The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

End of the day if our new manager wants him and a deal can be done he will sign him. 

Our offer was with Clyde yesterday. The club have made their decision right or wrong it's up to Clyde to accept or not. 

1 hour ago, Broken Bairn said:

Whilst i agree that the board statement makes it easy to think we are about to sign DG, i am thinking our actual target has been named a couple of pages ago and nobody has picked up on it? Having just agreed to terminate his contract in Cyprus, has connections to Kenny Miller and at 34, he realises he will have to drop a level to stay in the game, Kyle Lafferty could be our man. Of course, he will have to take a significant wage cut, and will definitely split the support, but will be accepted much more than DG. That statement could be a great deflection piece by our new board. 

Wage demands seemed to be the stumbling block to renewing his deal at Kilmarnock so I'd be surprised if we could afford. 

Would it be controversial? I know he's staunch and was a bit of arsehole in the past but I can't recall any serious misdemeanours. Seemed to screwed the nut under Michael O'Neill. 

30 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Our offer was with Clyde yesterday. The club have made their decision right or wrong it's up to Clyde to accept or not. 

What was the offer?

From what I have heard it is a joke of an offer

Well short of what I would be hoping we would look for.

51 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

My dad also took me and my brother and I'll do the same with any kids I ever have. 

There will be Rangers, Celtic, Millwall, Lazio, Galatasary, Marseille fans who can say the same. Hardly family clubs though given their reputation!

Point im making is that its a term which is attached to every club now as a cheap PR stunt. It carries very little meaning. Especially for a team at such a low ebb like ourselves where the only thing that matters right now is improving.

Also,  and I include my own club in this criticism, the language at these games from more than a minority of  Adults  with kids all around is embarrassing and is no way consistent with the family club image the clubs profess to proclaim.

1 minute ago, Its not only a game said:

Also,  and I include my own club in this criticism, the language at these games from more than a minority of  Adults  with kids all around is embarrassing and is no way consistent with the family club image the clubs profess to proclaim.

Language is what it is. There is only so much you can shelter kids from it. If you don't want them exposed to rough language then football matches may not be for them.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t think I agree with that, all have ability that would see them stick out like a sore thumb in this division. Goodwillie manages to score 20 plus goals season in season out for very a poor Clyde team despite being obviously overweight. 

Griffiths is in the final throes of a million a year contract at Celtic.

54 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Griffiths is in the final throes of a million a year contract at Celtic.

Exactly, hence the reason I said he was out of our league. I Also said Cummings and Lafferty (another two that had been suggested) are almost as far fetched however all three would still definitely make absolutely fantastic signings for us at this level despite one poster surprisingly disagreeing.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

We’ve seen the virtue signalling and posturing all before. The truth is if you do sign DG it will make no significant difference to your attendance. A few will stick to their guns and stop attending, maybe that will be offset by more fans turning up if you can get a winning team on the park. The outrage around the signing will subside as the goals rattle in and DG will score plenty of goals, he’s the best striker outside of the premier league imo. From that perspective I hope you don’t sign him and he stays at Clyde.

Surely if the only reason it falls through is due to a poor offer this won't stop all these posters not going back etc to just throw morals out the window because the deal couldn't be reached?

Falkirk want David Goodwillie and have made an offer. Stick to your guns lads and give up on the club.

7 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Surely if the only reason it falls through is due to a poor offer this won't stop all these posters not going back etc to just throw morals out the window because the deal couldn't be reached?

Falkirk want David Goodwillie and have made an offer. Stick to your guns lads and give up on the club.

f**k off p***k.

Tbh if I was Goodwillie (feel a bit sick saying that) I don’t think I’d want to leave Clyde. He’s found a fan base that will overlook his past because he scores goals. If he makes the move to Falkirk he is going to end up being hounded out of that club eventually.

Being neither a student nor statto of the game, anyone know what DG’s track record is in terms of getting the club he plays for promoted on the back of the goals he scores? Is he widely seen as the player equivalent of Sam Allardyce…..well maybe not, as he is more about avoiding relegation than getting promoted, but you know what I mean.