The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Best of luck to Anton Dowds. As a club and as fans we have been way to hard on the laddie and I think we can safely say him and Keena together are going to be the most conpetent strikeforce we see all season unless we bag a starting number 9.

I just hope he has learned to make his size count these last few months and becomes the first man in our team to stsrt making his opposite number know hes been in a game.

Here’s hoping Rennie can now get a tune out of the laddie. We now know he can look after himself at Championship level.

The boy must have seen Arbroath as a total release. For all the “Gary Holt is a great guy” chat, most of it must have give AD the dry boke.

As a young guy, I had 18 months of having the most vile and horrible female boss. I dreaded work every single day. When she transferred to a different dept, I had two years of doing really well before I left. With Sheerin, Grainger and Holt gone, I hope AD can now have a similar experience.

Re Dowds. The jury was out on him for a while when he first arrived - looked unfit and lacked sharpness. He really came on to a game though and has been flying the last few weeks. He was scoring, creating and scaring defences with his directness. He also developed a big work ethic, something that every single player for us has to have as it’s a major part of our game.

Really sorry to see him go. If he carries on with the same attitude then he’ll be a great asset for Falkirk, if not then give us him back.

Edited by Tattie36

Good to see Dowds back and looking more like the player he was when we first signed him

5 goals and a couple of assists in 9 starts and some sub appearances in the Championship is decent going

Hopefully the first piece of the Martin Rennie promotion express/ jigsaw/ juggenaut hybrid

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Was hoping we'd have managed to pay off Brad McKay by now. 

I'd rather start a game with 10 men than ever see him again.

Now there's a fundraiser I'm sure we could all get behind. Dreads thinking about how much money he's on though given the three year deal.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

the longer the deal the lower the wage I would think, no?

I think it's more we had to offer them a longer deal in order to compete with championship clubs but that's obviously just me speculating. Could have been offered the same as what we offered by a championship club but we offered him a 3 year deal as opposed to a 1/2 year deal.

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Good to see Dowds back and looking more like the player he was when we first signed him

5 goals and a couple of assists in 9 starts and some sub appearances in the Championship is decent going

Hopefully the first piece of the Martin Rennie promotion express/ jigsaw/ juggenaut hybrid

I would settle for a Martin Rennie horse and cart………something built to go forwards, but not backwards.

Hoping Dowds comes back and gives two fingers to Holt(remember him) and our previous management team with performances that shows it was complete madness to send him out on loan, that said perhaps a loan may have helped his career like it did for the likes of Barr, Stewart and Murdoch 

I'd fancy him to score more than Wilson for us this season 😉😉

18 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Was hoping we'd have managed to pay off Brad McKay by now. 

I'd rather start a game with 10 men than ever see him again.

Astounded he managed a season in the Premiership and then 4 in the Championship for ICT

The juniors beckons for him along with Wilson 

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Just noticed he plays for Cascadia at international level. Wild. Sounds like a 1984 continent.

Guy had a lot of promise when he was younger, 8 years at Chelsea and then a bad injury. When we got him on loan Aldershot fans were telling me he had ripped it up down there second half of the season and there were L1 clubs wanting him including Bolton. Think the JET (Jay Emmanuel Thomas) told him to go to Livi, understand he’s on a very good contract there (Livingston standards) so we will see what happens when he goes back. We won a watch with him though he’s been ridiculously good 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy had a lot of promise when he was younger, 8 years at Chelsea and then a bad injury. When we got him on loan Aldershot fans were telling me he had ripped it up down there second half of the season and there were L1 clubs wanting him including Bolton. Think the JET (Jay Emmanuel Thomas) told him to go to Livi, understand he’s on a very good contract there (Livingston standards) so we will see what happens when he goes back. We won a watch with him though he’s been ridiculously good 

Do you think Jack Hamilton will fill the gap for you or do you think losing both Nouble/Dowds will halt your progress this season?

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Do you think Jack Hamilton will fill the gap for you or do you think losing both Nouble/Dowds will halt your progress this season?

Dunno mate it’ll definitely be a huge blow and I think Nouble X Factor will be missed and we will draw a lot more games now that we would’ve won with him. Dowds be big miss too. Jack Hamilton got 8 in 14 for us from January to end of last season but all round Dowds and Nouble do more. 

Keep saying it to anyone that’ll listen though but in 2021 and the second half of last season too we’ve been good and had top 4 form even with Hearts and Dundee in league 

16 wins 

14 draws 

6 defeats 

In league 2021 calendar year. I think we will have a poorer last 15/16 games yeah but still fancy top 4 and  we will have money to spend this window too and DC always seems to produce the goods

Craig Wighton first year In Championship made all the difference, Nicky Low, Jack Hamilton and Ben Williamson made massive impact last year so I’m sure he will come up with something 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Confused by this too.  Either his loan deal was up or it wasn't. What the f**k did that have to do with Arbroath. 

I can't imagine if they'd had an option to extend that they wouldn't have triggered it given how well he's done there. 

I think it's called diplomacy.  Nice to see you've discovered it.

Wasn’t fussed about Dowds going but it was more Wilson and Sammy’s lack of talent to replace him that was an issue.

One of the reasons I wasn’t keen on Dowds was the lack of mobility. If Campbell’s improved this and his work rate, and helped scoring at a higher level, we will get a better player back than we loaned out.

May end up being the best thing that’s happened to his career, going on loan to Arbroath.

Hopefully he can fire us into the playoffs and promotion, but he’ll need a better squad around him to do that. A promising start.

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

And this forum and other social media has played no part in them understanding the supporters feelings? 

Not recently no. As I said they already know the fans feelings of fans about the whole goodwillie thing. It rises it's bloody head every transfer window and the guys on the bod have been going to games home and away for years. They aren't Gary deans.