The Falkirk FC Thread

Coming back, he is surely not so daft as to not recognise the fact that of the Board members and management team, the only faces he would recognise are Ronnie Bateman and Gordon Wright.

He wasn’t wronged by the club, he was wronged by people at the club, and not a single one of them are part of the new set up.

More importantly, where any club sits in any given league is not a permanent state of being. Arbroath have lost their front pairing, and surprise surprise, they draw a blank, and get beat by Ayr. They will slide this season, and they will slide next season too.

If Dowds is genuinely pissed off, he needs to understand what he is pissed off with. If he decides it’s a club crest, then he is making a big mistake.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Rennie clearly sees him in his plans for this season.
Frankly I couldn’t see anything in that Dowds interview that suggested he definitely didn’t want to be here either….

I agree. I think he's just got a serious demeanor, I don't ever remember him being gushing or particularly forthcoming in any interviews previously. Folk looking too much into things I think.

Your player scores a hat trick and getting hounded on here. 

Fans calling him dugshite.

Not just the old bod that need  to look in the mirror.

Just enjoy your win today. Probably won’t happen very often the next few seasons.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Let's not show Arbroath any disrespect BTW folks. They've given us back an improved player and their fans have wished him well.

They also seem like a decent bunch, despite having probably their best season in who knows how long (maybe ever) they're not gloating or trying to act the Billy big baws!

Aye right see post above. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Let's not show Arbroath any disrespect BTW folks. They've given us back an improved player and their fans have wished him well.

They also seem like a decent bunch, despite having probably their best season in who knows how long (maybe ever) they're not gloating or trying to act the Billy big baws!

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Just enjoy your win today. Probably won’t happen very often the next few seasons.

I take that back!

8 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Ok thanks for that. Now cheerio 👋🏻 

A few pages of psychoanalysis is a welcome diversion tbh. 

Its just a stilted interview on our awful youtube channel though, almost all of which are awful and tell us nothing.

As for Dowds, he clearly wants to be a full time footballer, so Arbroath can forget about it. If he does well between now and summer, he will get an offer of FT from us, decent payers. He will also get FT offers from low to mid Chamionship, and if he really tears it up, top Championship too. Its all going to be about money and for that reason, any further talk of  glorious return to help fire Arbroath to glory is simply birthday caird pish. 

I for one would be utterly astonished if we see him back at Gayfield in the short term and certainly won’t be this month. Perhaps if we go up we could maybe offer him a contract (if he was available, still playing well and he wanted to come back) as I would think we would definitely have to go to at least a hybrid part-time/full-time setup. Either that or he decides that he would rather go back to being a part-time player.

That’s all immaterial at the moment though as the simple facts are he’s a Falkirk player, we were lucky to have him on loan and you’re management/board would have to be certifiable to even consider it.

Edited by Tattie36

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Imagine just how clueless you would need to be to rate Jaime Wilson over Anton Dowds btw.

Indeed. Gary Holt has done untold damage to our club and I am fucking delighted he is out the door. 

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

It’s the wording of the interview that struck me most. Things like “Falkirk” instead of us and at the end of the interview he said “all the best”. Probably looking to much info like the rest of us. 

Probably worried he'd say Arbroath accidentally.

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At least with the crowd restrictions it would be just like playing in Arbroath for him the day.

Aw f**k off with that man. I’d rather be in Arbroath’s situation than ours. And crowds mean f**k all it’s points that count.