The Falkirk FC Thread

Pleased to see a majority of FSS voters going against the signing of Goodwillie.

Cant do any more really.

So who gets the casting vote then if MR wants him to spearhead his attack?

This is when polls can cause problems…what happens if another 4 polls say the consensus is to bring him on board?

This is only a view from a cross section of our overall support.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down I’m not supporting we sign him.

That should be the end of that then
Nicely demonstrates that if fans truly want a say in the running of the club, joining the FSS is absolutely the way to do it 
 875800900_ScreenShot2022-01-10at14_51_15.thumb.png.2e674c90083bd5dba6f69e8e26ebfc43.png

Another thing I think should have been kept private. No need for all and sundry to pour over

Not impressed!

This is when polls can cause problems…what happens if another 4 polls say the consensus is to bring him on board?

It should be representative of the FSS position who have two members on the board.
I’m not sure what any other unofficial poll would mean.

8 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

In every other case, Rennie. In the case of a rapist, us. 

5 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

So if he signs now the FSS group are going to be disgruntled?

That’s going create harmony

no, the FSS has done its job - taken the temp of its members and passed on the info to the directors that represent them, also TBF they never posted it on PnB, it was sent to each member - as it should have been.

Edited by falkirkzombie

no, but the FSS has done its job - taken the temp of its members and passed on the info to the directors that represent them, also TBF they never posted it on PnB, it was sent to each member - as it should have been.

No issue with that but did it need to be made public?

8 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Another thing I think should have been kept private. No need for all and sundry to pour over

Not impressed!

I'm a member of FSS and pleased they have done this. If the aim of an organisation is to be representative of its members then it should be as transparent as possible. Publishing the results and their course of action is exactly what I'd expect of them. 

I'm a member of FSS and pleased they have done this. If the aim of an organisation is to be representative of its members then it should be as transparent as possible. Publishing the results and their course of action is exactly what I'd expect of them. 

Yes I can agree to a point but I think it should have been kept in house and views passed on to directors etc.

I don’t think logging results on a public form is the right place to display findings etc. it should have remained info within FSS.

I appreciate that they have not put this on this site but possibly another member has.
I feel it should be removed

Just my view of course.

315 members is still very low considering we had around 1000 people pledging to contribute before the Mark Campbell fiasco. 

What are people waiting on? Holt's gone, we've got an academy on it's way back and we've got a new management team looking to turn the on field mess around.

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

Yes I can agree to a point but I think it should have been kept in house and views passed on to directors etc.

I don’t think logging resume on a public form is the right place to display the findings. IMO it should have remained info within FSS.

I appreciate that they have not put this on this site but possibly another member has.
I feel it should be removed

Just my view of course.

That's on the members rather than the organisation.

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

Then what happens? If it's kept "in house" and Goodwillie signs the supporters trust or whatever it is that done the poll will need to come out and say the members voted against it and it would cause a further divide between Falkirk fans and whatever collection of numpties are currently running the club

This isn't the normal way of running things. Folk need to calm down. There isnt going to be a vote on every issue or signing. Its quite simply a response to the hugely controversial nature of this one signing.

FSS have done the right thing here IMO
There needed to be something done and they are exactly the right vehicle for it. They are the early shoots of fan ownership and whilst fans in such a scheme cant expect to get a say in everything, if they cant speak on an issue like this, whats the point?