The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just watched the highlights. Don’t think anyone is getting carried away as Dumbarton were shocking however rather than this just being a blip in a failing team let’s hope this is the start of a new dawn. Looks like the new management teams influence is showing in our attack. The goals we scored were much more direct and involved less messing about in the middle of the park. Hopefully we only get better but considering the season we’ve had it’s definitely to be enjoyed. 

As for the Dowds interview, I understand what folk are reading in to it. I suspect he probably would rather be at Arbroath but he conducted the interview very professionally and spoke well. I don’t care how happy he seems though in interviews, just care about his attitude and application on the pitch and that was spot on. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Despite playing shite for us we sent him to a higher division where he sharpened up his skills and made him a much better player whilst continuing to pay his wages, rather than sending him out to the Lowland League to play for East Stirling.
Strange idea of the club shafting him imo.

Not necessarily shafting thew guy, but when your employer or paart of the club that employee you comes out publicly and claims that Wilson is a better player than Dowds is being a bit of a c*nt.  Would you be chuffed if the guy that employed you claimed that a.n. other employee was better than you.

he took a lot of criticism on here for guys saying he wasn't good enough and should be cut etc. The end of the day if you got one guy putting a shift in when the other 10 can't be arsed or only here for a wage then your fighting a losing battle and I think thats part of our problem some are only here to be journeymen and some actually want to help the club move on.

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is all down to Arbroath IMO. Had they showed they really had ambition to go up and believed Dowds was the man to help take them there they would have ponyed up the cash. They didn’t, Dowds will be with us till the summer unless someone comes in with an offer we can’t refuse. 
As far as the interview goes it just looks like people looking for something more to moan about. Watched it again and struggle to see this thoroughly depressed footballer some seem to want to invent. 

I think it might be just his demeanour he just looks fed up tbh no sure if its the fact it was Baltic when he was getting interviewed or not, a lot of us reading between the lines I dare say the same as the Goodwillie folk reading between the lines and adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5.

Edited by AL-FFC

Just caught up on the highlights and interviews from Dumbarton game yesterday.

Firstly on Dowds.  Massive credit to him for going away to arbroath working on his match fitness and game and looking very good. I saw him pre season against stirling University and he looked unfit, however it was preseason. I would still have had him over guys like wilson et Al as his attitude and skill level was better so once he regained fitness would have been a far better option. as for the interview I didn't see it as negative as some, I thought he came across positively and professionally.  I hope he wants to stay, and stays and does a great job. 3 goals and 2 assists shows the right message. 

as for the game, really refreshing to hear rennie emphasise again the faster attacking play he wants and to see it in evidence yesterday. I'm with andreas kelevra on this as we've seen far too much Largs, sideways slow moving possession based football over the past 5 years. it's awful to watch and predictable. yesterday was refreshing. defensively was surprised at how many good chances Dumbarton created and didn't put away. if we can get Dixon back in there and 1 or 2 others that would help.

with Holt gone, a new manager with early days but more attack minded thinking, dowds back firing and maybe 1 or 2 others coming,  new board,  hopefully fans getting back, starting to feel a bit optimistic for the first time in years. make the play offs and who knows?

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nouble only has 4 goals in 20 games this season which is a pretty dreadful return at champ level if he hopes to play regularly at a higher level.

Arbroath have a +18 goal difference and, based on the games I’ve watched, a lot of that is due to Nouble tormenting centre halfs and dragging them all over the pitch.

Guest TedCrilly
35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nouble only has 4 goals in 20 games this season which is a pretty dreadful return at champ level if he hopes to play regularly at a higher level.

^^^ Gary Holt.

15 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Stand by it

The change in style of play - getting the ball forward quicker, getting on the front foot, prioritise going forward over possession mattered a lot more than Dowds. As if we played the way we have all season he’d have had 1 or 2 chances at best.

Created one and scored 3, ok he made no difference 😂

I doubt we would've scored 6 without him tbh, Dumbarton were poor and the real test is against teams who won't be trying to escape the trap door. 

Dowds has comeback with pace and more hunger, that made a huge difference to us yesterday

16 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Currently at the same point in my football manager save with Falkirk as we are in real life. Dowds has just returned from loan, and against dumbarton he has just scored a hat-trick for me!!! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I’m the same- initially I thought oh no looking at the squad but we’re sitting 15 points clear in January only losing 1 game.

I’ve only brought in Finlay Pollock and Max McMillan on loan.

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We never had that front pairing second half of last season and we had top 4 form 

As for the crowd patter LOL. Arbroath averaging about 1500 with 1100 season ticket holders. Middle of the road for a championship club

Love how we’re getting a slagging all of a sudden cause Dowds was treated well here. Unreal. Billy big time attitude won’t get you far. That attitude and pressure on everyone who’s went into the club and the people running the club probably hasn’t helped last few year

Yes, you had top 4 form, but you were neither 3 points clear in the league or top 4. You were 7th, 

I don’t know why you are quoting me wrt everything else you were banging on about. I think you had one or two giving it “we will take him this window or in the summer” Billy big Baws stuff. 

The one thing that is certain is you have reached the top of the Championship with loans being key. Nouble and Dowds now gone. Even with Hamilton, you will not sustain pre- yesterday form.

Someone I trust implicitly at the club has informed us that we have 100% put in a bid for Goodwillie which has been rejected. The person in question is against the signing but the overriding feeling is the board are unwilling to meddle in such decisions. 

Incredibly naïve board we have if true…

14 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Someone I trust implicitly at the club has informed us that we have 100% put in a bid for Goodwillie which has been rejected. The person in question is against the signing but the overriding feeling is the board are unwilling to meddle in such decisions. 

Then that person should get his arse kicked out the door. Blabbing about these dealings only puts the backs up of the clubs FFC is negotiating with. It is not the way to do business and loses trust and respect.

Can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot.

40 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Arbroath have a +18 goal difference and, based on the games I’ve watched, a lot of that is due to Nouble tormenting centre halfs and dragging them all over the pitch.

It's still a shocking goal return. Any striker worth their salt should be getting 15 to 20 at champ level pretty comfortably. He looks like one of those guys whose not entirely sure what he's going to do with the ball never mind the defender. His record above the Isthmian premier is very poor.  Championship bottom of the top flight seems about his level.