The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would argue that this system should suit Morrison more than being played wide.

His crossing is as good as Hall and McKays defending but his pace through the middle is a real asset though he does need to improve his finishing.

Pulled defenders all over the place yesterday 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pulled defenders all over the place yesterday 

The thing with Morrison is defenders will not want him getting the ball and running at them, therefore, they will follow him everywhere to stop it but this just opens gaps for others

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

Is this serious? “There is no point in having 2 similar type of players vying for this one position”, I would argue that’s exactly what you want. You even said yourself you need to keep your fingers crossed that Dowds doesn’t get injured

should have edited that ..... we only have limited cash and it would be better spent on a goalkeeper, central defender and midfielder. Signing DG would cost us a transfer fee plus his wages which I think would be top earner at the club. I'm not convinced that he is needed as long as Dowds keeps fit....as we would be paying a substantial amount for a guy who potentially would be a bench warmer.   

35 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

should have edited that ..... we only have limited cash and it would be better spent on a goalkeeper, central defender and midfielder. Signing DG would cost us a transfer fee plus his wages which I think would be top earner at the club. I'm not convinced that he is needed as long as Dowds keeps fit....as we would be paying a substantial amount for a guy who potentially would be a bench warmer.   

If we did sign DG then I doubt he’d be a bench warmer but that makes more sense to me now 😂

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

A third of the best strike force outside the top league a par fan said on our post 😂 Yogi not playing any of the other 2 also.

Wilson won't be going anywhere soon unless we pay him off, I don't rate either Ruth or Omperon and obviously Rennie doesn't either. I'm not too keen on Morrison up top either but we need another better than the loans.

A young right back wouldn't go a miss given that Miller fills in, centre mid and another centre defender. I'm not surprised a goalkeeper is being touted. 

We were told we'd spend in this window, defence is the big concern for me as it's as bad as the Hartley one we ended up with 

Nobody think of a swap deal? They're not the only clubs looking to freshen up a squad, when there's little resources available.

Just comes down to you coming out on the better side of a deal, if you can.

33 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We'd be lucky to get a bag of footballs in a swap for Wilson. In fact we would probably have to offer him plus cash to get the deal done. 

"Suckers, there's one born every minute" somebody once said.

image.jpeg.739b47ccd27f3cdf5f5e994435f19b5b.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We'd be lucky to get a bag of footballs in a swap for Wilson. In fact we would probably have to offer him plus cash to get the deal done. 

Do you have any idea how much of a dickhead you sound with comments like that? The lad is back in our squad so give him a break furfucksake.

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Why a 2 year deal for someone noone else was interested in. Honestly you couldn't make it up. A one year would've been 6 months too long.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Do you have any idea how much of a dickhead you sound with comments like that? The lad is back in our squad so give him a break furfucksake.

He's right though he's nowhere near good enough.  1 goal in 17 apps this season. He's a Highland / lowland league level striker at best. Hopefully we can maybe put him out on loan to one of those sides . 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Football forums are notoriously non pc so you really shouldn’t be too surprised when a comment like this appears.

In truth the comment was harsh but fair, we are talking about a player way out of his depth and who should never have been signed.

Unfortunately for Wilson nowhere to hide on a football pitch (or forum).

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The continued clowning of Gary Holt is something I will forever be on board with.

I'm just realising that this appears to have been a meme on SM for quite a while now!

Happy to see tweets like this wrt Falkirk for the foreseeable 😂

I could have I scored a hat trick with that defending and that's not being unfair to AD.  Fair play to  Morrison for AD's 2nd goal for running across the defenders and pulling them out of position though and for the finish but I'm not giving him any cudos for the 1st and 3rd

2 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I could have I scored a hat trick with that defending and that's not being unfair to AD.  Fair play to  Morrison for AD's 2nd goal for running across the defenders and pulling them out of position though and for the finish but I'm not giving him any cudos for the 1st and 3rd

First was good movement in the box mind you. For the majority of the season  so far Williamson would've been in that position and our striker still prancing about at the edge of the box. Least he was in there.

12 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Okay Gary