The Falkirk FC Thread

It says it in the statement. 

It suggested the possibility in future of going to another model.
The line in question refers to signing players and supporting the manager:

“Our short-term priority is, of course, to support Martin and Kenny and give them the resources they need to put a winning team on the pitch. To do that, we’ll always make decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club, whether those decisions are popular with all fans or unpopular with some.“

It also mentions “short term” in the same paragraph. For me this relates to unpopular decisions in the immediate term.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It suggested the possibility in future of going to another model.
The line in question refers to signing players and supporting the manager:

“Our short-term priority is, of course, to support Martin and Kenny and give them the resources they need to put a winning team on the pitch. To do that, we’ll always make decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club, whether those decisions are popular with all fans or unpopular with some.“

It also mentions “short term” in the same paragraph. For me this relates to unpopular decisions in the immediate term.

I agree with you.  The paragraph you’ve posted has nothing to do with PT/FT status IMO given that they have already outlined the position on that in black and white further up the page.

Edited by Hughsie

As it should be just now!
Unless you want him at the club?
Too many posters that appear to be happy to wait until it’s too late to complain…
As I have said before no I don't want him and gave my reasons. The BOD also have their own concerns and they know the feelings of fan. Email the board like I and others have and don't just hope they read your posts on a forum

As I have said before no I don't want him and gave my reasons. The BOD also have their own concerns and they know the feelings of fan. Email the board like I and others have and don't just hope they read your posts on a forum

These two options are not mutually exclusive. It’s perfectly reasonable to do both you know.

48 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Enough saying no in this poll to scupper any kind of deal imo

1863587591_ScreenShot2022-01-06at10_21_08.png.521f4baaf06ca805ef58956d8269ae3d.png

Multiply that over our core 3.5-4k home support and it's a significant wedge of opposition.

I really don't know why the new board would want to shoot themselves in the foot before they've even got properly started. Paying a transfer fee for a player that will be 33 in March would make the whole thing even more mental.

You do realise you could put this up about any potential signing and get similar numbers. What would be a more interesting statistic is how many would honestly walk away from the club. I know plenty of people who don’t want us to sign him but it wouldn’t stop them supporting the club and buying season tickets

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

You do realise you could put this up about any potential signing and get similar numbers. What would be a more interesting statistic is how many would honestly walk away from the club. I know plenty of people who don’t want us to sign him but it wouldn’t stop them supporting the club and buying season tickets

We'd lose 5% at most. i.e 150 of our typical current home support.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We'd lose 5% at most. i.e 150 of our typical current home support.

Would they lose out on sponsors as well not wanting their brand associated with the baggage and possible adverse publicity?  Would there be a knock on affect on youngsters as parents decide they dont want their kids to have a role model with the baggage and have them go to other clubs? Theres a lot more than fan numbers involved in it

32 minutes ago, Lovinnen said:

Would they lose out on sponsors as well not wanting their brand associated with the baggage and possible adverse publicity?  Would there be a knock on affect on youngsters as parents decide they dont want their kids to have a role model with the baggage and have them go to other clubs? Theres a lot more than fan numbers involved in it

There is a lot more to it. The sponsors question I cannot answer. 

I don't have kids, so I cant answer from the perspective of a parent. If Goodwillie did sign however, I assume no parent would be quick to point out to there child that he is a sexual predator. Youngsters will see him as a football player and that is it. When they are old enough to see beyond that then they will realise the baggage he had and if they are still fans of the club then they can look back at conversations like this and see how decisive it was. At that point they can draw their own conclusions about watching him as a child. By then he will be long gone from the club.

Edited by latapythelegend

10 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Dowds loan ends today so we should at least hear today what's happening next.

If Rennie and Miller are not going to as good as guarantee a 1st team game. Then it would be best and fair to the player and his career to either extend the loan or sell him.

If he is sitting on the bench or not in the squad you are going to have a rightly pissed off Dowds.

Me ! Take him back and its a fresh start for the player and the club.

Reality Arbroath or another club in the division make an offer and FFC sell.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So the new directors including the fans representatives, some of whom frequent this forum, won’t take heed of this and other social media about such a hugely emotive issue? 

You said that the hysteria on here would stop them from signing him.  The hysteria of 40 or 50 folk on pie and Bovril will not affect their decisions in any way.  As I said they would know the supports  feelings already before taking up post. If they have any intention of signing him they will already have made up their minds and no hysteria on here will change that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

31 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You do realise you could put this up about any potential signing and get similar numbers. 

Of course you could, but split opinion on any other potential signing would be based solely on what people thought of them as a footballer.

If Goodwillie didn’t come with any baggage, the Falkirk split would be 99% in favour of signing him. The 1% would be folks who pressed the wrong button.