The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairns said:

By the way you slandered our relatively successful Falkirk Women’s team I should have known you were an idiot. 1) If we were gonna go in for him ofc we are bidding money Clyde don’t hand him to us for free u swampy 2) fat enough to be one of the best strikers outside the prem 3) doubt falkirk are interested in a settled case that happened years ago, they want out the lower leagues asap so idiots  like you stop complaining

Slandered our women’s team? English comprehension must not be your strong point. 

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairns said:

doubt falkirk are interested in a settled case that happened years ago, they want out the lower leagues asap so idiots  like you stop complaining

Would prefer to go Junior than sign a rapist. And why should fans not complain?

11 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

And also wouldnt be anonymous.

Why did it have to be anonymous to the adjudicators if ran in this manner?

The FSS know who their members are so what does it matter if all they end up doing is reporting the result.

On 06/01/2022 at 15:04, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy had a lot of promise when he was younger, 8 years at Chelsea and then a bad injury. When we got him on loan Aldershot fans were telling me he had ripped it up down there second half of the season and there were L1 clubs wanting him including Bolton. Think the JET (Jay Emmanuel Thomas) told him to go to Livi, understand he’s on a very good contract there (Livingston standards) so we will see what happens when he goes back. We won a watch with him though he’s been ridiculously good 

He seems to have something extra about him, the difference between him and Panayiotou seems like it'll be huge. He's away back to Aldershot after about 4 games. I can't imagine we've gave him a big deal at all, certainly wont be one of our biggest earners (I'd imagine £700-1k at most). It was JET that told him to come to us, he played with Nouble's big brother Frank at one point, that'll be the reason he ended up coming to us but I can't imagine we've competed with Bolton. We try to sell the club to players by telling them it's a platform to get yourself a big move so could be the best place for him

13 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Not 100% of course but have heard he is starting, the DGW is 100% true though, as is the 11 out with covid.

Why the hell are we playing the fecking game then. Sheer stupidity if we have that many players out and only had one keeper. Aye let's bring a keeper in on loan so we have to play or is it just one goalie you need which would perhaps explain it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don’t see the necessity for it to be anonymous to be honest. 

I think the option of anonymity makes sense, some people may be swayed or influenced in how to vote based on public perception, it’s good they can vote privately on whatever issue and in turn vote in a way that properly reflects they’re own person view. 

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He seems to have something extra about him, the difference between him and Panayiotou seems like it'll be huge. He's away back to Aldershot after about 4 games. I can't imagine we've gave him a big deal at all, certainly wont be one of our biggest earners (I'd imagine £700-1k at most). It was JET that told him to come to us, he played with Nouble's big brother Frank at one point, that'll be the reason he ended up coming to us but I can't imagine we've competed with Bolton. We try to sell the club to players by telling them it's a platform to get yourself a big move so could be the best place for him

I was in the Livingston thread by accident (honestly) earlier on, and stumbled upon a post I think made by your good self back in July.

In it you said that AT_S was "rubbish as a full back, and worse as a centre half" or words to that effect.

Can you confirm this is true of our new signing, just to, you know, cheer us up a bit in here?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why the hell are we playing the fecking game then. Sheer stupidity if we have that many players out and only had one keeper. Aye let's bring a keeper in on loan so we have to play or is it just one goalie you need which would perhaps explain it.

Think some of the 11 may be the young boys. Young goalies in to sit on bench, not sure why we don't have any younger goalies who could fill that out though.

If we have 11 fit players including at least 1 keeper then I’m sure we need to play the game.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Bit of a random one, but I met Frank Nouble a few years ago while living in China. We’d taken a weekend trip from Beijing to Inner Mongolia, and he was the only other foreigner we bumped into there. Had a couple of drinks with him and he was a nice guy. I believe he was on loan there from another team in China 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was in the Livingston thread by accident (honestly) earlier on, and stumbled upon a post I think made by your good self back in July.

In it you said that AT_S was "rubbish as a full back, and worse as a centre half" or words to that effect.

Can you confirm this is true of our new signing, just to, you know, cheer us up a bit in here?

I sometimes end up a bit back in time using the search tool as well :D Whenever I post here I have to check it's somewhat recent since even a few days will take you 6 or 7 pages back.

I'd still agree with what I said but I was meaning that at Premiership level. I wouldn't touch him at CB even at this level as he can be really clumsy there and isn't the best on the ball. If he gets a chance to properly play as a wingback he'll be good at this level I reckon. I'd probably compare his level to Sean Kelly, they seem very similar in terms of actual ability and same position (and we've tried both at CB to horrible results). He could maybe be a little bit better than Kelly but that's essentially who we signed to replace ATS as about 5th choice LB and 6th choice CB :D 

Overall takeaway, he should be consistent enough to get you through this league at LB without much issues. Will not stand out whatsoever though so you'll need actual quality beyond him 'doing a job' at LB

If we lose tomorrow the spectre of relegation gets even closer and very, very real.

We are an absolute shambles of a club in every fucking department.

I can see the management and board getting more desperate and actually signing Goodwillie.

These are my darkest days as a Falkirk supporter.

I have no idea what Rennie and Miller were doing joining us.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think the option of anonymity makes sense, some people may be swayed or influenced in how to vote based on public perception, it’s good they can vote privately on whatever issue and in turn vote in a way that properly reflects they’re own person view. 

Especially if you don't have the strength of your convictions.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I sometimes end up a bit back in time using the search tool as well :D Whenever I post here I have to check it's somewhat recent since even a few days will take you 6 or 7 pages back.

I'd still agree with what I said but I was meaning that at Premiership level. I wouldn't touch him at CB even at this level as he can be really clumsy there and isn't the best on the ball. If he gets a chance to properly play as a wingback he'll be good at this level I reckon. I'd probably compare his level to Sean Kelly, they seem very similar in terms of actual ability and same position (and we've tried both at CB to horrible results). He could maybe be a little bit better than Kelly but that's essentially who we signed to replace ATS as about 5th choice LB and 6th choice CB :D 

Overall takeaway, he should be consistent enough to get you through this league at LB without much issues. Will not stand out whatsoever though so you'll need actual quality beyond him 'doing a job' at LB

No search. The last time I was on it was in July so it took me straight there.

FFS Kelly was barely average for us, and ATS is not much better. FFS, again.

1 minute ago, ClathyDave said:

Bit of a random one, but I met Frank Nouble a few years ago while living in China. We’d taken a weekend trip from Beijing to Inner Mongolia, and he was the only other foreigner we bumped into there. Had a couple of drinks with him and he was a nice guy. I believe he was on loan there from another team in China 

That's mental, looked it up and he scored 3 in 15 at Tianjin Songjian in 15/16 on a permanent deal then zero appearances on loan at Inner Mongolia Zhongyou FC in 2016. 

When JET left us he had a big 10k+ p/w deal lined up in China as well and gave us his word he wouldn't sign for another Scottish club without us getting a fee (even though he wasn't even under contract for whatever reason?) and I think he realised staying in the UK close to family during a pandemic was worth taking the drop to whatever Aberdeen would offer him. We somehow managed to negotiate that fee down to getting Bruce Anderson for free which is a bit weird considering we were technically due nothing and Aberdeen were due compensation on Bruce