The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, some_guy said:

Until we either sign him or there is something made public that says it won't happen, can we not just stick this DG rumour into the trebuchet and shut the f**k up about it!  We've all made our opinions clear on here already, there's absolutely no reason to keep regurgitating the same crap over and over again! 

There's a game tomorrow and the talk of our team being a pretty make shift squad flung together with anyone that doesn't have the 'rona, nobody fancy speculating and discussing that instead? 

I genuinely fear that the only fit keeper is Holts laddie and I'm worried that we may have to flung some youngsters in at the deep end which could dent their confidence and progress if it doesn't go well, any thoughts?

Why would a football club release a statement saying they’re not trying to sign someone? 

Guest Ecosse83
33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why would a football club release a statement saying they’re not trying to sign someone? 

My thoughts exactly. The club can’t react to everything that is talked about on a football forum. Let’s be honest when the signing doesn’t happen there will be something new to moan at on here. It’s actually worse than Onef now! 

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This isn't difficult - 

A quick manager interview like the KM pre-match one where he's asked how January recruitment has gone so far and one question pointedly about the DG speculation.

All Rennie then has to say is he's a Clyde player and not one of our targets we're pursuing.

Rumours ended dead.

Edited by Blame Me

Seriously, if you don’t believe the club is pursuing DG then what on earth do you think that statement meant the other day? The club are pursuing him! We may end up not signing him but it’s plainly obvious they’re trying 

19 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

My thoughts exactly. The club can’t react to everything that is talked about on a football forum. Let’s be honest when the signing doesn’t happen there will be something new to moan at on here. It’s actually worse than Onef now! 

Again with this equating the possible signing of that player with any other normal signing/club decision.

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It started in a national newspaper and has then been discussed on this forum. 

I think I've heard it all in last 8-12 hours on here:

* Supporters societies shouldn't canvas their members

* Forums posters shouldn't discuss speculation or give opinions

Mentioned it pages back but until communication, of any sort, from the club improves dramatically then rumour and speculation will always fill the void.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

This isn't difficult - 

A quick manager interview like the KM pre-match one where he's asked how January recruitment has gone so far and one question pointedly about the DG speculation.

All Rennie then has to say is he's a Clyde player and not one of our targets we're pursuing.

Rumours ended dead.

You can’t just ask your manager about every player mentioned in speculation on a football forum. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Again with this equating the possible signing of that player with any other normal signing/club decision.

Personally I don’t think the club should be releasing statements about other clubs players just to appease 30 fans on a football forum, very unprofessional and would make us look silly.

Just my opinion though. At the end of the day I don’t want to constantly read about it so I’ll simply take myself off here until it dies down. 

Hopefully a nice 3 points today to discuss later though 👏

Honestly, when are you and the others saying the same going to understand that the implications of signing this player is somewhat different from signing Joe Bloggs?
They absolutely should be quashing these ‘rumours’ and they don’t even need to mention DGW by name to do so….

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Imagine sitting in hospitality and that c**t DG swanning around the tables after the game. Schmoozing with sponsors, partners, wives, daughters etc. Gives me the absolute heave. Especially after a few drinks he'd be lucky not face any sort of shade never mind a dig. What an awful atmosphere that would bring for people who have spent a lot of money on the day. 

In a typical football hospitality setting you'd need to get past the gangsters and conmen before you get anywhere near the sex offenders.

KM in the falkirk herald:

“In front of goal the stats are dreadful and embarrassing for a club of our size - we’ve worked on how we can improve that quickly”

Good to see some direct language being used by someone in the club 

Edited by bairn88

27 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

This isn't difficult - 

Rumours ended dead.

And if we are interested in him, then the question will be bodyswerved. Ramping up the speculation. I don't think any manager (or BOD) talks publicly about signing targets until a deal is over the line. 

Pure speculation on my part here, but the fact that the rumour hasn't been quashed suggests there's something in it. So depending on how long negotiations take to either conclude or collapse, it could be weeks before you get an answer.

Demanding a quicker answer won't change anything. 

32 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

And if we are interested in him, then the question will be bodyswerved. Ramping up the speculation. I don't think any manager (or BOD) talks publicly about signing targets until a deal is over the line. 

Pure speculation on my part here, but the fact that the rumour hasn't been quashed suggests there's something in it. So depending on how long negotiations take to either conclude or collapse, it could be weeks before you get an answer.

Demanding a quicker answer won't change anything. 

Publicly addressing it would signal he's not a target.

Falkirk TV won't do "cold" interviews so what is or isn't said can be agreed before recording.

As it is, the conclusion is he very much is a target. 

When should fans - ordinary or FSS members - make their views known in your view.

Perhaps we wait until he's paraded with the scarf at the stadium 🙄

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Publicly addressing it would signal he's not a target.

Falkirk TV won't do "cold" interviews so what is or isn't said can be agreed before recording.

As it is, the conclusion is he very much is a target. 

When should fans - ordinary or FSS members - make their views known in your view.

Perhaps we wait until he's paraded with the scarf at the stadium 🙄

I know the guy spends a lot of time on our forum talking about ICT players but parading him at the stadium is a bit much.

Miller's piece in the herald talking about how targets are close and identifying Telfer needs to be running things in the middle of the park is promising. Although he did mention that we're going to need Wilson & Dowds hopefully that was just him looking for squad unity as we can't be relying on Wilson.