The Falkirk FC Thread

Good to have an enjoyable Saturday night, these are very rare and thanks R&M.

Looked a complete different outfit but the expected hairy moments with our defending still evident.

The fast forward play was at times really pleasing and we looked “confident” which we’ve not shown for a long time.

Not going overboard as the opposition was poor, but Mr Dowds take a bow. A vastly improved and terrific performance.

3 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Your player scores a hat trick and getting hounded on here. 

Fans calling him dugshite.

Not just the old bod that need  to look in the mirror.

Just enjoy your win today. Probably won’t happen very often the next few seasons.

Now that’s just a whole bunch of adolescent chuff.  The last sentence was the moment when you just went to pieces. I feel your pain.

I wouldn’t look too much into his interview. He probably is a bit gutted to be back as he was playing great at an Arbroath team who were flying high at the top of the championship. He now finds himself at a lower half league 1 team where employees at the club completely disrespected him. I’m sure Rennie will get him on side and if the performances are there he will feel the love and play with a smile on his face. 

Like others are saying, people are looking far too into that interview.

It might take a couple weeks before Dowds is properly back in the loop. I can't imagine he'll be buzzing to be back but if we can kick on it might get better.

He's gone from playing in a squad which is flying high in the championship and totally exceeding expectations. Squad morale will be high in the sky especially with the likes of Dick Campbell leading the team. 

To coming back to a team who like Dowds said in his interview, has a nervous feel all round. A team who's had folk like arrogant w****r of a man Gary Holt. Who have stated that the likes of Dowds aren't good enough for a side while bringing in Jamie Wilson. 

And everyone can say what they want, Dowds like numerous others weren't good enough last season, and I wasn't overly fussed at him going out on loan considering I thought we would have signed better players. However GH signed dross and Dowds really kicked on at Arbroath and I'm happy he's kicked on. 

If Arbroath want to cough up the money for him this January they can, if not they can sign him in the summer. I'd like to think we could offer more than them though as we're Full time and they're not. Sound x 

37 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Indeed. Gary Holt has done untold damage to our club and I am fucking delighted he is out the door. 

…….and Sheerin’s part in it should not be underestimated. Between the two of them, the damage done within such a short a time frame is quite amazing.

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

in the interview I saw a young player who was not very happy being filmed rather than what others perceived. Some people shine whilst others are a wee bit more timid. Should have his sights higher than Arbroath on today's showing

Really... .check out some of his Arbroath post match interviews and you'll see something totally different  😊

Edited by DUAFC

I thought ONEF was dull and full of negative whingers but tonight is a new low. On a day when we scored 6 (six) goals in a game for the first time in a long period the topic of conversation is whether the hatrick hero wants to be here! Geez a break and try some well needed optimism. Lordy

Great to see all the players also hated Holt the only man I know in Falkirk that didn't was Gary Deans.

Brilliant start back for Dowds and as Rocco's already said considering how we've treated him in his year and a half at our club I'm not surprised he's not over the moon to be back but if he keeps playing and scoring then it'll be a completely different story.

Rennie comes across as someone who's going to try his best not to say a single negative thing about his team in order to try keep them as confident as he can. Talking about how we have excellent players there already but we need a few in to help the excellent players. It's a very officey management way of going about things but having listened to his podcast that was posted on here he did say he uses his experience in business in his footballing management life.

Not getting too carried away as it was Dumbarton, who we've already scudded this season under Sheerin but good to see us finally scoring some goals. A few signings next week to help our excellent players would do nicely.

2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

He said he’s been open and honest since coming back and said he’d be ‘willing to fill in’ if needed. For our sake I wish it was just camera nerves but I'm pretty sure he just doesn’t want to be here and the way he was treated I don’t blame him one bit. 

No camera nerves this is a graduate who had a successful business career. He played for us for 2 years- dont recognise him.- nicest positive boy you could ever meet . He is  clearly so p-ssed off, the interview was also cut short- from last clip.- love to hear what he said at the end!.
As said before bad behaviour is not an isolated event, it tends to be  a series of events. In time there will be more from him- I bet going from no 1/2  striker to no 4 there must  of been some bad sh-t somewhere .Seriously  can anyone really blame him for  wanting to move on?

For those who say, he is paid by us and he needs to deal with it. Don't be naive. He knows he has done enough for his next move upwards , he  only  has 6 months left,.
We at EF always knew  from his successful business life before football he is independently wealthy - if he feels wronged , as I think he does, he will battle it out… he is not your typical footballer!!

Again credit to the man that being so p-ssed off that he does so well.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Indeed. Gary Holt has done untold damage to our club and I am fucking delighted he is out the door. 

42 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…….and Sheerin’s part in it should not be underestimated. Between the two of them, the damage done within such a short a time frame is quite amazing.

Which is why so many of us on here relentlessly banged on for so long arguing that they should be considered a double-act of clowns who should never have been appointed in the first place and deserved to be punted together. Massive kudos to the board for eventually getting that to happen.

Chill oot. Some folk take things awfy serious on here at times.

Talking of being serious. What did you think of the ATS interview on FTV today.
He was a cross between Rev I M Jolly and the guy who found a fiver but lost a tenner.

I think he should earn the nickname “Smiler”

Great to see him score on his debut and he played pretty well into the bargain apart from a slack pass [emoji23]