The Falkirk FC Thread

sent an email to the club earlier expressing my fears for the club if we sign Goodwillie.  Jamie Swinney replied saying he has forwarded the email to the board.   It will not make any difference but wanted to have my little voice heard.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Lithgow was convicted of serious offences and it no doubt had a bearing on his release from Hearts.  Lithgow plead guilty and completed his punishment and, as far as we know, has lead a blameless life since.  

Martindale was again convicted of serious offences, he plead guilty and by all accounts has separated himself from crime since than - more than 15 years ago.  Not only has he served his sentence, he has paid back his proceeds of crime order fully.  He has worked his way up in football and shown himself to be of good character.

Griffiths has been convicted several times of minor criminal offences receiving fines.  They cast doubt on his character, he's clearly got a few attitude problems, but I don't think they would meet the test of stopping someone playing football for a living.

Goodwillie was found responsible for one of the most serious offences you can be - rape is second only to murder in terms of it's seriousness.  People get sentenced to life in prison for rape.  He also hasn't accepted any responsibility for it, he has repeatedly denied the facts of the case as established by the court.  

So Lithgow and Martindale - both convicted of serious offences but have accepted it, served punishments and shown themselves not to be bad characters.  Griffiths, probably a bad character but only been convicted of lower level crimes that probably wouldn't be a bar to someone getting a professional football contacts (although the racist chanting at another player is probably borderline, I think if that happened today it would be taken a lot more seriously than it was).

Goodwillie - found responsible for the most serious offence of any of those people and has accepted no responsiblity for it.  

I totally understand why clubs would want to sign him from a footballing standpoint - I'm no expert but he's probably the best striker playing at the lower two levels of Scottish football, clubs like Falkirk and Raith won't have a better chance to get a player like him.  But from a moral standpoint I think he's beyond the pale.  I would be raging if Caley signed him or tried to.

Lithgow's a major no no too. I mean sitting in your car wanking at young mothers pushing their prams going by.  That's seriously fecked up whether he's served his time or not.

21 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

If the guy is going to continue to play down the dereliction of moral duty by trying to engage in naff whataboutery, he could at least try and be accurate when he does so, rather than making up a load of old cobblers. 

Thanks for your valuable fact-checking bud. There's the door.

sent an email to the club earlier expressing my fears for the club if we sign Goodwillie.  Jamie Swinney replied saying he has forwarded the email to the board.   It will not make any difference but wanted to have my little voice heard.
What email did you use?

1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

I have to say i was pretty indifferent on signing Goodwillie but after reading the judgment I am completely against the idea.

The evidence is damning.

It's a bit like that Hitler guy. The more I read about him, the more unpleasant he seems.

4 minutes ago, Baggio said:
16 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

What email did you use?

liam@falkirkfc.co.uk  Got it from the contacts page of the club website under "football administration"

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it will be a mixture of ST holders, former ST holders, people who have ordered FFCTV, hospitality and merchandise customers and sponsors database. 

Cheers. I fall under three of those categories and didn’t get it, but I’m sure it will always be posted here or on Facebook anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

If we sign goodwillie and he bangs in the goals then the I can’t complain. If he comes in and is an absolute jobber then it will be a new low for the club. Fingers crossed it’s the former and not the latter COYB

Well no, because he'd still be a rapist. Some things are bigger than football.

17 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Cheers. I fall under three of those categories and didn’t get it, but I’m sure it will always be posted here or on Facebook anyway. 

Have you ever given the club your email address or do you rely on postal? You can contact them and update your details, I done exactly this and receive all the emailed communications now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.