The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest FFC1965

Delighted to see Dowds back.  I thought that he was one of our better players in the closed doors 2020/2021 season - before the wheels came off all over the place at least.  

I just watched back the highlights of the 1-0 win v Cove in Nov 2020 and he was the guy making things happen eg did all the work for Morrisons goal.   

If he's back a bit sharper from playing Championship football and with something of a grudge against the old regime to drive him on, that will do me. 

Edited by FFC1965

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not recently no. As I said they already know the fans feelings of fans about the whole goodwillie thing. It rises it's bloody head every transfer window and the guys on the bod have been going to games home and away for years. They aren't Gary deans.

I know that and thankful for it. 

Feels like it has certainly been considered  this window but hopefully they come to the same conclusion as before. As I’ve said no qualms with Rennie and Miller wanting him or the board taking it in to consideration. Just an issue if he signs. I’m sure he won’t as a result of the division it will cause though. 

Anyway let’s move on with this chat. What other strikers can we get? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Good news R.E dowds. The absolute least we should do is give him to the end of January to see if his heart is in it. If it’s not, punt him to Arbroath or whoever. No harm done. Good decision! 

Yes, sure he will be really motIvated to be back. Imagine Rennies chat with him

“Look I get you had  bad covid at the  begging  of the season and the last  manager was only in the door and you were relegated to no 4 striker- that in a flash you went from no 10 to no 19 jersey,  but hey he is gone - you should feel good now!

I know the DOF of our Club humiliated you in public when you were out on loan, and the recording went virile , and probably ( or potentially) damaged your reputation  , and possibly your career,  and in any other walk of life the employment lawyers would be at  the door,  but  he has gone now- so  hey you should  feel good now!

I know a lot of other terrible things happened to you( conjecture on my part, but life teaches you bad behaviour is never an isolated event but always a trend, would love to hear the whole story from the player)- but hey all  those bad people have gone now !

I know most of the posters on this forum thought you were “ sh- te” and were vocal about that, but they want you back as you are less “ sh- te” than the rest of the forwards we have- whats not to love about coming back and playing for those supporters.?

Remember we pay you- ok Arbroath probably pay most of your salary but forget that , forget that you are currently playing with far better players, a better manager , in better league and you are top of the table with the chance of
Promotion to the premier league as the first part time team in history- you can come back  as we have our own play - offs , to stay in league 1, forget that promotion nonsense .!

We , the new management team are building a long term project here-  I am here for 6 long months (  no making.A commitment longer than that in this madhouse)and Kenny has a long history !- of short term coaching appointments.- you need to show the same commitment!

Cmon there in no reason  for you not to be motivated to play for Falkirk and come back and experience  the warmth and positivity of  one of the biggest clubs  and fan bases in Scotland- show some loyalty man!🤷‍♂️
Aye will be all fired up right enough- feel this story may not of ended yet..😂😂😂
Sent from my iPhone

2 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

“Look I get you had  bad covid at the  begging  of the season and the last  manager was only in the door and you were relegated to no 4 striker- that in a flash you went from no 10 to no 19 jersey,  but hey he is gone - you should feel good now!

I know the DOF of our Club humiliated you in public when you were out on loan, and the recording went virile , and probably ( or potentially) damaged your reputation  , and possibly your career,  and in any other walk of life the employment lawyers would be at  the door,  but  he has gone now- so  hey you should  feel good now!

I know a lot of other terrible things happened to you( conjecture on my part, but life teaches you bad behaviour is never an isolated event but always a trend, would love to hear the whole story from the player)- but hey all  those bad people have gone now !

I know most of the posters on this forum thought you were “ sh- te” and were vocal about that, but they want you back as you are less “ sh- te” than the rest of the forwards we have- whats not to love about coming back and playing for those supporters.?

Remember we pay you- ok Arbroath probably pay most of your salary but forget that , forget that you are currently playing with far better players, a better manager , in better league and you are top of the table with the chance of
Promotion to the premier league as the first part time team in history- you can come back  as we have our own play - offs , to stay in league 1, forget that promotion nonsense .!

We , the new management team are building a long term project here-  I am here for 6 long months (  no making.A commitment longer than that in this madhouse)and Kenny has a long history !- of short term coaching appointments.- you need to show the same commitment!

Cmon there in no reason  for you not to be motivated to play for Falkirk and come back and experience  the warmth and positivity of  one of the biggest clubs  and fan bases in Scotland- show some loyalty man!🤷‍♂️
Aye will be all fired up right enough- feel this story may not of ended yet..😂😂😂
Sent from my iPhone

That hurt my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Sent from my iPhone

You actually took the time out of your day to try and create that conversation in your head and then type it all out on a fucking Iphone.

Fucking hell that is sad.

14 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Sent from my iPhone

No need to shout

No idea what to expect on Saturday. We were rank rotten against Clyde. Hopefully both full backs will be back in plus Dixon & the new guy. 

Dowds wasn’t great before but he should be playing with confidence so let’s see what he can do on Saturday. 

Would be nice to have another couple of new/better players in before the game. Lack of creativity & a finisher is killing us. 

45 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What other strikers can we get? 

Euan Henderson (Hearts). Loan period at Alloa finishes next week. They may well want to keep him or loan him to a Championship club, but worth asking the question. I remember SD getting slaughtered by the usual suspects on here when he suggested we should have signed him instead of waiting around for weeks and weeks for Aberdeen to let us have Ruth. Excellent scoring record in a very poor side. Really good player, far ahead of anything we have in the final third.

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, AGPar said:

Euan Henderson (Hearts). Loan period at Alloa finishes next week. They may well want to keep him or loan him to a Championship club, but worth asking the question. I remember SD getting slaughtered by the usual suspects on here when he suggested we should have signed him instead of waiting around for weeks and weeks for Aberdeen to let us have Ruth. Excellent scoring record in a very poor side. Really good player, far ahead of anything we have in the final third.

I certainly wasn’t one of them. I was really disappointed when he went to Alloa. Would be delighted if we got him in. 

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Can someone remind me what Holt actually said about Dowds? In the clusterfuck that was the q and a I’ve forgotten. 

It was in an attempt to justify signing Wilson he said he’d loaned out a player who scored 4 for someone who had scored 5. I can’t remember exact wording.

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

In other news it's nice to see Dowds' supposed brother taking the news well on twitter. Abroath's official twitter have even been kind enough to like it. Still more twists to this story to come I reckon.

091FE20D-9677-4243-91DC-4B0FA3EFECBD.jpeg

Yep. I reckon the club are making a play to try and get a fee for Anton.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Can someone remind me what Holt actually said about Dowds? In the clusterfuck that was the q and a I’ve forgotten. 

Somebody asked Holt why we'd signed Wilson and his defense was that he'd scored 4 goals last season pointing out that was more than Dowds & Keena.