The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No search. The last time I was on it was in July so it took me straight there.

FFS Kelly was barely average for us, and ATS is not much better. FFS, again.

To be fair though, Kelly looks far clumsier than ATS and about 10x more unfit. He's just really average and I imagine he'll be the type of player to just blend into his surroundings. 

His most notable game for us was probably the 1-1 draw away at Hibs where he scored, the type of goal he scored will probably give you an insight into the type of player he is. Second highlight in there 0:16 in shows a bit of the quality he can show but it's too infrequent that he does something that's actually exciting. I'd actually forgot he gave away a penalty in this game as well but there wasn't much he could've done about it. He fucked up for Hibs' goal though on 2:50 which probably can give you an idea of the issues he has.

In other news, I'm sure Dolly Menga is still without a club somewhere :D 

Edited by ATLIS

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That's mental, looked it up and he scored 3 in 15 at Tianjin Songjian in 15/16 on a permanent deal then zero appearances on loan at Inner Mongolia Zhongyou FC in 2016. 

When JET left us he had a big 10k+ p/w deal lined up in China as well and gave us his word he wouldn't sign for another Scottish club without us getting a fee (even though he wasn't even under contract for whatever reason?) and I think he realised staying in the UK close to family during a pandemic was worth taking the drop to whatever Aberdeen would offer him. We somehow managed to negotiate that fee down to getting Bruce Anderson for free which is a bit weird considering we were technically due nothing and Aberdeen were due compensation on Bruce

Some of the wages were scandalous. I remember being at a Beijing Guoan - Shanghai Shenhua game when Tevez was on about 500k a week. I’ve never seen a player at any level look so disinterested in a game. The league has pretty much collapsed now, all the big talent has left as their are big restrictions on wages, and only a limited number of fans have been allowed since covid started 

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Especially if you don't have the strength of your convictions.

Every individual is different, some are more reserved than others hence the reason most elections/polls/referendums ect are anonymous. If the FSS are going to canvas members in this manner they need to make it as easy as possible for people to cast they’re vote without any external influences or pressures, some more inward individuals/personalities need that and the democratic thing to do would be to cater to all manner of people, personalities and opinions within the membership. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Some of the wages were scandalous. I remember being at a Beijing Guoan - Shanghai Shenhua game when Tevez was on about 500k a week. I’ve never seen a player at any level look so disinterested in a game. The league has pretty much collapsed now, all the big talent has left as their are big restrictions on wages, and only a limited number of fans have been allowed since covid started 

To be fair it could only be allowed to go on for so long, the wages were utterly ridiculous. I wouldn't blame any player for going and taking that kind of money though as it's a healthy lump sum to never work again once you retire. Wasn't there rules about having to start a certain number of Chinese players as well? They let it run unchallenged for a while and then started adding rules making it harder and harder to get players to come over and play

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Every individual is different, some are more reserved than others hence the reason most elections/polls/referendums ect are anonymous. If the FSS are going to canvas members in this manner they need to make it as easy as possible for people to cast there vote without any external influences or pressures, some more inward individuals/personalities need that and the democratic thing to do is cater to all manner of people, personalities and opinions. 

That's what I said.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair it could only be allowed to go on for so long, the wages were utterly ridiculous. I wouldn't blame any player for going and taking that kind of money though as it's a healthy lump sum to never work again once you retire. Wasn't there rules about having to start a certain number of Chinese players as well? They let it run unchallenged for a while and then started adding rules making it harder and harder to get players to come over and play

If I’m not wrong you could only sign 3 or 4 foreigners per team, and the goalkeeper has to be a Chinese player. I guess that’s why no keepers were ever linked with moves their. I’m the same, if you can get a big deal bite their hand off. You were seeing pretty average players getting millions per year, it would be hard to turn it down unless you didn’t want to move your family over there. I believe Odion Ighalo was on over 300 grand a week when he was there, I’d sell my soul for that amount of money!

The fact we’ve made a bid for Goodwillie and the FSS have put out a poll would lead me to believe that it’s happening. I very much doubt they’d have met with the player, agreed terms and put a bid in if they weren’t serious. Either the FSS reps are against it or this pole is an indicator to see what levels of abuse they will receive. 

The statement the other day confirmed they plan to bring him in.

31 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair though, Kelly looks far clumsier than ATS and about 10x more unfit. He's just really average and I imagine he'll be the type of player to just blend into his surroundings. 

His most notable game for us was probably the 1-1 draw away at Hibs where he scored, the type of goal he scored will probably give you an insight into the type of player he is. Second highlight in there 0:16 in shows a bit of the quality he can show but it's too infrequent that he does something that's actually exciting. I'd actually forgot he gave away a penalty in this game as well but there wasn't much he could've done about it. He fucked up for Hibs' goal though on 2:50 which probably can give you an idea of the issues he has.

In other news, I'm sure Dolly Menga is still without a club somewhere :D 

If you think that's a bad mistake you should see what Brad Mckay produces week in week out. He's misread the bounce of the ball and yes he should have got something on it but it's nowhere near as major as you've made it.

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The fact we’ve made a bid for Goodwillie and the FSS have put out a poll would lead me to believe that it’s happening. I very much doubt they’d have met with the player, agreed terms and put a bid in if they weren’t serious.

How exactly do you know that any of this has happened?

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

My thoughts exactly! Glad there is a better understanding on here although it is worrying if that FB page is an accurate reflection of the overall fan base, at the end of the day it’s those fans the FSS need to engage if it’s going to meet its subscription targets needed to purchase the 25% shareholding the society are hoping for. 

There’s no doubt the Facebook page is reflective of the majority of our support . Like every other club the punters make up most of the fans , fitba although we all love it is just a step up from the dugs . A recent example is the Dundee players who made sure there are four booked in a match so they could all take a skin from the bookie. That’s the premier league as well so let’s no delude ourselves we are some sort of boys brigade club. 

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

How exactly do you know that any of this has happened?

I’ve been told he has spoken to both Falkirk and Raith. I had heard we had made a bid and @sick boy confirmed that he has heard Clyde rejected it

37 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Every individual is different, some are more reserved than others hence the reason most elections/polls/referendums ect are anonymous. If the FSS are going to canvas members in this manner they need to make it as easy as possible for people to cast they’re vote without any external influences or pressures, some more inward individuals/personalities need that and the democratic thing to do would be to cater to all manner of people, personalities and opinions within the membership. 

It’s not up to the FSS to give people a backbone. If you can’t vote based on the courage of your convictions then don’t vote. 

im not saying the results of who voted for what should be public, though I also personally wouldn’t have a problem with it, it if they used email and only the office bearers saw who had voted for what it would be more secure and I can’t see the issue with that. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’ve been told he has spoken to both Falkirk and Raith. I had heard we had made a bid and @sick boy confirmed that he has heard Clyde rejected it

You stated that personal terms had been agreed. Again, how do you know this to be the case? 

The poster you quoted has claimed inside information in relation to various transfers. Most of it has turned out to be total nonsense.

There's clearly a desire on the part of the club to bring him in, that's now crystal clear. That's still a hell of a long way from the scenario that you have outlined.

18 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The fact we’ve made a bid for Goodwillie and the FSS have put out a poll would lead me to believe that it’s happening. I very much doubt they’d have met with the player, agreed terms and put a bid in if they weren’t serious. Either the FSS reps are against it or this pole is an indicator to see what levels of abuse they will receive. 

The statement the other day confirmed they plan to bring him in.

Is there any ACTUAL confirmation of this anywhere or we still doing the hearsay, rumour and speculation and if money is as tight as it is why in the name o the wee man would were pay a fee for a player that' is going to divide support and upset a sh*t load of people.

The statement the other day said "Unpopular decisions will have to be made" it could by part time football, it could be the cost of the pies going up, gate price going up could be changing the away strip to pink and blue for all we know so can we calm down with the knicker wetting and accept that there is nothing to the DG story.

like I say why would we spend money we don't have on a player that we know won't be accepted by the support he could turn out to be another Ken Eadie great record moves to us and goals dry up.