The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Think it was Dallison wanting to let the ball bounce 5/6 times, before playing it, that sticks in my mind. That it helped hand the Pars a victory on a plate too, didn't exactly endear him to the Bairns fans either.
Some were impressed by his sleeve tattoos though.

The 0-3 QotS game will stay with me forever. His attempt at being a bargain bucket Giroud will stay with me forever. 

3 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

Gardyne released by ICT, another player our money would be better used to convince into signing. 

Signing for Montrose apparently.

50 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I actually thought Brough was one of the few who looked like he would cut it up here. Didn’t help he played in one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen

He at least had some attributes you'd look for in a defender: height, physical presence and got stuck in.

Dallison was an utter shitebag. 

16 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

He at least had some attributes you'd look for in a defender: height, physical presence and got stuck in.

Dallison was an utter shitebag. 

This exactly, scared to go in for a 50:50 or even a 70:30 in his favour. Looked slightly better when he got stuck up front as he wasn't putting his body on the line.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He was only in a job with us as his role at Aberdeen was uncertain with the arrival of Glass. Spending 8 years as a youth coach is not the signs of a man who had ambitions to be a first team manager. Pity our old board couldn’t see that. 

To continue with another Arbroath link. Sheerln was our  manager prior to him going to Aberdeen. He led us in our first ever trophy winning season and the football we played was a joy to watch.🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Hayshead2 said:

To continue with another Arbroath link. Sheerln was our  manager prior to him going to Aberdeen. He led us in our first ever trophy winning season and the football we played was a joy to watch.🇱🇻

That was more down to him being an excellent player more than manager.

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Hayshead2 said:

Heard that too but was him playing and pulling in favours from former team mates not a big part of that? He was a pretty tidy player. 

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It would be really easy for Dowds to effectively down tools on his return. If he's seriously pissed off we've brought him back, which I'd understand given how shabbily he was treated by Holt. 

Hope not but I'd feel fucking furious to be dragged out of a top Championship team and made to play with Brad McKay and Hetherington. 

Can't see Dowds downing tools, it's in his own interest to try and perform well for us. Other championship clubs will have noted how well he did at Arbroath and if he carries on that form they may  look to pick him up in the summer. 

39 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Can't see Dowds downing tools, it's in his own interest to try and perform well for us. Other championship clubs will have noted how well he did at Arbroath and if he carries on that form they may  look to pick him up in the summer. 

If we finally get our act together he will probably not want to move in the summer.

Of course he may not be considered good enough for us by then!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

1 more day down without signing Goodwillie. 25 days to go. Believe.x

I'm really hoping the Rennie can put the story to bed this weekend and confirm we aren't in for him. Shitting myself every time the club tweets isn't good for me.