The Falkirk FC Thread

If we sign goodwillie and he bangs in the goals then the I can’t complain. If he comes in and is an absolute jobber then it will be a new low for the club. Fingers crossed it’s the former and not the latter COYB

Jesus Christ that’s a bad take.

I think what Martindale was involved in before that means it will take more than 15 years of blameless conduct to make up for - the trade he was in will have negatively impacted hundreds more of people’s life’s both directly and indirectly.

I’m sure Martindale has been among the first to openly discuss the wider impact of his offending behaviour. He has clearly taken steps to live an offence-free lifestyle and his attitude merits an opportunity to succeed in his job. Would you deny Martindale a job in or out of football? If so, why?

Goodwillie, on the other hand, has continued to deny his behaviour.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Far as I'm aware it was all about done and dusted till the board knocked it back. As I said that was basically confirmed by deans saying that was the only time the board had gone against the manager 

I was joking Shadwell.

The amount of people on the Facebook page with young daughters plastered all over their profile whilst talking positively about this potential signing genuinely baffles me. As depressing as the football is currently it would absolutely kill me to not watch Falkirk every week but if we employed him then I would absolutely not put a single penny into the club. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Jesus Christ that’s a bad take.

I’m sure Martindale has been among the first to openly discuss the wider impact of his offending behaviour. He has clearly taken steps to live an offence-free lifestyle and his attitude merits an opportunity to succeed in his job. Would you deny Martindale a job in or out of football? If so, why?

Goodwillie, on the other hand, has continued to deny his behaviour.

Firstly I’m totally against Goodwillie signing - I agree with your point totally.

It’s not up to me to deny Martindale anything I’m just saying I don’t think he’s the martyr like many make out to be. He done very bad things to people.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Firstly I’m totally against Goodwillie signing - I agree with your point totally.

It’s not up to me to deny Martindale anything I’m just saying I don’t think he’s the martyr like many make out to be. He done very bad things to people.

Eh?

Nobody is saying that he's a martyr! Just that he's accepted he's done these (very bad) things, has paid his debt as society/the law demanded, and is now doing his best to be a positive member of society.

Of course he has, and it’ll stick with him. He’s probably still more synonymous with drugs and organised crime than he is with football. It’s just worth acknowledging the admission of guilt, sentence served, his current pro-social lifestyle and desistance from crime.

Those factors alone allow him to be separated from scumbags like Goodwillie, who have not admitted their guilt or served a sentence.

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty sure I read that she didn’t actually get much of that £100k compensation due to the costs involved in raising a civil action.
Some people have not got a clue….

It would be astonishing if there wasn't also an award of expenses against Goodwillie, as her action was successful. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sorry, cocaine trafficker!! Sincere apologies.

Look, I completely agree that dealers/traffickers are frankly c***s of the lowest order.

But we must, I think, allow people to recognise their errors and make amends as best they can. Otherwise you're back in some medieval hell.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Look, I completely agree that dealers/traffickers are frankly c***s of the lowest order.

But we must, I think, allow people to recognise their errors and make amends as best they can. Otherwise you're back in some medieval hell.

Absolutely- it’s just a personal opinion I have of people that move in that trade.

It would be astonishing if there wasn't also an award of expenses against Goodwillie, as her action was successful. 

Here we are:

“Lord Armstrong awarded me £100,000 – less than the players wanted to buy me off with – and most of it will be swallowed up by legal costs. I don’t mind though. All that matters is that I am vindicated.

“I wanted the truth to emerge and no amount of money would have bought my silence or made up for the suffering I, and my family, endured.”