The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

It was in an attempt to justify signing Wilson he said he’d loaned out a player who scored 4 for someone who had scored 5. I can’t remember exact wording.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Somebody asked Holt why we'd signed Wilson and his defense was that he'd scored 4 goals last season pointing out that was more than Dowds & Keena.

I remember now cheers guys. 

3 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

It was in an attempt to justify signing Wilson he said he’d loaned out a player who scored 4 for someone who had scored 5. I can’t remember exact wording.

It wasn’t just Dowds tbf it was pretty wild the way they talked about other players too just seemed so unprofessional. Think it could’ve got the backs up of a lot of players. That Q and A thing was such a farce I dunno why they decided to put it on YouTube for the world to see 😂

I think AD will be back at us at some point 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It wasn’t just Dowds tbf it was pretty wild the way they talked about other players too just seemed so unprofessional. Think it could’ve got the backs up of a lot of players. That Q and A thing was such a farce I dunno why they decided to put it on YouTube for the world to see 😂

I said that at the time. Our supposed PR "expert" on the board and on that panel of fuckwittery should have made a beeline for the Falkirk TV boys and suggested that the recording be lost for "technical reasons". That he didn't just shows how laughingly incompetent he was. 

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

I said that at the time. Our supposed PR "expert" on the board and on that panel of fuckwittery should have made a beeline for the Falkirk TV boys and suggested that the recording be lost for "technical reasons". That he didn't just shows how laughingly incompetent he was. 

Aye you all must be sitting back wondering wtf is going on sometimes. Even the ones we do like it’s all closed door and Ian Campbell who usually does them asks fans to not mention anything online or out with the room and they’re usually not even the tiniest bit controversial in the way that Falkirk one was. Mental 

It would be really easy for Dowds to effectively down tools on his return. If he's seriously pissed off we've brought him back, which I'd understand given how shabbily he was treated by Holt. 

Hope not but I'd feel fucking furious to be dragged out of a top Championship team and made to play with Brad McKay and Hetherington. 

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Gullan's just signed permanently with Raith Rovers so that's that one gone.

I was told Goodwillie has spoken to both us and Raith and if they’ve just signed Gullan then it looks even more likely he’ll be heading our way

I'm actually quite surprised to see him back. Arbroath aren't skint if Campbell is to be believed, I'd have thought he'd have managed to get a deal done for Dowds. Ofcourse it could yet still happen as I think the boy himself wants to go. Not that he's not welcome back given our options include Wilson and Ompreon. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm actually quite surprised to see him back. Arbroath aren't skint if Campbell is to be believed, I'd have thought he'd have managed to get a deal done for Dowds. Ofcourse it could yet still happen as I think the boy himself wants to go. Not that he's not welcome back given our options include Wilson and Ompreon. 

He isn't.

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I was told Goodwillie has spoken to both us and Raith and if they’ve just signed Gullan then it looks even more likely he’ll be heading our way

I doubt Raith was a goer for him after the sponsor basically saying you won't have a sponsor if he signs. 

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It would be really easy for Dowds to effectively down tools on his return. If he's seriously pissed off we've brought him back, which I'd understand given how shabbily he was treated by Holt. 

Hope not but I'd feel fucking furious to be dragged out of a top Championship team and made to play with Brad McKay and Hetherington. 

Holts away and he's had no problems with Holt anyway since he moved having seen been around him regularly when training with us. He's our player and we pay his wages so he needs to suck it up and play well between now and June if he wants to keep playing full time football. It's only 5 months or so and then he can do what he wants.

22 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I'd bet on Dowds not being with us come the end of the window.

And that scenario should be dependant upon three things. Rennie does not see him as part of the plans. Arbroath pay the fee requested. We already have replacements signed up. There's not a chance in hell we should be letting Dowds go whilst still being lumbered with dross like Wilson and Ruth.