The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst i agree that the board statement makes it easy to think we are about to sign DG, i am thinking our actual target has been named a couple of pages ago and nobody has picked up on it? Having just agreed to terminate his contract in Cyprus, has connections to Kenny Miller and at 34, he realises he will have to drop a level to stay in the game, Kyle Lafferty could be our man. Of course, he will have to take a significant wage cut, and will definitely split the support, but will be accepted much more than DG. That statement could be a great deflection piece by our new board. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

Whilst i agree that the board statement makes it easy to think we are about to sign DG, i am thinking our actual target has been named a couple of pages ago and nobody has picked up on it? Having just agreed to terminate his contract in Cyprus, has connections to Kenny Miller and at 34, he realises he will have to drop a level to stay in the game, Kyle Lafferty could be our man. Of course, he will have to take a significant wage cut, and will definitely split the support, but will be accepted much more than DG. That statement could be a great deflection piece by our new board. 

He did want to drop down to the Championship with Killie so i doubt he will drop down to L1 with us.

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He did want to drop down to the Championship with Killie so i doubt he will drop down to L1 with us.

Maybe it was Wright he didn’t rate? 

Would he split the support? Surely he'd be a phenomenal signing at this level

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Would he split the support? Surely he'd be a phenomenal signing at this level

Only if the club sign a player who can cross a ball and create. Chances . 
Everyone is so concerned about a striker but without anyone who has capability to create.even  the best striker will struggle 

In regards to the board update part and decisions that some will be unpopular with the fans doing you not think we are reading into it a bit too much.  I mean if Lang and Co had came out with the same statement/comment/remark and someone jumped the gun and said we were signing Goodwillie when in actual fact the unpopular decision was closing the academy.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Whilst I'm against Goodwillie, I'm also against this so called family club nonsense. It means absolutely nothing whilst your languishing on the edge of full time football. A winning team comes before that.

Community integration is what the foundation is for.

My dad took me and my brother to Brockville. I have taken my kids to TFS. 

We are a family club! 

4 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

Are you thinking he is going back to Killie with McInnes BPM?

No idea just that he maybe left Killie because of Wright and not the drop 

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In regards to the board update part and decisions that some will be unpopular with the fans doing you not think we are reading into it a bit too much.  I mean if Lang and Co had came out with the same statement/comment/remark and someone jumped the gun and said we were signing Goodwillie when in actual fact the unpopular decision was closing the academy.

I think it means we are going part time, not signing Goodwillie. 

6 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

Knowing how anxious the fans are over this potential signing I find this part of the statement totally bizarre if it’s not about Goodwillie. I’m not sure what else would be worth mentioning? A player sale perhaps?

Do we even have any sellable assets amongst this shitfest of a team?

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

It says elsewhere in the statement that promotion this year or next is needed to avoid that scenario so seems unlikely.

I know that, but it’s not like a light switch, by part time, I mean Hybrid, might start to see part time signing next season,

2 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I know that, but it’s not like a light switch, by part time, I mean Hybrid, might start to see part time signing next season,

I really don’t think that would be deemed unpopular. They’ve already stated we need to get promoted this season or next to remain full time

Rennie and Miller are here not because they love Falkirk FC, it's because they see us as a stepping stone to bigger things. They're professionals who want to manage at as high a level as possible. Step one in that process is get us promoted as quickly as possible. To do that they need to get the best players they can and they will not give a flying f**k about any off-pitch baggage. In 3 years time, when they've both moved on they won't give a toss that a few hundred fans were offended by Goodwillie. However, if they don't get the best players they can for non-football reasons and they fail to get us promoted, they'll constantly wonder "what if". 

Signing Goodwillie and offending fans won't affect their careers in the slightest.

Not signing him could be a threat to their futures.