The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And that scenario should be dependant upon three things. Rennie does not see him as part of the plans. Arbroath pay the fee requested. We already have replacements signed up. There's not a chance in hell we should be letting Dowds go whilst still being lumbered with dross like Wilson and Ruth

Make it a stipulation if Arbroath want Dowds they have to take Wilson aswell 😂

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Holts away and he's had no problems with Holt anyway since he moved having seen been around him regularly when training with us. He's our player and we pay his wages so he needs to suck it up and play well between now and June if he wants to keep playing full time football. It's only 5 months or so and then he can do what he wants.

Correct. Unless he wants to go back part-time then he needs to bring his Arbroath form back with him and prove to everyone, including himself, that he's capable of having a decent full-time career in the game.

Worst case scenario would be that doesn't work out and he'll back as a part-timer; I'm sure Arbroath would be happy to take him on in the summer in that case.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Correct. Unless he wants to go back part-time then he needs to bring his Arbroath form back with him and prove to everyone, including himself, that he's capable of having a decent full-time career in the game.

Worst case scenario would be that doesn't work out and he'll back as a part-timer; I'm sure Arbroath would be happy to take him on in the summer in that case.

Is the deadline for loans below the top tier not the end of march or something like that anyway? Not sure what the rush would be for us sending him back. It's surely worth giving him game time before deciding if he stays or goes.

39 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Or he'll sign a PCA with Arbroath. 

Only if he wants to pack in full time football.  I would expect he's more likely to wait till the summer and see whose interested from the full time teams more than go back to playing part time football . Arbroath may get promoted for all we know and then they will need far better players than Anton Dowds 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see Paul Sheerin has joined Kilmarnock with Mcinnes 

He was only in a job with us as his role at Aberdeen was uncertain with the arrival of Glass. Spending 8 years as a youth coach is not the signs of a man who had ambitions to be a first team manager. Pity our old board couldn’t see that. 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He was only in a job with us as his role at Aberdeen was uncertain with the arrival of Glass. Spending 8 years as a youth coach is not the signs of a man who had ambitions to be a first team manager. Pity our old board couldn’t see that. 

Cup tie certainty in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I said that at the time. Our supposed PR "expert" on the board and on that panel of fuckwittery should have made a beeline for the Falkirk TV boys and suggested that the recording be lost for "technical reasons". That he didn't just shows how laughingly incompetent he was. 

I’m glad it was broadcast. I think it was a big contributory factor in the regime change. 

Just now, Rugster said:

I’m glad it was broadcast. I think it was a big contributory factor in the regime change. 

Oh absolutely. The daft, arrogant eejits probably thought the night went well when they switched the microphone off. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Agreed. Had it not went been put on YouTube then I’m sure the old board would still be there. Satire and ridicule are possibly the best ways to combat the arrogant. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Beggars belief. Guy looked so far out his depth with us but Crawley fans seem disappointed to see the back of him. Same goes for Patrick Brough whos doing well at Barrow I think.

I actually thought Brough was one of the few who looked like he would cut it up here. Didn’t help he played in one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen

Think it was Dallison wanting to let the ball bounce 5/6 times, before playing it, that sticks in my mind. That it helped hand the Pars a victory on a plate too, didn't exactly endear him to the Bairns fans either.
Some were impressed by his sleeve tattoos though.

I actually thought Brough was one of the few who looked like he would cut it up here. Didn’t help he played in one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen
I'd have said he was the best of that years signings & would probably have kept him.
I too thought he was playing in one of the poorest Falkirk sides I'd seen, but that's sadly been trumped in successive seasons.

48 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Without doubt, the moment when Deans et al were hoist by their own petard. That Colborne’s “short straw” speech was given the go ahead was the single most appalling bit of PR judgement since Gerald Ratner decided to wipe his jewellery company off the map with one alcohol fuelled joke.