The Falkirk FC Thread

But if your serious about getting into the top league you need to meet the criteria - as far as I'm aware that's 7k seats and astro or Under soil heating

That will cost a few Million quid and the upkeep of said infrastructure costs a bunch too. 

Hence why you can match us for wages. 

Perhaps when you get 7000 seats in your stadium and pitch protection or g4 astro. you might not be able to match us for wages.
Dont know if you've been paying attention lately, but it's not our stadium.[emoji87]

9 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I for one would be utterly astonished if we see him back at Gayfield in the short term and certainly won’t be this month. Perhaps if we go up we could maybe offer him a contract (if he was available, still playing well and he wanted to come back) as I would think we would definitely have to go to at least a hybrid part-time/full-time setup. Either that or he decides that he would rather go back to being a part-time player.

That’s all immaterial at the moment though as the simple facts are he’s a Falkirk player, we were lucky to have him on loan and you’re management/board would have to be certifiable to even consider it.

This is all down to Arbroath IMO. Had they showed they really had ambition to go up and believed Dowds was the man to help take them there they would have ponyed up the cash. They didn’t, Dowds will be with us till the summer unless someone comes in with an offer we can’t refuse. 
As far as the interview goes it just looks like people looking for something more to moan about. Watched it again and struggle to see this thoroughly depressed footballer some seem to want to invent. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

As far as the interview goes it just looks like people looking for something more to moan about. Watched it again and struggle to see this thoroughly depressed footballer some seem to want to invent. 

See since your pals got on the board BPM?

Comical Ali' barb against Trad sparks call for review of vilification

35 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

See since your pals got on the board BPM?

Comical Ali' barb against Trad sparks call for review of vilification

There was nothing to moan about before of course? Did you miss the bit where we have been dragged to our lowest point in 40 years? 

Guest TedCrilly

Hopefully a commanding centre half and dominant box to box centre mid will be signed up for Airdrie. I still think against a better side, yesterday would have been a disaster. McKay / Hall are a car crash and Miller isn’t good enough if we want to push on this season. Fine as a utility player to cover injuries.

Edited by TedCrilly

7 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Dowds I hope realises that the people who made the decisions re him are no longer at the club. If he continues to perform to that level he’ll be more than appreciated but I think he should cut the attitude considering it wasn’t Rennie/the new board or the fans who choose to loan him out. 

if you've ever been in the situation where the company that you work for has shafted you its kind of hard to be endearing towards them regardless how the change in management is.  I don't doubt Rennie will change it and it will take a bit time, but as mentioned there are probably a few hingers oan from the old regime still trying to stay part of it and again they are probably still linked with that toxicity.  

5 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

But if your serious about getting into the top league you need to meet the criteria - as far as I'm aware that's 7k seats and astro or Under soil heating

That will cost a few Million quid and the upkeep of said infrastructure costs a bunch too. 

I don't think thats part of the criteria any longer, pretty sure when Ayr were flying high it met criteria albeit on a lower standard think they went Gold, Silver and Bronze on standard and it met the Bronze level

they only need covers for the pitch 

if you've ever been in the situation where the company that you work for has shafted you its kind of hard to be endearing towards them regardless how the change in management is.  I don't doubt Rennie will change it and it will take a bit time, but as mentioned there are probably a few hingers oan from the old regime still trying to stay part of it and again they are probably still linked with that toxicity.  

Despite playing shite for us we sent him to a higher division where he sharpened up his skills and made him a much better player whilst continuing to pay his wages, rather than sending him out to the Lowland League to play for East Stirling.
Strange idea of the club shafting him imo.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Despite playing shite for us we sent him to a higher division where he sharpened up his skills and made him a much better player whilst continuing to pay his wages, rather than sending him out to the Lowland League to play for East Stirling.
Strange idea of the club shafting him imo.

We have gotten ourselves into a quandry with Dowds.

He clearly is rated by Rennie and has proven he can play at a higher level.

He won't be short of suitors and the fact his contract expires soon he has the upper hand.

I'd hope we could extend his deal and give him a proper run.  Also hoping Rennie can convince him of staying to make it mutually beneficial to both parties.

6 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Where are you getting those stadium criteria rules?

54 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

On the topic of player wages, if u take football manager to be a reliable source, which you would think there would be some research done, then our players get paid between 700 to 1000 p/week. Gary holt was also on either 900 or 1200 p/week, can’t mind as I terminated his contract at the start

Love it 😂

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Coming back, he is surely not so daft as to not recognise the fact that of the Board members and management team, the only faces he would recognise are Ronnie Bateman and Gordon Wright.

He wasn’t wronged by the club, he was wronged by people at the club, and not a single one of them are part of the new set up.

More importantly, where any club sits in any given league is not a permanent state of being. Arbroath have lost their front pairing, and surprise surprise, they draw a blank, and get beat by Ayr. They will slide this season, and they will slide next season too.

If Dowds is genuinely pissed off, he needs to understand what he is pissed off with. If he decides it’s a club crest, then he is making a big mistake.

Arbroath still has Nouble playing yesterday and paired him up front with another Premiership loan signing.

Nouble away now right enough and for my teams sake I hope you are right about their position only being temporary.