The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Quite obvious if we want him we will take him in this window or at end of season,

With all due respect I’m sure he loved his spell up there and got some confidence but the guy didn’t leave part time football 18 months ago to go back to it this quickly, he will be setting his sights on a full time club in the leagues above. 

Just watched the interview and the look on his face is he is hurting at the way the club has treated him and understandably so, The last lot have done so much f**king damage to individuals and the club as a whole.

With all due respect I’m sure he loved his spell up there and got some confidence but the guy didn’t leave part time football 18 months ago to go back to it this quickly, he will be setting his sights on a full time club in the leagues above. 
in the interview I saw a young player who was not very happy being filmed rather than what others perceived. Some people shine whilst others are a wee bit more timid. Should have his sights higher than Arbroath on today's showing

4 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

in the interview I saw a young player who was not very happy being filmed rather than what others perceived. Some people shine whilst others are a wee bit more timid. Should have his sights higher than Arbroath on today's showing

He said he’s been open and honest since coming back and said he’d be ‘willing to fill in’ if needed. For our sake I wish it was just camera nerves but I'm pretty sure he just doesn’t want to be here and the way he was treated I don’t blame him one bit. 

Dowds was excellent today and was poorly treated by Sheerin and especially Holt however he should have enough respect for Rennie and Miller to give them an opportunity.

He definitely made a difference today however I believe that nobody is bigger than the club so if he wants to play for Arbroath and they want him enough to pay for him and match his current salary then let him go back to them.

If they don’t want him or don’t have the money to pay for him then people like Craigen and Dowds brother should shut their hole on social media.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

There’s no point going overboard with Dowds interview. Maybe he doesn’t look the happiest but that’s fair enough, he was shafted by the previous management regime for Wilson and Ompreon.

He scored a hat-trick today, enjoy it! As long as he performs for the rest of the season, who cares?

If he goes on a pre-contract then you can thank Sheerin for pissing him off. If he goes this month then we get money for him

Today confirmed he won't be going anywhere till the summer where I would expect him to have a number of offers from full time clubs. He won't be going back to Arbroath any time soon and giving up full time football.  Hopefully between now and then he'll score the goals to get us in the playoffs. Frankly he can look pig sick in every interview if he does the business on the park.

I really think plucky Arbroath's fans need to let go.

Dowds cant lose. He's already made a name for himself in the Championship & now has half a season, at a league below his level, to further cement that reputation. He'll see the season out as a stand-out L1 player or move (to bigger than Arbroath) during this window