The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I know for certain a bid was made and also Clyde knocked it back - straight from the horses mouth ! 

At Clyde or Falkirk? 

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You stated that personal terms had been agreed. Again, how do you know this to be the case? 

The poster you quoted has claimed inside information in relation to various transfers. Most of it has turned out to be total nonsense.

There's clearly a desire on the part of the club to bring him in, that's now crystal clear. That's still a hell of a long way from the scenario that you have outlined.

I have been told by a reliable source. That’s usually how transfers work btw. Club aka for permission to speak to player, club get permission, they speak to said player and agree terms, club then make an offer to players current club. That’s exactly what’s happened with Kieran Trippier. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If we lose tomorrow the spectre of relegation gets even closer and very, very real.

We are an absolute shambles of a club in every fucking department.

I can see the management and board getting more desperate and actually signing Goodwillie.

These are my darkest days as a Falkirk supporter.

I have no idea what Rennie and Miller were doing joining us.

You say that with a sympathetic tone towards Rennie and Miller but if Goodwillie signs it is because THEY want him also.

This is being grossly forgotten. The board do not pick the squad.

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s not up to the FSS to give people a backbone. If you can’t vote based on the courage of your convictions then don’t vote. 

im not saying the results of who voted for what should be public, though I also personally wouldn’t have a problem with it, it if they used email and only the office bearers saw who had voted for what it would be more secure and I can’t see the issue with that. 

I wouldn’t be unhappy at making my own personal vote public either however that’s not the point, any poll should absolutely be anonymous for the reasons I’ve already stated with every paying member having the right to vote unhindered whether they have a “backbone” or not. 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The statement the other day said "Unpopular decisions will have to be made" it could by part time football, it could be the cost of the pies going up, gate price going up could be changing the away strip to pink and blue for all we know so can we calm down with the knicker wetting and accept that there is nothing to the DG story.

Did you actually read the full statement? The part referring to making “unpopular decisions” is in the same bit that they talk about in the short term backing Martin and Kenny. That part was in no way referring to going part time. 

I suggest you go back and read the whole thing again. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy at making my own personal vote public either however that’s not the point, any poll should absolutely be anonymous for the reasons I’ve already stated with every paying member having the right to vote unhindered whether they have a “backbone” or not. 

Well we can respectfully agree to disagree, all about opinions. 

Just now, Rocco said:

I have been told by a reliable source. That’s usually how transfers work btw. Club aka for permission to speak to player, club get permission, they speak to said player and agree terms, club then make an offer to players current club. That’s exactly what’s happened with Kieran Trippier. 

Erm, no. The club will only grant permission to a player to speak to another club when an offer has been accepted. The scenario you've described means that, on top of signing a rapist, we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to another tapping up charge for doing so. And if that came to pass, it really would be time to shut the doors. 

For the folk insinuating anything else, aye, Rennie and Miller can get to f**k if they sign Goodwillie. They are temporary holders of responsible posts and the signing of Goodwillie would cause damage to our reputation, potentially beyond both of their times at the club. Signing a 33 year old rapist also wouldn't say much for their transfer market nous, if a player who carries this much baggage is the only fucking striker they can think of.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Erm, no. The club will only grant permission to a player to speak to another club when an offer has been accepted. The scenario you've described means that, on top of signing a rapist, we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to another tapping up charge for doing so. And if that came to pass, it really would be time to shut the doors. 

Are you actually kidding? Players meet clubs all the time before a fee has been agreed and is usually approved by the players current club. I even gave the example above of Trippier and have said that the club would have had to ask Clyde for permission, which I’ve been told both Falkirk and Raith did.

19 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I know for certain a bid was made and also Clyde knocked it back - straight from the horses mouth ! 

If FFS are going about leaking like sieve who they are going after then the whole HR team need sacked.

Clyde rightly should be raging at this disrespect and would not blame them in telling Falkirk to F off.

This is not the way to conduct business. You lose credibility and goodwill in any further dealings with clubs knowing our mob are going to blab about it. Can you image how we would feel if it was the other way round ?

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

FSS have members on the board. I’m pretty sure the committee will have a slight idea if there’s any truth to the rumours.

Exactly. If we weren’t interested then there’d be zero point putting out a poll to further fuel the flames on here particularly when it was just dying down.

I was already pretty certain there was a lot of truth in us considering him and this just underlines it.

if we have  made an offer then the horse has already bolted. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

For the folk insinuating anything else, aye, Rennie and Miller can get to f**k if they sign Goodwillie. They are temporary holders of responsible posts and the signing of Goodwillie would cause damage to our reputation, potentially beyond both of their times at the club. Signing a 33 year old rapist also wouldn't say much for their transfer market nous, if a player who carries this much baggage is the only fucking striker they can think of.

People keep saying this but seriously get real. The guy is easily the best striker we could possibly sign. I’m not saying we should sign him, but people acting like there are strikers out there who we can sign that are as good as Goodwillie are seriously deluded

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Are you actually kidding? Players meet clubs all the time before a fee has been agreed and is usually approved by the players current club. I even gave the example above of Trippier and have said that the club would have had to ask Clyde for permission, which I’ve been told both Falkirk and Raith did.

Why would Clyde provide permission for their best player to go off and talk to other clubs without any guarantee that these clubs will make an offer that they deem acceptable? Whatever you've been told, it's a lot of bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

People keep saying this but seriously get real. The guy is easily the best striker we could possibly sign. I’m not saying we should sign him, but people acting like there are strikers out there who we can sign that are as good as Goodwillie are seriously deluded

Believe it or not, we're not the only club at Championship/League One level who has needed a striker who can score goals since his ruling in 2017, but no one else has gone near him for obvious reasons. So why do we have to be the ones to sign him? What makes our situation so special? 

Edit to add: I appreciate you are not saying we should sign him, but his footballing ability doesn't even come into the question here for me.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It wouldn’t be Rennie and Miller to blame. Their sole purpose is to put out a winning team and as Miller knows DG. The board has to be the one who considers the impact to the support with such an issue. 

I understand the board have to give the management team support and sympathise with their predicament as to the job they’ve been handed and the state of the club they inherited but it would be a wrong call for me if we were to sign him. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts