The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Ffs.......

What do we have here?

An advisory poll from the public on a specific item that falls under the remit of those in charge (in this case Falkirk FC Board of Directors). 

What could go wrong? I mean, the last one of these turned out so well. #BrexitDisaster

It’s a supporters trust that are canvassing the members/fans, not the club BOD.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aren't the regs that you need at least 13 fit players over 18, of whom 2 must be goalkeepers?

Or is it only 1 goalkeeper over 18? Either way, at least one of Martin/Mutch/Holt must be available.

Holt starting I believe

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Strange….and worrying.
I even tried in separate Apple devices.

Just tried again and received the thank you for your vote message so something has been updated. Potentially based on your IP now. Can’t be bothered to check with a VPN

As Ruggy said, it should have been a reply to the email type deal. Can’t have been that hard to collate, surely. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

No. Please tell me we haven’t put a poll out for fans to vote on a potential signing 🙈🙈🙈.

How can that end well? We are amateur as f**k. 

The club are not having a poll regarding a potential signing no, happy to tell you that. However the FSS is canvassing its members via a poll so they can then pass on the fans/members views to the club BOD. Hope that clears it up for you. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

The comments on that FB group are hurting my brain. Folk saying they've already lost faith in FSS because they're canvassing opinion. If the purpose of a supporter's society isn't to act in its' members' interests, what the f**k is it for?

My thoughts exactly! Glad there is a better understanding on here although it is worrying if that FB page is an accurate reflection of the overall fan base, at the end of the day it’s those fans the FSS need to engage if it’s going to meet its subscription targets needed to purchase the 25% shareholding the society are hoping for. 

Apart from anything else going on the questions about how the club was run and continues to be ran keep mounting -

Easy to scapegoat Holt I suppose but how did it come to pass that after months of work we have ended up binning him on the eve of the window and from the outside left ourselves scrambling for players. 

AT-S deal seems to have come quite suddenly and a Rangers youth are all we have to show for months of work. Really?

Not to mention the chase for DG when we've got far more important positions to fill.

Shambles.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We, a skint league 1 club with a Women’s team, have bid actual transfer money for a fat, unapologetic rapist? We deserve absolutely everything we get. 

Never been more disgusted with our club. Absolute cretins in charge. Each year we just plummet to lower depths.

58 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I guess it could have been workable to allow a reply to the email with a vote so only people who received the email could vote but would be time consuming and tedious to collate on the timescale. 

And also wouldnt be anonymous.

Can’t seriously believe or accept any vote from a fans perspective / external organisation(s) for a player we shouldn’t be near or associated with.

The new BOD are responsible for running our club in a honest, transparent and with the highest morals.

If they are seriously thinking of bringing this piece of shite to our club, they can all GTF. 

52 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I may be wrong here but I’ve tested logging in after refreshing cookies and I can’t vote again.
Hopefully it’s not been compromised….

I’ve done the same and you can’t vote twice, luckily the vote shouldn’t have been comprised despite some halfwit on that Facebook page putting it out there for the world to see via a screen grab. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Can just see him selling the jersey's given all that's went on with father Holt. We must be in some nick.

Not 100% of course but have heard he is starting, the DGW is 100% true though, as is the 11 out with covid.

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We, a skint league 1 club with a Women’s team, have bid actual transfer money for a fat, unapologetic rapist? We deserve absolutely everything we get. 

By the way you slandered our relatively successful Falkirk Women’s team I should have known you were an idiot. 1) If we were gonna go in for him ofc we are bidding money Clyde don’t hand him to us for free u swampy 2) fat enough to be one of the best strikers outside the prem 3) doubt falkirk are interested in a settled case that happened years ago, they want out the lower leagues asap so idiots  like you stop complaining