The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The FSS only make up 25% of the BOD so I tend not to conflate the two, after the elections there can be no argument the two reps who have been elected by the fans are there democratically to speak for us. To that end it would be counter productive not to invest in the FSS specifically if the BOD are taking decisions you disagree with as it is your only route to replacing the decisions makers within that board with people you agree with. Why you’ve brought up the FSS I’ve no idea……As to your point about the board not quashing a rumour reported in a tabloid newspaper I’m in agreement with shadwell, it’s storm in a tea cup stuff over a throw away story that I seriously doubt. I don’t think it’s the BOD’s place to be dishing out club statements every two seconds on stuff like that as Mr Deans done which to me always seemed was to self promote for his own ends, it’s something I did not like. You obviously disagree with that which is fine, I’m not going to loose any sleep over it. 

Did the old board release a statement regarding goodwillie? I can remember them saying he wouldn't be getting signed when asked the question at verious board q and a etc but can't remember if they ever put out a statement.

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did the old board release a statement regarding goodwillie? I can remember them saying he wouldn't be getting signed when asked the question at verious board q and a etc but can't remember if they ever put out a statement.

We did in a way, yes. I’m guessing this was tactical to kill any hysteria within the support.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/bairns-boss-rules-out-move-striker-david-goodwillie-1355484?amp

Edited by TedCrilly

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

No we weren’t. McCracken also killed the rumours early doors in a post match interview.

We were so. There was numerous people on here telling us he'd signed including many Clyde fans.  Think m and m were very keen to sign him but the board refused to sanction it and that was backed up by deans at a q and a.

The FSS only make up 25% of the BOD so I tend not to conflate the two, after the elections there can be no argument the two reps who have been elected by the fans are there democratically to speak for us. To that end it would be counter productive not to invest in the FSS specifically if the BOD are taking decisions you disagree with as it is your only route to replacing the decisions makers within that board with people you agree with. Why you’ve brought up the FSS I’ve no idea……As to your point about the board not quashing a rumour reported in a tabloid newspaper I’m in agreement with shadwell, it’s storm in a tea cup stuff over a throw away story that I seriously doubt. I don’t think it’s the BOD’s place to be dishing out club statements every two seconds on stuff like that as Mr Deans done which to me always seemed was to self promote for his own ends, it’s something I did not like. You obviously disagree with that which is fine, I’m not going to loose any sleep over it. 

Firstly, at no point have I said I am pulling my money out so the repetitive lecture isn’t needed in my case.[emoji16]
Secondly, they just released a comprehensive statement in which they gauged the feelings of the fans towards Holt, FSS etc, but did not take the opportunity to quash the DGW chat with a single line about our community and family values, but instead fuelled the rumour.
Not helpful.

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's also a strong correlation, across both Falkirk and the Rovers, between support for signing David Goodwillie and an inability to use correct spelling and punctuation. 

... and abbreviations.

Can we all agree it's just DG as his name isn't double-barrelled 😒

Hopefully we won't have to use it on many topics in the future!

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

We did in a way, yes. I’m guessing this was tactical to kill any hysteria within the support.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/bairns-boss-rules-out-move-striker-david-goodwillie-1355484?amp

Deans was asked at a q and a and said that goodwillie was the one time the board had refused to sanction a managers wish to sign a player.  

A lot of Hysteria about cryptic messages from the board. 
Is everybody forgetting that IF Goodwillie signs, it is because our new management team also want him?

Yes. But there’s no way that can happen without board sanction…and they are ultimately accountable for such a strategic decision.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes. But there’s no way that can happen without board sanction…and they are ultimately accountable for such a strategic decision.

They are but you can't possibly say you would support the new management team if they themsleves want to sign a player you wouldn't like on such strong moral grounds?

That in itself would be hypocritical.

Even if by some push we did want to sign him where are we going to get the cash to pay Clyde for him?  He's got 18 months of his contract to go and Lennon has already said that they won't let him go on the cheap. Considering the fact is we need far more than one or two players in the door I doubt we'll be paying any transfer fees for anyone.

They are but you can't possibly say you would support the new management team if they themsleves want to sign a player you wouldn't like on such strong moral grounds?
That in itself would be hypocritical.

I don’t red dot anyone on here for saying they want us to sign DGW. That’s a personal point of view I disagree with.
What I don’t want is it be be a club decision to sign him. That’s a fundamental moral decision that the club has taken. And the custodians of that decision is ultimately our board who have the ability to stop it happening.

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Signing Goodwillie would be the single biggest mistake by any BOD since the formation of the club. I sincerely hope this remains a rumour without any substance.

I've got to disagree there and I wouldn't agree with it but the club would move on just like it always has.  whilst on here the vast majority are against it it's probably more like 50/50 or even 60/40 in favour over the whole support.People will stop going perhaps some may never go back others will depending on how the club is doing or if he leaves.  Bods and players come and go but the clubs bigger than either of those sets and will continue to exist even if we sign goodwillie.  Some mistakes in the past have threatened the whole existence of the club .

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Firstly, at no point have I said I am pulling my money out so the repetitive lecture isn’t needed in my case.emoji16.png
Secondly, they just released a comprehensive statement in which they gauged the feelings of the fans towards Holt, FSS etc, but did not take the opportunity to quash the DGW chat with a single line about our community and family values, but instead fuelled the rumour.
Not helpful.

If I’ve I misinterpreted your suggestions regarding FSS then my apologies, I just don’t understand why the need to even bring up the suggestion of keeping your money in or out as I don’t see how it is relevant to the David Goodwillie debate.   

This is a serious question and I am not fishing honestly; What is Falkirk’s financial situation at the moment?

After pay off for Holt and the previous management team, Pay new Manager and Kenny Miller and remain full time… sign I assume 2-3 players in the window and then pay what, I would hope a proper valuation for David Goodwillie plus his wages. Would this put huge financial pressure on the club.

As I say I’m not trying to wind anyone up here and if Goodwillie goes then he goes do with huge thanks from me. He has been a fantastic servant and in fact Clyde probably owe it’s very existence to him, he has been that good. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

If I’ve I misinterpreted your suggestions regarding FSS then my apologies, I just don’t understand why the need to even bring up the suggestion of keeping your money in or out as I don’t see how it is relevant to the David Goodwillie debate.   

I can see the reasoning for fans who don’t want to be associated with the club in any way.
I’m not in that place just now but the DGW possibility isn’t helpful….

I have to say i was pretty indifferent on signing Goodwillie but after reading the judgment I am completely against the idea.

The evidence is damning.

With respect, what did you know beforehand, and what did you think of it?

A judge, having considered the evidence, handing a £100k compensation order is pretty damning before you have to read any evidence.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It's not entirely irrelevant. 

There's many fans who wouldn't attend games if he signs. And that could be for what...3 years. So are you going to continue to pay FSS monthly if you can't/won't attend games. Maybe, but it's  harder for people to justify I think.