The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ready to concede on your Godorov assessment?

7008D682-9870-46E0-B7FE-4757FC98F60A.jpeg

He was playing for a far better team last season than he is now to be fair.

Genuinely excited to see how dowds fairs back in league 1. Seems to have gone to Arbroath and come back a new and improved player. Did always think he needed a couple years before he would be ready. Hope he gets a start against dumbarton and nets a cheeky goal.

Wanna hear what Arbroath fans thought of him.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Nah, you’re alright.

You can have Jake Hastie if you’d like though? I know he’s contracted to Rangers and that but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. 

We've had enough of your failed loans ala Mcdaid. Don't think you lot actually ever had the pleasure of seeing Mcdaid on the park right enough.

Just now, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Genuinely excited to see how dowds fairs back in league 1. Seems to have gone to Arbroath and come back a new and improved player. Did always think he needed a couple years before he would be ready. Hope he gets a start against dumbarton and nets a cheeky goal.

He did score for us in that awful 1-1 against Dumbarton at TFS last season.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've had enough of your failed loans ala Mcdaid. Don't think you lot actually ever had the pleasure of seeing Mcdaid on the park right enough.

We didn’t last season as Dundee inexplicably decided to keep him when the season restarted and we got Scott Tiffoney instead.

We had him in the Premiership before he went to Ayr though. Think his highlights consisted of one assist against St Mirren and being booed by Rangers fans when his name was read out.

Can’t say I envy you watching him every week. 

6 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Hard working, great at holding ball up, run channels all day long, when he got it in his feet he’d square up to people be direct and look to take them on, nuisance to play against and always fancied him to get a goal.

To be fair he had big Nouble up with him and the 2 of them combined must have been a nightmare to play against. Nouble playing gave him a wee bit more space too.

But his commitment and work rate was up there with our better players at that side of the game and we are an extremely hard working team.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We didn’t last season as Dundee inexplicably decided to keep him when the season restarted and we got Scott Tiffoney instead.

We had him in the Premiership before he went to Ayr though. Think his highlights consisted of one assist against St Mirren and being booed by Rangers fans when his name was read out.

Can’t say I envy you watching him every week. 

What do Sevco fans have against him, or is it just that his name sounds too 'catholicy'?

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In other words, you believe what you were told by the people involved. The narrative that suits them.

Totally. Wasn’t even aware of his “proceeds of crime” bust in 2017.

Best of luck to Anton Dowds. As a club and as fans we have been way to hard on the laddie and I think we can safely say him and Keena together are going to be the most conpetent strikeforce we see all season unless we bag a starting number 9.

I just hope he has learned to make his size count these last few months and becomes the first man in our team to stsrt making his opposite number know hes been in a game.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Best of luck to Anton Dowds. As a club and as fans we have been way to hard on the laddie and I think we can safely say him and Keena together are going to be the most conpetent strikeforce we see all season unless we bag a starting number 9.

I just hope he has learned to make his size count these last few months and becomes the first man in our team to stsrt making his opposite number know hes been in a game.

Dick Campbell will have gave him a few pointers in regards to that I'm sure. 

Pleased to see Dowds back - pushing him out was just such a bizarre move.

It is, however, depressing to reach the age that not only was I above our manager at school, but I worked with our player’s dad.  It was all black and white back in my day…

Hard working, great at holding ball up, run channels all day long, when he got it in his feet he’d square up to people be direct and look to take them on, nuisance to play against and always fancied him to get a goal.

To be fair he had big Nouble up with him and the 2 of them combined must have been a nightmare to play against. Nouble playing gave him a wee bit more space too.

But his commitment and work rate was up there with our better players at that side of the game and we are an extremely hard working team.

Would you say he works better with another target man, or someone with a bit of pace and skill?

Just now, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Would you say he works better with another target man, or someone with a bit of pace and skill?

Nouble is a target man that has 99 strength and pace and ridiculous skill so it’s hard to tell 😂

Dont see why he couldn’t play with anyone though he’s just a hard working direct striker, clever player too.