The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have to say Mcdaid has been one of the most disappointing signings for me of the last few years.

I thought he’d really stand out at this level but he’s offered almost nothing.

He was bang average in the Championship for Ayr and fuck knows how he got a move to Dundee.  Presumably them just using their money advantage over Ayr to weaken them, much like the Old Firm do.  

Seen him in the flesh 5 or 6 times in the last 3 or 4 years and I'm still waiting to see him beat a man and deliver.

He was bang average in the Championship for Ayr and fuck knows how he got a move to Dundee.  Presumably them just using their money advantage over Ayr to weaken them, much like the Old Firm do.  
Seen him in the flesh 5 or 6 times in the last 3 or 4 years and I'm still waiting to see him beat a man and deliver.

Could’ve sworn he was quite good for ayr, looked tricky and scored a few goals. Maybe I was just lucky and saw the highlights of games when he played alright [emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Could’ve sworn he was quite good for ayr, looked tricky and scored a few goals. Maybe I was just lucky and saw the highlights of games when he played alright emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm only going by what I've seen of him and if I'm going by what I've read on here about his time at Falkirk, I'm happy to stick with my assessment of him.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He was bang average in the Championship for Ayr and f**k knows how he got a move to Dundee.  Presumably them just using their money advantage over Ayr to weaken them, much like the Old Firm do.  

He looked promising in our 2-2 game up at Links park against Montrose and had it not been for wrotten finishing he could have had a few assists that day(Nesbitt rattling the bar from 5 yards out) then ever since he's not looked interested. If Rennie's persisting with the 3-4-1-2 I expect him to be punted back to Dundee as there's no way he's suited to playing as a wing back.

15 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Can't believe we thanked Arbroath for making the move happen! Sack the board!

Confused by this too.  Either his loan deal was up or it wasn't. What the f**k did that have to do with Arbroath. 

I can't imagine if they'd had an option to extend that they wouldn't have triggered it given how well he's done there. 

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ready to concede on your Godorov assessment?

7008D682-9870-46E0-B7FE-4757FC98F60A.jpeg

I don’t rate Todorov either but I’d 100% take him in League 1. Could be available to go out on loan too. 

When a player goes on loan it is normally so they can get more game time / experience and hopefully come back a much improved player 

I do worry as he was not well thought of by many , I believe the word “jobber” , will supporters give him a chance? 

Problem remains who is going to create opportunities for him 

Edited by hopestreetpuddle

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Confused by this too.  Either his loan deal was up or it wasn't. What the f**k did that have to do with Arbroath. 

I can't imagine if they'd had an option to extend that they wouldn't have triggered it given how well he's done there. 

Surely they mean making the initial loan move to Arbroath happen?

In any case, cheers for taking him back as it undoubtedly weakens Arbroath. If you can sign a load of their other players, I’m all for that too. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Surely they mean making the initial loan move to Arbroath happen?

In any case, cheers for taking him back as it undoubtedly weakens Arbroath. If you can sign a load of their other players, I’m all for that too. 

Fancy giving us Rudden back?

Well, since we’re being instructed to talk about the football…

Looking forward to seeing us in person on Saturday for the first time under Rennie. Starting XI will be interesting depending on who is in and who is out with Covid/injured but either way I would imagine Dowds will come right back in and start. 

Just win.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Good news R.E dowds. The absolute least we should do is give him to the end of January to see if his heart is in it. If it’s not, punt him to Arbroath or whoever. No harm done. Good decision! 

I highly doubt Arbroath will be hanging about until the end of January to see if they will be getting him back or not. They will already be looking for his replacement.

I highly doubt Arbroath will be hanging about until the end of January to see if they will be getting him back or not. They will already be looking for his replacement.

You’ve obviously forgotten about that £500k they banked.
I am sure they can splash out on a second striker if they really want to…..