The Falkirk FC Thread

Much better from us today (with the caveat that Dumbarton are very poor).

Obviously Dowds MotM- as well as his goals, I was really impressed with  his general hold up play and running. He offered much more in that sense than Keena or Ruth have all season.

I thought Telfer looked much better further forward- if Nesbitt needs dropped to facilitate him playing there, so be it for me.

We do definitely need improvements in defence though.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

To be honest I thought he looked a bit gutted to be there (could be wrong mind), and I can completely understand that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he still ends up Arbroath. 

You might be right but his application was perfect today and I suppose that's all we can ask for. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Spoke with Jamie Swinney pre match. Said when he spoke to Rennie yesterday there was no mention of Goodwillie.

Let’s be honest, he’s hardly going to tell you we’re signing him so you can post online that he confirmed it. 

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Imagine just how clueless you would need to be to rate Jaime Wilson over Anton Dowds btw.

I posted a couple of months ago at how clueless Sheerin was because Dowds was clearly the only contracted player we have that could play the one man up top effectively 

Thought we looked better everywhere today Taylor-Sinclair had a good debut and we could've scored more. Ref was terrible, missed their keeper saving outside the box, Buchanan could've been off and the penalty was a terrible decision.  Next week is massive but we should be far more confident than we would've be 2 weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, Rocco said:

If he’s not in the squad for any other reason then I’d assume it’s went beyond talks

Carrying a knee injury. He has missed our last three but was sitting with the rest of our subs and non-matchday squad.