The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Whatever happens with regards to Goodwillie - I didn’t think it was possible for me to have underestimated how stupid some of our supporters are. Yet, here I am…

B779A502-1C8B-46AF-9A47-0A9F5569C379.jpeg

Whilst I'm against Goodwillie, I'm also against this so called family club nonsense. It means absolutely nothing whilst your languishing on the edge of full time football. A winning team comes before that.

Community integration is what the foundation is for.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Whilst I'm against Goodwillie, I'm also against this so called family club nonsense. It means absolutely nothing whilst your languishing on the edge of full time football. A winning team comes before that.

Community integration is what the foundation is for.

I'd like to think we could make steps towards building a winning team without having to resort to signing a 33 year old rapist from Clyde that would bring nothing but negative press and divide the fanbase. 

2 minutes ago, joozy said:

That sounds like the sort of thing a wrong 'un would say.

Yet another subjective opinion / here is me thinking they we are in a democracy where freedom of thought & the right to hold an opinion contrary to that held of another is respected 

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'd like to think we could make steps towards building a winning team without having to resort to signing a 33 year old rapist from Clyde that would bring nothing but negative press and divide the fanbase. 

Which is why my first point was to say I'm against signing him?

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

Yet another subjective opinion / here is me thinking they we are in a democracy where freedom of thought & the right to hold an opinion contrary to that held of another is respected 

You're perfectly free to hold the opinion we should sign a rapist, just as joozy is totally free to call you out for being a wrong 'un for holding that view.

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

It's really quite simple.  You're either ok with an unrepentant rapist leading the line for the team, or you're not.  If it's the former, then you're a wrong 'un.  You can hold your shitty opinion, but nobody else needs to respect it.  

Very good statement from the board but not sure why they’ve included that bit at the end. Everyone except Shadwell can see that It points very much to the signing of Goodwillie.

However the fact Shadwell is ‘not getting his knickers in a twist’ points to the fact we won’t sign Goodwillie. He has fallen madly in love with the new board and despite claiming there are no more leaks at the club he was very chilled about the Gary Holt situation and low and behold Holt was gone the very next day 🤔

Conclusion - I have no idea why that section was included if they don’t intend signing him but until Shadwell panics I’m staying relaxed. 

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Very good statement from the board but not sure why they’ve included that bit at the end. Everyone except Shadwell can see that It points very much to the signing of Goodwillie.

However the fact Shadwell is ‘not getting his knickers in a twist’ points to the fact we won’t sign Goodwillie. He has fallen madly in love with the new board and despite claiming there are no more leaks at the club he was very chilled about the Gary Holt situation and low and behold Holt was gone the very next day 🤔

Conclusion - I have no idea why that section was included if they don’t intend signing him but until Shadwell panics I’m staying relaxed. 

Why would he panic, he'll stop officially going and get comps?

25 minutes ago, joozy said:

It's really quite simple.  You're either ok with an unrepentant rapist leading the line for the team, or you're not.  If it's the former, then you're a wrong 'un.  You can hold your shitty opinion, but nobody else needs to respect it.  

End of the day if our new manager wants him and a deal can be done he will sign him.