The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Somewhat off topic but, I've heard tonight KM may be signing on as a player coach in the very near future. 

I should think so too. Even if we were only to get 60 mins out of him each week, he’d still be a substantially better option than any of the dross we currently have at the Club.

18 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Somewhat off topic but, I've heard tonight KM may be signing on as a player coach in the very near future. 

Fingers crossed. Not just for the goals scored sake but so we don’t need to hear “Get the boots on Kenny” shouts constantly like we had at the Clyde game. 

24 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I am not itk, but I’m guessing that’s what the club’s doing with the KM interview - they put out a tiny snippet today and said “tune in pre match for the full interview”. Wee tease? Maybe he’s in the squad tomorrow

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I am not itk, but I’m guessing that’s what the club’s doing with the KM interview - they put out a tiny snippet today and said “tune in pre match for the full interview”. Wee tease? Maybe he’s in the squad tomorrow

I was thinking that myself and hoping there was some signing news, why else would they only release a small part of the interview when every other interview is in full

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s a supporters trust that are canvassing the members/fans, not the club BOD.

I think you’ve highlighted the main issue here.  Who do the supporters trust think they are?

As a body FSS have no right to canvas their members ( a subset of Falkirk fans) on a public forum and then present results to the BOD. The FSS have representation on the BOD - and they should carry out that role without the need for a public advisory poll. 

This very act will lead to the downfall of our club. (The topic under discussion is irrelevant).

6 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

I think you’ve highlighted the main issue here.  Who do the supporters trust think they are?

As a body FSS have no right to canvas their members ( a subset of Falkirk fans) on a public forum and then present results to the BOD. The FSS have representation on the BOD - and they should carry out that role without the need for a public advisory poll. 

This very act will lead to the downfall of our club. (The topic under discussion is irrelevant).

is this satire? Am I being wooshed?

3 hours ago, Russ said:

It’s no tapping up if it’s agreed by both clubs for the personal terms to be agreed first before the clubs agree on a fee.

With the Dan James transfer to Leeds that was mentioned he was at Elland Road on deadline day had his Leeds contract agreed, sways number picked out and had already taken the customary new signing pictures. But then Swansea stopped answering the phone to Leeds meaning they couldn’t agree a transfer fee and deal didn’t go through. I know that’s f**k all to do with Falkirk but just proof that this does happen fairly often in football.

Not quite.

There was no tapping up. The deal, which was a loan with an option to buy, had been agreed by Swansea's American owners but the deal needed the Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins to sign off on it. Jenkins was at home and refused to answer the phone as he was against the deal They ran out of time and it didn't go through. You can watch it all play out on Take Us Home on Amazon Prime.   

Jenkins was basically forced to leave his position by the Americans 2 days later. 

5 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

... The FSS have representation on the BOD - and they should carry out that role without the need for a public advisory poll....

How exactly does the supporters society appointees carry out their role representing their membership if they don't ask them for their views?

Why shouldn’t a fans body, representing fans on the board, canvas their members views on a sensitive issue? And why would it lead to the downfall of the club?
The only sort of thing that may do that would be an immoral signing surely?…

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Scunnered with all this DG shit, I’ve emailed the board and put my vote to the FSS poll. Many have made their feelings known on here and to the club. Honestly don’t see the point in folk going on about something that might never happen. Going to give P&B the swerve for a wee while until the transfer window is shut.

I agree with you, but all of this could be quashed by this time tomorrow if someone asks Rennie if we are in for him and he categorically says no. I really hope this is what happens. If not, the longer the silence continues, the worse it will get unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

If we’re in such a state that we resort to playing Kenny Miller then we’ll be relegated.

3 hours ago, StuartA said:

Just to clear up a couple of points. 

First, the club did not/not ask us to conduct the poll. An increasing number of members asked us to remonstrate about the rumoured signing. Had we done so, it would have been based only on the views expressed, which were all in opposition. If we’d done nothing, then members would ask (and were asking) what's the point of a fans’ organisation like this if it can't even present views. 

Second, FSS no inside info on whether or not it was considered.  We wouldn't expect to as it's confidential information. 

It's annoyed a few folk, which is understandable and we respect the views of those who disagree.  But at the heart of it, all we've done is seek views from members so we can inform our directors. It's up the them what they do with the information, bearing in mind their duty to act independently. It's an uncomfortable thing to do and I can't see us doing anything similar for a long time. 

100% agree with you Bert.  Dammed if you do, damned if you don't. 

In all my years of watching the Bairns, this is the only time I could envisage myself walking away from the club.  Under no circumstances could I watch that play in a Falkirk shirt.

6 hours ago, Broken Bairn said:

"clarity on player recruitment"

Eh no BPM- If we had this from the club we could have saved the last 40 pages!! They only had to say we have not and will not be signing DG.

You are clearly not understanding what I meant. Clarity on player recruitment is we know who is bringing in the players now.

What you are asking for is different. IMO we should not comment on any potential signings until they sign. Not the manager and certainly not the Board 

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think he means that Holt isn’t involved.
However I agree with you and have stated several times the board should put this one to bed as it’s NOT a standard no comment situation, and even if we don’t sign him now many will believe we were seriously interested which will do the clubs reputation no good…

I don’t agree. But it is about opinions and we are both entitled to our own. 

If we’re in such a state that we resort to playing Kenny Miller then we’ll be relegated.

If we go down it’s definitely more to do with the summer recruitment and having to play absolute junk like Hall, McKay and Hetherington rather than playing Kenny Miller.

Imagine sitting in hospitality and that c**t DG swanning around the tables after the game. Schmoozing with sponsors, partners, wives, daughters etc. Gives me the absolute heave. Especially after a few drinks he'd be lucky not face any sort of shade never mind a dig. What an awful atmosphere that would bring for people who have spent a lot of money on the day.