The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

No camera nerves this is a graduate who had a successful business career. He played for us for 2 years- dont recognise him.- nicest positive boy you could ever meet . He is  clearly so p-ssed off, the interview was also cut short- from last clip.- love to hear what he said at the end!.
As said before bad behaviour is not an isolated event, it tends to be  a series of events. In time there will be more from him- I bet going from no 1/2  striker to no 4 there must  of been some bad sh-t somewhere .Seriously  can anyone really blame him for  wanting to move on?

For those who say, he is paid by us and he needs to deal with it. Don't be naive. He knows he has done enough for his next move upwards , he  only  has 6 months left,.
We at EF always knew  from his successful business life before football he is independently wealthy - if he feels wronged , as I think he does, he will battle it out… he is not your typical footballer!!

Again credit to the man that being so p-ssed off that he does so well.

Any chance of reposting that in English?

16 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

No camera nerves this is a graduate who had a successful business career. He played for us for 2 years- dont recognise him.- nicest positive boy you could ever meet . He is  clearly so p-ssed off, the interview was also cut short- from last clip.- love to hear what he said at the end!.
As said before bad behaviour is not an isolated event, it tends to be  a series of events. In time there will be more from him- I bet going from no 1/2  striker to no 4 there must  of been some bad sh-t somewhere .Seriously  can anyone really blame him for  wanting to move on?

For those who say, he is paid by us and he needs to deal with it. Don't be naive. He knows he has done enough for his next move upwards , he  only  has 6 months left,.
We at EF always knew  from his successful business life before football he is independently wealthy - if he feels wronged , as I think he does, he will battle it out… he is not your typical footballer!!

A truly terrible post. One of the worst on this thread which is an incredible feat.

Well done.

The "Falkirk" instead of "we" in Dowds interview is a bit of af a concern. As others have said he is an employee of Falkirk not a fan. However he showed today that will give 100% till he is not a Falkirk player this window or whenever. He needs to perform for the sake of his professional football career

4 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

The "Falkirk" instead of "we" in Dowds interview is a bit of af a concern. As others have said he is an employee of Falkirk not a fan. However he showed today that will give 100% till he is not a Falkirk player this window or whenever. He needs to perform for the sake of his professional football career

He was responding to a question put by wee Lewis who referred to us as 'Falkirk'. Not really surprising that he replied in kind.

37 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

I'd be interested to know how he's 'independently wealthy'.

Couldn’t watch the game live today due to work. Just caught the highlights and it was brilliant to see striker, actually a player that can finish.

I honestly don’t think he’ll be with us long. His body language throughout the highlights after scoring compared to what Iv seen of his celebrations at Arbroath are day and night.
Like has been discussed beforehand, can you actually blame the guy?

I hope I’m wrong and he notices the “positive” changes within the club.

The guy was given a shit time by fans on here and online before he’d even got a run in the team and a fair crack of the whip.

Genuine baffled by that penalty award.
About the only thing I can say in the referees support is that there weren’t too many protests but it’s really hard to see what it was awarded for.
As for Ramsbottom’s save outside the box, how could THREE officials not spot that?
We look like we have made good inroads into resolving our issues in supply to strikers and finishing, with Dowds. In saying that, better opponents will score a barrowload against that defence of ours.
Plenty of work for Rennie to do but he’s definitely on the right track…..

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Coming back, he is surely not so daft as to not recognise the fact that of the Board members and management team, the only faces he would recognise are Ronnie Bateman and Gordon Wright.

He wasn’t wronged by the club, he was wronged by people at the club, and not a single one of them are part of the new set up.

More importantly, where any club sits in any given league is not a permanent state of being. Arbroath have lost their front pairing, and surprise surprise, they draw a blank, and get beat by Ayr. They will slide this season, and they will slide next season too.

If Dowds is genuinely pissed off, he needs to understand what he is pissed off with. If he decides it’s a club crest, then he is making a big mistake.

We never had that front pairing second half of last season and we had top 4 form 

As for the crowd patter LOL. Arbroath averaging about 1500 with 1100 season ticket holders. Middle of the road for a championship club

Love how we’re getting a slagging all of a sudden cause Dowds was treated well here. Unreal. Billy big time attitude won’t get you far. That attitude and pressure on everyone who’s went into the club and the people running the club probably hasn’t helped last few year

Dowds I hope realises that the people who made the decisions re him are no longer at the club. If he continues to perform to that level he’ll be more than appreciated but I think he should cut the attitude considering it wasn’t Rennie/the new board or the fans who chose to loan him out. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

56 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Genuine baffled by that penalty award.
About the only thing I can say in the referees support is that there weren’t too many protests but it’s really hard to see what it was awarded for.
As for Ramsbottom’s save outside the box, how could THREE officials not spot that?
We look like we have made good inroads into resolving our issues in supply to strikers and finishing, with Dowds. In saying that, better opponents will score a barrowload against that defence of ours.
Plenty of work for Rennie to do but he’s definitely on the right track…..

I felt that McCann (who had definitely been fouled previously) went through the back of McLean to concede the penalty and that Ramsbottom's hands were still inside the box when he made contact, albeit that the majority of his body was outside by that point.

I'm affwy guid we the pause button you see!

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Like others are saying, people are looking far too into that interview.

It might take a couple weeks before Dowds is properly back in the loop. I can't imagine he'll be buzzing to be back but if we can kick on it might get better.

He's gone from playing in a squad which is flying high in the championship and totally exceeding expectations. Squad morale will be high in the sky especially with the likes of Dick Campbell leading the team. 

To coming back to a team who like Dowds said in his interview, has a nervous feel all round. A team who's had folk like arrogant w****r of a man Gary Holt. Who have stated that the likes of Dowds aren't good enough for a side while bringing in Jamie Wilson. 

And everyone can say what they want, Dowds like numerous others weren't good enough last season, and I wasn't overly fussed at him going out on loan considering I thought we would have signed better players. However GH signed dross and Dowds really kicked on at Arbroath and I'm happy he's kicked on. 

If Arbroath want to cough up the money for him this January they can, if not they can sign him in the summer. I'd like to think we could offer more than them though as we're Full time and they're not. Sound x 

How much do Falkirk players get paid? Serious question? 25k a year average maybe? 

7 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

500 a week is the figure always quoted,.

That’s really not a lot. We definitely have a couple of players on more than that. Imagine most wont be far off. We have a player who regularly attracts interest from lower half Premiership teams but has zero desire to move because a wage with us (more than 500) plus a wage from his actual job is better than what he could get at Premiership clubs. Dowds could do 15 hour a week in tesco plus play for us and make more cash if he’s only on about 500. I understand he’s a fairly clever guy too. 

But yeah this FT thing. I think there’s maybe 2 players in our squad who couldn’t get a FT team if they really wanted to. Just depends on what lifestyle each individual wants. 

Dowds could probably double his money with a good PT offer

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That’s really not a lot. We definitely have a couple of players on more than that. Imagine most wont be far off. We have a player who regularly attracts interest from lower half Premiership teams but has zero desire to move because a wage with us (more than 500) plus a wage from his actual job is better than what he could get at Premiership clubs. Dowds could do 15 hour a week in tesco plus play for us and make more cash if he’s only on about 500. I understand he’s a fairly clever guy too. 

But yeah this FT thing. I think there’s maybe 2 players in our squad who couldn’t get a FT team if they really wanted to. Just depends on what lifestyle each individual wants. 

Dowds could probably double his money with a good PT offer

Perhaps when you get 7000 seats in your stadium and pitch protection or g4 astro. you might not be able to match us for wages.

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How much do Falkirk players get paid? Serious question? 25k a year average maybe? 

I would guess that the average Falkirk player atm is on around £600 a week. I’d also guess that players like Telfer, Morrison and Nesbitt will be on around £800, with promotion clauses and bonuses on top.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Dowds I hope realises that the people who made the decisions re him are no longer at the club. If he continues to perform to that level he’ll be more than appreciated but I think he should cut the attitude considering it wasn’t Rennie/the new board or the fans who choose to loan him out. 

What attitude though? I'm really not seeing this at all

54 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Perhaps when you get 7000 seats in your stadium and pitch protection or g4 astro. you might not be able to match us for wages.

Why would we need 7000 seats our ground holds 6600 and Astro is shite 😂 

Don't really get your point? 

Just replying to some of the mad shouts in here. AFC taken a wee bit of an unfair slagging and it surprises me how many people automatically just think FT = more money for players 

If we are in Championship, getting FT level Championship crowds whilst paying PT costs for operating the club then we are in a great position to offer a very good wage whilst allowing players to pursue their own careers and extra money on top of it. Just depends on players lifestyle