The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Apparently Rennie is looking to bring in a goalkeeper as well so maybe a sign that Mutch will be out longer term.

I think we really need an experienced goalie, how many goals have we conceded this season that have rolled past a goalie at 0.5mph. 

19 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I don’t doubt that there was a bid placed; however, I’m hopeful we have been priced out. 

Hopefully that’s the case. I still think it’s an absolute disgrace that our management team are willing to pay money for an actual rapist because he might drag us to a play off spot in the third tier. 

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nope I signed up to express my anger. The more people who do that the better surely? 

No being funny here but the majority of those 100% confirmed that we are in talks with Clyde and Goodwillie seem to be new posters and to add to the bargain "Falkirk supporters". I think its the fact anyone knows we would end up going batshit mental against such a signing (as rightly so) and indeed the meltdown on here as witnessed by the posts of the past f*ck knows how many pages.

In short c*nts at the wind up

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts
39 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No being funny here but the majority of those 100% confirmed that we are in talks with Clyde and Goodwillie seem to be new posters and to add to the bargain "Falkirk supporters". I think its the fact anyone knows we would end up going batshit mental against such a signing (as rightly so) and indeed the meltdown on here as witnessed by the posts of the past f*ck knows how many pages.

In short c*nts at the wind up

Know what you mean but I wouldn’t dismiss anyone just because they have joined and have few posts. Most people come on such forums because they have something to say, be it a strong opinion about something or information. That doesn’t mean to say it’s true but there has been enough said on DG from various sources to make me think our interest is real. 

Anyway said enough on the matter. Want to bask in the victory yesterday and the hope Dowds quick resurgence means DG is no longer in consideration. 

Its clearly early days for Dowds and one performance against a Dumbarton team in disarray doesnt tell the whole story, but even from the highlights its really noticable, and specifically his first and third goal, aswell as his assists, Dowds was doing proper striker things. Things we havent seen from Ruth or Keena. His first goal in particular he was very alive in the box and really done the defender with his movement.

The point being despite the probability that Dowds is less good a player than Goodwillie, yesterday he was doing exactly the things we would expect Goodwillie to do.

Really encouraging signs from him.

Ideally I'd want  5 new players need to come into the first team.

New GK

williamson New CB New CB ATS   McCann

New CDM

New CM    Telfer 

Dowds     Morrison

I thought McGuffie looked good at CM yesterday however I don't think I'd want him starting every week. 

Nesbitt looked much better coming off the bench yesterday too, he's been poor the past few weeks. 

On 06/01/2022 at 08:54, Shadwell Dog said:

I very much doubt the hysteria on here will have anything to do with it.  Can just see the bod saying every time they need to make a decision  okay hang on a minute before we do that I need to check what the folk on pie and Bovril think. Sad that the logic of this post is immediately dismissed & the irony is that the inclusive nature of the board’s positional statement has been been denigrated by the ignorance & intolerance of the small but vocal minority promoting its own mantra

See Wee Kevin O Hara out of the picture at the Pars 

10 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

But if your serious about getting into the top league you need to meet the criteria - as far as I'm aware that's 7k seats and astro or Under soil heating

That will cost a few Million quid and the upkeep of said infrastructure costs a bunch too. 

Hence why you can match us for wages. 

You are incorrect that isn’t a thing any more 

Eta - I never said or thought that we would be going up anyway. It won’t happen 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's still a shocking goal return. Any striker worth their salt should be getting 15 to 20 at champ level pretty comfortably. He looks like one of those guys whose not entirely sure what he's going to do with the ball never mind the defender. His record above the Isthmian premier is very poor.  Championship bottom of the top flight seems about his level.

Has taken the piss in near enough every single game he’s played in the Championship. He’s way too good for it. 

Anybody know where I can watch the Kenny Miller interview that was shown before the match yesterday?

Couldn't hear much off it as the wee man was causing havoc in the house but it seemed quite extensive and worth a proper listen.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think a striker is our main priority now funnily enough. Id prefer we got replacements for Mackay, hall and miller.  They are all liable to hand a goal to the opposition at any time . Yesterday it was miller's embarrassing effort at the edge of the box which gave Dumbarton a slither of hope.  Sort out that and I think we'll score goals ok.  Another striker wouldn't go a miss but other areas should be the priority.

Aslong as Dowds and Keena don't get injured because the thought of Ompreon and Wilson quite frankly gives you the boak. There is Ruth ofcourse but i can see him maybe getting his loan cut short and going back to Aberdeen. 

Anyone who now thinks we don’t need reinforcements up top because of Dowds performance yesterday needs their head looked at. We need another striker in regardless. If Dowds form drops or he gets injured we will be back to square 1. 

I agree that defence and centre midfield is a priority but I’m sure all three positions will be looked at. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Aslong as Dowds and Keena don't get injured because the thought of Ompreon and Wilson quite frankly gives you the boak. There is Ruth ofcourse but i can see him maybe getting his loan cut short and going back to Aberdeen. 

If any of our strikers go, it won’t be Ruth imo. I don’t imagine he’ll be in much and is fine as a back up option.

Ompreon and Wilson will go permanently or on loan, and I’d be happy for Keena to go too to free up wages.

We should be launching Ompreon and Wilson. Ruth in the balance. If Aberdeen were happy for him to stay as a backup fair enough but we should be looking to bring in one of starting quality leaving Dowds, Keena and someone else competing for the front two slots.

19 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

I don’t really disagree with any of what you say but the reality was and is that Anton was not playing well, and hasn’t really stood out at any point at his time at Falkirk. The whole point of a loan is that the player can develop and in exceptional circumstances deliver for the parent club. Let’s not pretend he was doing well for us at the start of the season. I understand you (and the player) will be disappointed, but it’s not like he was picked on for the sake of it. 

I said pre season that dowds should be in our team . It was pretty obvious that he has talent albeit he had been injured and was not at peak fitness. 
Every team needs a target man at times but Dowds offers great link up play as well as he has a good football brain. Something that Sheerin, Holt and Deans obviously lack given they sanctioned the loan deal in the first place . Note for future if Dick Campbell wants one of your players on loan - take a second look he doesn’t miss much!

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

If any of our strikers go, it won’t be Ruth imo. I don’t imagine he’ll be in much and is fine as a back up option.

Ompreon and Wilson will go permanently or on loan, and I’d be happy for Keena to go too to free up wages.

Think Rennie quite likes Keena I don't see him going anywhere. 

Think Rennie quite likes Keena I don't see him going anywhere. 
Keena is ideal fodder for Kenny Miller to work with.

Its also going to be hugely beneficial to him to have Dowds beside him occupying defenders and doing more of the hold up.

I always have been, and remain convinced, that there is a good striker in Keena.