The Falkirk FC Thread

20 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Have they said they're releasing the outcome? Of that they're just going to make the two board members aware of it. 

Email going out today with the results. Took a bit longer as some people tried to vote despite not being members or double voting by internet trickery so those votes had to be taken out (easy to identify however so not a big deal just took a little longer than expected).

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

315 members is still very low considering we had around 1000 people pledging to contribute before the Mark Campbell fiasco. 

What are people waiting on? Holt's gone, we've got an academy on it's way back and we've got a new management team looking to turn the on field mess around.

It is still early days but we do really need more fans to sign up, Morton have a similar fans ownership scheme with 850 members. Surely we can at least match that! Not sure what people’s excuses are now that Holt is away 

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Last I recollect all FSS members are part of and contributing.
The findings absolutely should be communicated to them.

Although this is true, my main issue with this is what about all the season ticket holders who may have an opposite opinion. Does someone paying £120 a year into the FSS deserve a say over someone paying £300 a year for a season ticket?

I understand why this was done and this is a very difficult situation, but that is a very small number of fans. 

Although this is true, my main issue with this is what about all the season ticket holders who may have an opposite opinion. Does someone paying £120 a year into the FSS deserve a say over someone paying £300 a year for a season ticket?

I understand why this was done and this is a very difficult situation, but that is a very small number of fans. 

Yes they do. If you have joined the FSS you made a specific decision to do so and are willing to pay for the privilege.
Season ticket holders purchased the right to attend games or follow on Falkirk TV. Not to purchase shares in FFC.
Many in the FSS will also have paid for STs.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes they do. If you have joined the FSS you made a specific decision to do so and are willing to pay for the privilege.
Season ticket holders purchased the right to attend games or follow on Falkirk TV. Not to purchase shares in FFC.
Many in the FSS will also have paid for STs.

Can I just say I’m not having a go at this. 

I’m merely pointing out that ST holders are stakeholders within the club and considering we have 2,500, the 300 from the FSS is a very small group for a vote to be taken into consideration. At the same time you could argue that if the majority of the 22 patrons were in favour of signing him then that is a minuscule number, however, they have the same say as the FSS. 

In all honesty this is a very unusual thing to deal with and my point is how do you get the true feeling from the fan base. I don’t think the numbers from the FSS vote are as against it as I’d probably like to see 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The continued clowning of Gary Holt is something I will forever be on board with.

It’s the little things that make goals like this even better………like the first goal….it’s a cutback to Dowds, yet one of the defenders sticks up his arm looking for an offside…….from a cutback.

Quite a tight vote really considering the topic. I would've thought it would've been a far higher percentage against.  If there is any truth in the matter and if you believe the lines of the statement by the bod was aimed at this then I doubt this result makes him signing any less to be honest.

Quite a tight vote really considering the topic. I would've thought it would've been a far higher percentage against.  If there is any truth in the matter and if you believe the lines of the statement by the bod was aimed at this then I doubt this result makes him signing any less to be honest.

If 57% of the small shareholders who are currently willing to invest monthly in your club are telling you they don’t want this, you really should take this fairly seriously….

The issue is this. Of the number who voted in favour of signing him, I doubt if a single one of them would walk away if he wasn’t signed.

Of the majority who voted against, it’s a moral and ethical thing, and a % of those supporters would most certainly walk away.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This isn't the normal way of running things. Folk need to calm down. There isnt going to be a vote on every issue or signing. Its quite simply a response to the hugely controversial nature of this one signing.

FSS have done the right thing here IMO
There needed to be something done and they are exactly the right vehicle for it. They are the early shoots of fan ownership and whilst fans in such a scheme cant expect to get a say in everything, if they cant speak on an issue like this, whats the point?

There can’t be a poll on everything. It doesn’t work like that. The Fans reps are elected to make their judgement and the can consult or not as they see fit. Of course if they don’t consult they would likely not get re-elected. I hope this is the last of these polls personally. 

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The issue is this. Of the number who voted in favour of signing him, I doubt if a single one of them would walk away if he wasn’t signed.

Of the majority who voted against, it’s a moral and ethical thing, and a % of those supporters would most certainly walk away.

Maybe an option should've been  who would walk away from the club if we signed David Goodwillie. 

You would think on a topic like this the fss reps would have asked the FSS to carry out a poll if they were thinking of signing goodwillie instead of the fss having to carry one out on their own backs. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

So who gets the casting vote then if MR wants him to spearhead his attack?

This is when polls can cause problems…what happens if another 4 polls say the consensus is to bring him on board?

This is only a view from a cross section of our overall support.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down I’m not supporting we sign him.

I agree. I am first of all happy with the outcome, and do not thing we should sign him however this is only 136 fans out of a couple thousand home support and only 30 odd people difference from those who want to sign him. It means very little IMO but I hope it’s a deciding factor.

I think the deciding factor's more likely to be how many thousands Clyde want. If rumours are to be believed on here then we've not offered enough so hopefully we're now looking elsewhere.

Tell you who I'm glad we never signed, Gavin Reilly, scored his 1st league goal at the weekend for Morton at the 16th attempt of asking. Proper goalscorer material.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I think the deciding factor's more likely to be how many thousands Clyde want. If rumours are to be believed on here then we've not offered enough so hopefully we're now looking elsewhere.

Tell you who I'm glad we never signed, Gavin Reilly, scored his 1st league goal at the weekend for Morton at the 16th attempt of asking. Proper goalscorer material.

Different level though the championship.  I'd fancy he'd get a few in league one still.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not for me, a bullet dodged.

He's actually got a far better goalscoring record in the championship than McManus who only scored 2 goals in 32 apps in the champ for the best side in it the previous year to signing for us and I'm sure you would take him back. We could do with an experienced striker alongside dowds and Keena.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Maybe an option should've been  who would walk away from the club if we signed David Goodwillie. 

Things are never as black and white as this though. Sure we may have lost some fans but who is to say we may gain a larger number back supporting the club as we revitalise and inevitably start to get back up the leagues.

My beef wasn’t the fact we held a poll within the FSS members it was making the findings of that poll visible on social media.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

315 members is still very low considering we had around 1000 people pledging to contribute before the Mark Campbell fiasco. 

What are people waiting on? Holt's gone, we've got an academy on it's way back and we've got a new management team looking to turn the on field mess around.

That's still over 100 new members since Holt was trebucheted/ trebushot in to the abyss a week ago

Hopefully that continues to grow up towards the 1k mark now

Those sorts of number would also help to counter Rocco's point. 1000 FSS members out of 2300 ST holders would be a pretty good percentage for representing the fans as a whole

And now FSS take on Gary Holts chalice as an interfering bunch of teats. They should all shut up and keep out of the hiring of playing staff. 

What next, a vote on  tactics. 

get a bloody grip on yourselves, if you have any serious intent in being a part of the Board then be professional about it