The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm well aware of that, but as I say there's still another lassie involved that whether she told lies or not still probably maintains her stance.

Just reading up on it and it’s totally different. DG’s claim was on her being too drunk to consent as was backed by other witnesses and her own testimony.

McKenna won a settlement for a false accusation claim. Apparently the girl had asked for his number a week after the incident too.

Anyway I get your point but details, evidence and results are different so it’s not the same to me. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

For what? Choosing not to believe an unsubstantiated rumour posted on a football forum? 🤣 🤣🤣 You'll be waiting a while.

I was more referring to you calling me deluded because you have no idea how deals are done in football.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Heady days when you're relying on CLyde of all clubs to try and prevent your own clubs moral compass being smashed into a million irreparable pieces

Aye, best hope is that the results of the vote causes them to quietly back away, but the use of the vote to actually justify the signing and deflect from the fact that it would be 100% the boards choice to ignore any semblance of common decency would be utterly vomit inducing. 

Had to take one step back from the hideous events of today. We need the BOD to clarify WTF is going on.

We’ve got discussions ongoing about the vote - FCKN really - get a grip. Have the club censored the associated FSS to conduct a poll on this piece of shite? 

New BOD, Patrons if you have any real care for our club get this put to bed. 

I’ve just seen the email from FSS about a vote that must have arrived earlier today.

I won’t be answering the question posed, but I will be giving FSS my views in the part for comments.

Not impressed what so ever, if we are going to be receiving emails of this nature on every second matter.

Edited by NUMBER 7

If there's any truth in the rumour we've already bid for DGW then the new fan ownership model has already failed imo.  Taking a decision that would cause life long fans to never return would be unforgiveable.  

Taking a decision to employ DGW ahead of common decency really would be a new low.  If we can't win games without signing him then just shut the place down.  Anyone at board level even remotely considering this should be ashamed of themselves.  I'd rather have Taylor Morgan back to lead the attack and I'm not even joking.  

I honestly can't yet believe the new guys would be so stupid and am holding onto that hope but if it weren't true then why has no-one shut this down?  I don't buy that no-one in the FSS or Patrons group knows the truth other than the 6 on the board.    If I were a patron I'd be f*cking livid that my £10k could be spent on this and would be demanding answers from the elected reps.  

If FSS truly want to represent fans then they don't need to rely on a poll.  The depth of feeling here doesn't need 'validated' it's black and white to the extent that its offensive to think the answer could be anything other than a flat no.  Have both FSS and The Patrons elected board reps with such low moral compass that they would even consider signing him?  Astonishing if true.  

8 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I’ve just seen the email from FFS about a vote that must have arrived earlier today.

I won’t be answering the question posed, but I will be giving FFS my views in the part for comments.

Not impressed what so ever, if we are going to be receiving emails of this nature on every second matter.

FFS, has there ever been a more appropriate acronym?

1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Don’t the patron directors report back to the rest of the group, either formally or informally

There was a meeting planned just before Christmas but was cancelled because of the restrictions. 
I didn’t join, like most I suspect, to get lots of inside info as to what is going on. We elected Keith Gourlay and Kenny Jamieson to represent us. I am happy for them to get on with it and liase with us with the content they feel is appropriate at a time they deem correct. So far I am pleased with the progress. 

Old coaching team gone, new one in, clarity on player recruitment with Holt on his way and a statement that clearly states they are going to try to clear up the mess in terms of culture and professionalism that was left behind by countless previous regimes. 

27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I was more referring to you calling me deluded because you have no idea how deals are done in football.

No. I've every idea of how deals can be done. I simply choose not to believe that this particular deal is being done in the manner you describe. Really not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If I were a patron I'd be f*cking livid that my £10k could be spent on this and would be demanding answers from the elected reps.  

Maybe they’re for the signing or if not, they aren’t of the opinion that they’d walk away from the club if it happened.