The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Totally unrelated to the DGW crisis and a much lighter topic, but the club coming up for 150 years is absolutely wild. I’ll never not be amazed by the rich history of so many clubs in the Scottish game, especially the small teams like Falkirk who will be more up against it.  Just constant institutions throughout generations that continue to persist. Scottish football man. 

Here’s hoping we can make it till then 😂

I had an American pal come over a few years back. We were walking through Stirling and he asked what the number (1123 or something) was on the house wall. I said 'it's been there since 1123' and he just looked stunned. 

Forget sometimes how old Scotland is as a real country with actual institutions. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

By all means email the club and express your concerns, I have. I don’t see the point however in all of us here arguing about something that might never happen. Just my opinion though 😁

The club didnt help themselves with that sentence. Great statement otherwise and hopefully it was just poor wording.

“Our short-term priority is, of course, to support Martin and Kenny and give them the resources they need to put a winning team on the pitch. To do that, we’ll always make decisions we believe to be in the best interests of the club, whether those decisions are popular with all fans or unpopular with some. “

It’s clear to me this statement relates to supporting the management team and taking unpopular decisions re resources to put a winning team on the pitch.
I don’t think this can be construed as just taking difficult day to day business decisions as a board.
Can’t understand why a few on here are dismissing it’s relevance….

The board@falkirkfc email address used to be answered by Colin McFarlane.  Not sure whether the new board have taken this on or even have access to it.  If emailing them, probably best to email Swinney directly if there is an address (I can't see one).  

I'd be astonished if we go through with signing him.  There would be complete uproar and FSS subscription numbers as well as sponsorships would dry up.  

Its a very poorly worded paragraph if it means something different.  If groups like Patrons or FSS are going to succeed now is the time for them to speak up for the fans and make clear won't be signing him. 

Imagine you were a patron who'd just invested £10k to then see it spent on DGW wages 🤯

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That's a fair point - one of the points made in the aftermath of the Sarah Everard case was that flashing was under reported and under prosecuted and that it is a serious crime.  I absolutley agree.

What's worth saying about Lithgow is that he committed these offences when he was a teenager and, as noted, hasn't done anything comparable or even illegal in the slightest since.  It doesn't make what he did any better, it doesn't mitigate it but the fact is, like Martindale, he's had about 15 years of blameless conduct since.

I think what Martindale was involved in before that means it will take more than 15 years of blameless conduct to make up for - the trade he was in will have negatively impacted hundreds more of people’s life’s both directly and indirectly.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Been said by a few on here but has been avoided by those ITK. Have the directors actually consulted anyone on the viability of signing Goodwillie? 

Anyone else think that statement is there to make us all get ourselves worried that it's goodwillie, then someone/something unpopular but nowhere near as bad will get announced and we will all just be glad it's not goodwillie and it will get accepted a wee bit easier?

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, oot_the_loop said:

Anyone else think that statement is there to make us all get ourselves worried that it's goodwillie, then someone/something unpopular but nowhere near as bad will get announced and we will all just be glad it's not goodwillie and it will get accepted a wee bit easier?

Cumdog, Lafferty and Griffiths announced.

Dennon Lewis incoming…..[emoji3]

3 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Prince Andrew as the new chairman of the board ??

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The folk humming and hawing over this are just as bad btw. To me this isn't a grey area where someone can hold one point of view and another person another. He is at Clyde for a reason. No one else has signed him, despite his footballing pedigree, for a fucking reason. No club that signs a rapist will be a club of mine.

Reading the COYB page is almost enough to make you pack it in as well, with a mixture of fucking spice boys and flabby da's engaging in making the whole thing seem like a laugh, even discussing what chants they'd make for him. I don't actually consider myself touchy about most things but ffs, you just hope that none of them ever has someone close to them who experiences what Goodwillie did to that woman. As has been said on many occasions by many people, it's a steadfast reminder (if you ever needed any) that a depressingly large section of our support are incredibly dense.

To those saying its hysteria, what else are we supposed to do? As I've said before, it may be media talk, but we can't let the club know we don't want him AFTER we've signed him for f**k sake. It doesn't need an official club statement; someone from the Herald could interview Rennie. "Do you have any intention of signing him?" "No." That could be it. It isn't rocket science. I've emailed the club and hope many do the same. I hope it doesn't happen because it would permanently tarnish my feelings for a club I've supported since I was a kid.

Spot on! 

12 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Lafferty