The Falkirk FC Thread

Im going to leave it now tbh. Iv emailed the board and Jamie Swinney, said my bit on here and voted/left a comment.

I cant do more. I just hope do the right thing now rather than torch any family/community pretensions in exchange for a few goals in a league we should be bullying anyway.
Same.
We can only cross our fingers and hope now.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What worries me a little about this, although I appreciate being consulted, is that if the dafties all vote yes and the poll is pro DGW it gives the board a route to say that they acted in accordance with the fans….

Which they would've done to be fair.

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What worries me a little about this, although I appreciate being consulted, is that if the dafties all vote yes and the poll is pro DGW it gives the board a route to say that they acted in accordance with the fans….

If they do then your issue is with the fan base as a whole and not the board. 

Good to see them issue the poll but really have no idea how you'd go about interpreting the results and putting a recommendation to the rest of the board. What % are you drawing the line at? A poll would be typically be majority rules but if a transfer is going to piss off 49% of your members it still feels like a bad idea.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I was thinking that too as to be honest I think it would poll in favour and the reps would therefore have to go with the majority decision. If there is enough no’s then that should be taken in to account though as this is a decision that could cause many to walk away from the club. 

One question I would have with the poll is that how do you stop non members from voting? It didn’t seem to take any note of who was voting. 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Disagree. It’s a board appointment….not the fans…

Which is clearly influenced by the fans, who have invested in the club, being invited to vote on it.

As Bairnardo said, ST holders should also be invited to vote given their influence every summer on the finances of the club.

Which is clearly influenced by the fans, who have invested in the club, being invited to vote on it.
As Bairnardo said, ST holders should also be invited to vote given their influence every summer on the finances of the club.

In this case it’s a vote by FSS members to shape only FSS representation on the board I expect, so can’t really be open to non members.

Taking the emotional ties of football out of it and looking at things objectively:

Season ticket holders are customers of a business at a point in time. IKEA won't be polling people who bought a desk off them on whether they should be hiring Person X to work the checkouts.

FSS is a subscription members only group. They are polling their own members. The result of the poll will not be in any way binding in terms of what the club does. It would just be indicative.

If you're a season ticket holder with concerns then go to the club directly via email or phone to state your position. The club can delete your email if they want. We're just customers. If you're not happy at a decision they take or process they follow then withdraw your custom.

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was thinking that too as to be honest I think it would poll in favour and the reps would therefore have to go with the majority decision. If there is enough no’s then that should be taken in to account though as this is a decision that could cause many to walk away from the club. 

One question I would have with the poll is that how do you stop non members from voting? It didn’t seem to take any note of who was voting. 

It's only been sent to members and can't be voted on twice.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

In this case it’s a vote by FSS members to hopefully shape only the FSS representation on the board so can’t really be open to non members.

Yes, which is why I believe a separate vote for ST holders would be beneficial to capture a bigger segment of the fanbase without it becoming a free for all where every man and their dog can vote. 

Ffs.......

What do we have here?

An advisory poll from the public on a specific item that falls under the remit of those in charge (in this case Falkirk FC Board of Directors). 

What could go wrong? I mean, the last one of these turned out so well. #BrexitDisaster

Yes, which is why I believe a separate vote for ST holders would be beneficial to capture a bigger segment of the fanbase without it becoming a free for all where every man and their dog can vote. 
Sadly, even just this website is riddled with folk who would go on and vote to sign him so that they could then use the rape of a female to point and laugh.

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's only been sent to members and can't be voted on twice.

I was meaning if it gets shared to non members. Sure someone will. 

Poll is a good step forward and hopefully one that will be used again if or when there's big issues arise. Irrespective of the Goodwille issue it's really a good move by the FSS and certainly makes me feel more positive about contributing every month and the organisation overall.

It’s a idea BUT who gets the casting vote? The board, the sponsors, the management team, the FSS, Facebook, the People’s front of Judea or the Judean people’s front?

Forget about DG in this debate but all these types of polls from will show different results from different angles and may only cause further divide. I think it’s a bit paralysis by analysis and we don’t have time to debate every decision.

What happened to trusting the new board now that there has been substantial change and the changes that were called for have been acted upon?