The Falkirk FC Thread

Feet on the ground.

Very good going forward but Dumbarton were wide open. Still look short defensively in midfield as well as at the back. 
Promising but let’s not get too carried away. 
One down 17 to go 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Feet on the ground.

Very good going forward but Dumbarton were wide open. Still look short defensively in midfield as well as at the back. 
One down 17 to go 

f**k that mate - I’m getting carried away alright. I’ve had 3 years of hell watching us.

Cove, here we fucking come.

Guest TedCrilly
6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Feet on the ground.

One down 17 to go 

Totally agree. I enjoyed the way the team played and the shape definitely suited our stronger players but Dumbarton were like a pub team in defence. A new centre half and midfielder hopefully are into that side for next week against Airdrie.

Edited by TedCrilly

We aren’t signing Goodwillie it’s time to move on from this toxic debate.

Dowds was excellent today. His all round play of holding the ball up and his distribution were as good as we’ve had for a few seasons. 3 goals makes him our 4th top scorer this season

Dumbarton were rank rotten. They would struggle in league 2 with performances like that.

Our defending is wild at times, just marking a man seems too much for some of them.

ATS did well in his first game considering he’s not played this season.

If we could just go on a run and cement a promotion playoff place then I think Rennie would be a success for this year

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Good fun today but Dumbarton were  spectacularly bad.

Could have been double figures quite easily, Morrison in particular could have had a couple more.

Anybody have any idea what the penalty was given for?

I think it was a sympathy thing.

Thing to bear in mind is that of the 8 goals, only two or three weren’t the result of howlers by us, by them, or by the ref.

Great stuff by Dowds though. Hopefully he can put the utterly woeful man management of Sheerin and Holt behind him. His contribution today went beyond his three goals.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Feet on the ground.

One down 17 to go 

Credit to Dowds though re his professionalism . You have been a big critic coming on our forum saying that “ University Level” is his standard and others have said “dugshite”.

I cant believe he doesn’t want to play in the Championship with Arbroath and with far, far better players, much better manager. One  or two posters here have said his celebrations looked subdued today whereas when he scores he normally goes wild( just look at the Arbroath Instagram to see real happiness and thats how we remember him at EF), so all credit to him .

As i have said before he was outstanding for us scoring in big games against quality opposition in higher leagues and he clearly did that at Arbroath also- so it has only Falkirk that has set him back. 
Really hopes he get his move to fulfill his potential , but well done Rennie for spotting a player .

10 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Credit to Dowds though re his professionalism . You have been a big critic coming on our forum saying that “ University Level” is his standard and others have said “dugshite”.

I cant believe he doesn’t want to play in the Championship with Arbroath and with far, far better players, much better manager. One  or two posters here have said his celebrations looked subdued today whereas when he scores he normally goes wild( just look at the Arbroath Instagram to see real happiness and thats how we remember him at EF), so all credit to him .

As i have said before he was outstanding for us scoring in big games against quality opposition in higher leagues and he clearly did that at Arbroath also- so it has only Falkirk that has set him back. 
Really hopes he get his move to fulfill his potential , but well done Rennie for spotting a player .

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to drink tears from fans of other clubs. Lovely stuff. Thank you Mr. Dowds, Falkirk player. 

Edited by bairn88

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Why the f**k would you want to play for tinpot Arbroath when you can play for Falkirk? 

It isn't difficult, have a wee look at where Arbroath are and where Falkirk are.

Edited by keptie

Antons not going to shag you m8.

37 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

I don’t really disagree with any of what you say but the reality was and is that Anton was not playing well, and hasn’t really stood out at any point at his time at Falkirk. The whole point of a loan is that the player can develop and in exceptional circumstances deliver for the parent club. Let’s not pretend he was doing well for us at the start of the season. I understand you (and the player) will be disappointed, but it’s not like he was picked on for the sake of it. 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Cough

Stand by it

The change in style of play - getting the ball forward quicker, getting on the front foot, prioritise going forward over possession mattered a lot more than Dowds. As if we played the way we have all season he’d have had 1 or 2 chances at best.