January transfer pot.

44 minutes ago, champions said:

There will be people in BFL who will be sticking with BFL rather than switch to FSS. I know a few in that boat including myself.

Ultimately going to the same cause I.e. the purchase of shares in our club, but BFL offers a monthly cash prize and I personally like the idea of the cash going to the January transfer pot.

How much have they pledged to the transfer fund?

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's actually got a far better goalscoring record in the championship than McManus who only scored 2 goals in 32 apps in the champ for the best side in it the previous year to signing for us and I'm sure you would take him back. We could do with an experienced striker alongside dowds and Keena.

Wow- didnt know that., always highly  rated McManus.  Dowds scores 5 in the Championship in 10 starts, time will tell he is some player.( now 7 in 7) - him and Agnew nearly got us to the play- offs which was some performance by them both. Seriously enjoy  him whilst he is there.

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, champions said:

I believe there is over £30k in the bank account, which will be handed over on the receipt of shares.

If the FSS have 315 members paying at least £10/month then that’s at least £37,800/year for the club to spend. 

Other than the monthly draw is it not effectively the same but with board representation? Could you not join forces and install an additional monthly draw to gain more money with the money accrued for that going to a January transfer fund instead of adding to the monthly payments? 

8 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Surely Mitch megginson would be the better alternative to goodwillie? Might be slightly cheaper transfer offer wise, but would probably need to give him a huge wage or offer him a PT deal

I hope this is a piss take!

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If the FSS have 315 members paying at least £10/month then that’s at least £37,800/year for the club to spend. 

Other than the monthly draw is it not effectively the same but with board representation? Could you not join forces and install an additional monthly draw to gain more money with the money accrued for that going to a January transfer fund instead of adding to the monthly payments? 

It's a fair point

Can only speak for myself but I'm happy just paying my tenner under the premise that it'll go towards the January window. But if BFL and FSS were to amalgamate in some form then I wouldn't have an issue.  Will leave that for those in charge to work out.

11 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Surely Mitch megginson would be the better alternative to goodwillie? Might be slightly cheaper transfer offer wise, but would probably need to give him a huge wage or offer him a PT deal

Megginson will be playing  football next season with Cove and still coining it in.