The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My dad took me and my brother to Brockville. I have taken my kids to TFS. 

We are a family club! 

We could well be.

What I objected to was the club exploiting this when trying to sell season tickets (The Falkirk Family....yuk ) whilst treating the fan base with utter contempt at the same time.   

Anyway moving on. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Look, I completely agree that dealers/traffickers are frankly c***s of the lowest order.

But we must, I think, allow people to recognise their errors and make amends as best they can. Otherwise you're back in some medieval hell.

We are already there, it's called League One.

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Rennie and Miller are here not because they love Falkirk FC, it's because they see us as a stepping stone to bigger things. They're professionals who want to manage at as high a level as possible. Step one in that process is get us promoted as quickly as possible. To do that they need to get the best players they can and they will not give a flying f**k about any off-pitch baggage. In 3 years time, when they've both moved on they won't give a toss that a few hundred fans were offended by Goodwillie. However, if they don't get the best players they can for non-football reasons and they fail to get us promoted, they'll constantly wonder "what if". 

Signing Goodwillie and offending fans won't affect their careers in the slightest.

Not signing him could be a threat to their futures. 

I actually think you’re spot on here. I really don’t think that comment on the statement could mean anything other than DGW signing

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

All the names mentioned, Lafferty or Cummings or Griffiths would all be fantastic signings to be honest despite having chequered pasts but I think all 3 are probably out of reach for us at the minute while we languish in this division.

Cummings and Griffiths are overweight and in terminal decline.  

All 3 would expect wages far in excess of what they'd bring to the team.  Whoever we sign needs to be hungry and willing to run themselves into the ground for 90mins, not on the way out and looking for an easy ride.  

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I actually think you’re spot on here. I really don’t think that comment on the statement could mean anything other than DGW signing

If the statement didn't mean Goodwillie then it would be the easiest thing in the world to set the record straight.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Cummings and Griffiths are overweight and in terminal decline.  

All 3 would expect wages far in excess of what they'd bring to the team.  Whoever we sign needs to be hungry and willing to run themselves into the ground for 90mins, not on the way out and looking for an easy ride.  

Don’t think I agree with that, all have ability that would see them stick out like a sore thumb in this division. Goodwillie manages to score 20 plus goals season in season out for very a poor Clyde team despite being obviously overweight. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t think I agree with that, all have ability that would see them stick out like a sore thumb in this division. Goodwillie manages to score 20 plus goals season in season out for very a poor Clyde team despite being obviously overweight. 

Conor Sammon was also supposed to stick out like a sore thumb (in a good way)

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Obviously overweight? Please elaborate

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Conor Sammon was also supposed to stick out like a sore thumb (in a good way)

Sammon wasn’t quite at the same level as these guys, if you look at his record bar one good season at Kilmarnock that got him his move he was consistently a striker who didn’t score goals. 

7 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Obviously overweight? Please elaborate

Just think he looks like he’s carrying a bit of timber any time he’s played against us, obviously not quite in a Mark Yardley way but in comparison to the players around him does look overweight physically. He gets away with it in this division because he’s so much better than most of the players he’s up against. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

59 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My dad took me and my brother to Brockville. I have taken my kids to TFS. 

We are a family club! 

My dad also took me and my brother and I'll do the same with any kids I ever have. 

There will be Rangers, Celtic, Millwall, Lazio, Galatasary, Marseille fans who can say the same. Hardly family clubs though given their reputation!

Point im making is that its a term which is attached to every club now as a cheap PR stunt. It carries very little meaning. Especially for a team at such a low ebb like ourselves where the only thing that matters right now is improving.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Just think he looks like he’s carrying a bit of timber any time he’s played against us, obviously not quite in a Mark Yardley way but in comparison to the players around him does look overweight physically. He gets away with it in this division because he’s so much better than most of the players he’s up against. 

You must be on the wind up right? There is literally nothing on the guy!

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Jesus Christ that’s a bad take.

I’m sure Martindale has been among the first to openly discuss the wider impact of his offending behaviour. He has clearly taken steps to live an offence-free lifestyle and his attitude merits an opportunity to succeed in his job. Would you deny Martindale a job in or out of football? If so, why?

Goodwillie, on the other hand, has continued to deny his behaviour.

You need to dig a wee bit deeper. Martindale was “installed” by an unknown 3rd party at Livingston, and despite any manner of managerial appointments or removals, he remains untouched. I would suggest there is a reason for that.

He is of such good character that in 2017 this guy who only occupies the lane marked “straight and narrow” was nailed by the police for concealment of assets under proceeds of crime laws, and had to hand over £35k. A good character?

31 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If the statement didn't mean Goodwillie then it would be the easiest thing in the world to set the record straight.  

It’s obvious it goes though so I don’t expect any statement