The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have a recollection that you stated that you would treat this board in the same way you did previous.
It’s time to stop defending them on everything.
We need you back….emoji16.png

Is there something in specific they have done you feel they need hounded out for? 

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have a recollection that you stated that you would treat this board in the same way you did previous.
It’s time to stop defending them on everything.
We need you back….emoji16.png

If they do something that I disagree with I will then let rip but up till now they haven't and I'm not going to no sleep at night worrying about signing goodwillie because a couple of tabloids said we were.  

Is there something in specific they have done you feel they need hounded out for? 

Well given that I signed up to FSS I’m not hostile am I?
But to answer your question at this moment…Yes. Not putting this DGW chat to bed once and for all and continuing to let bad blood fester around the club as a consequence.
I’ve no idea what anyone on here is thinking when they say we should not be doing anything as a club to close this ‘rumour’down.
Quite simply we should be putting something out to say that we are a family club and will always act with those interests at heart. That doesn’t mention DGW but surely kills off the possibility of anyone believing we will sign him.

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Yes it is. The rumours have far more to them this time.

If he signs, they are immoral, and I am completely finished with the club for years.

If he doesn't sign, that statement is like Holt has snuck in and thrown a line out to cause panic. I've known well a victim of sexual assault. This episode makes me feel physically sick. Meanwhile, the board remain silent (apart from this line).

How have the rumours had more to them? They've been no more than a couple of lines in the tabloids FFS. No quotes nothing substantial. Just Falkirk are interested blah blah blah.

If they do something that I disagree with I will then let rip but up till now they haven't and I'm not going to no sleep at night worrying about signing goodwillie because a couple of tabloids said we were.  
One tabloid, little story. Next tabloid, slightly bigger story....

Board statement with glaringly obvious and otherwise slightly puzzling line about unpopular decisions.....

Waiting until the board have done this is too late. And momentum is quite obviously gathering behind the rumour.

Folk giving it this is worrying about nothing are the delusional ones here.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

... The bod haven't put out near enough Comms I'm fuming ...

I'll focus on the mundane and ignore the potentially explosive part of the update - disregarding my issues with receiving the email - this is a B+

Good effort but should be broadcast to a wider audience.

For example, the fans weren't told about Gary Holt by email 🤨

I want to keep supporting Falkirk, I really do. 35 years I've been going, sold programmes at Brockville for my first job so I could still go to matches.

If these rumours are just that then great. If they aren't, he signs and I didn't speak up, what am I supposed to do then? Just shrug my shoulders and toddle off to Ikea on a Saturday? No, this is my club as much as anyone else's and it makes me sick to the stomach that this signing is even a possibility.

We have to make ourselves heard and be "hysterical" on this issue, if that is what it is going to take .

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One tabloid, little story. Next tabloid, slightly bigger story....

Board statement with glaringly obvious and otherwise slightly puzzling line about unpopular decisions.....

Waiting until the board have done this is too late. And momentum is quite obviously gathering behind the rumour.

Folk giving it this is worrying about nothing are the delusional ones here.

Tabloid story. You said it. No quotes from anyone nothing concrete at all just 4 or 5 lines and yet we have mass hysteria on here.   Time will tell if we're the delusional ones or simply not jumping on the bandwagon because of a rumour and couple of lines in a statement.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tabloid story. You said it. No quotes from anyone nothing concrete at all just 4 or 5 lines and yet we have mass hysteria on here.   Time will tell if we're the delusional ones or simply not jumping on the bandwagon because of a rumour and couple of lines in a statement.

Shad, although I agree with your sentiments, this is the one issue where I think the fans should be pro-active and go mental. No point going mental after the deal is done.

The BoD need to know the depth of feeling on this one.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Unfortunately I have heard from a couple of different sources that the club have definitely looked into the possibility of signing Goodwillie.

Whether or not they go through with it remains to be seen.

Just now, Zbairn said:

Shad, although I agree with your sentiments, this is the one issue where I think the fans should be pro-active and go mental. No point going mental after the deal is done.

The BoD need to know the depth of feeling on this one.

If you believe that the statement is regarding goodwillie which is still a a heck of a long shot if you ask me then surely it's no going to matter a feck anyway.   The decision will have been made and no emailing or going mental on here is going to make one bit of difference.  The statement as you take it means they will sign goodwillie  whether it pisses a section of fans off or not.  I'm far from convinced he's going to sign so I'm certainly not going to start going mental .

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Well given that I signed up to FSS I’m not hostile am I?
But to answer your question at this moment…Yes. Not putting this DGW chat to bed once and for all and continuing to let bad blood fester around the club as a consequence.
I’ve no idea what anyone on here is thinking when they say we should not be doing anything as a club to close this ‘rumour’down.
Quite simply we should be putting something out to say that we are a family club and will always act with those interests at heart. That doesn’t mention DGW but surely kills off the possibility of anyone believing we will sign him.

The FSS only make up 25% of the BOD so I tend not to conflate the two, after the elections there can be no argument the two reps who have been elected by the fans are there democratically to speak for us. To that end it would be counter productive not to invest in the FSS specifically if the BOD are taking decisions you disagree with as it is your only route to replacing the decisions makers within that board with people you agree with. Why you’ve brought up the FSS I’ve no idea……As to your point about the board not quashing a rumour reported in a tabloid newspaper I’m in agreement with shadwell, it’s storm in a tea cup stuff over a throw away story that I seriously doubt. I don’t think it’s the BOD’s place to be dishing out club statements every two seconds on stuff like that as Mr Deans always done which to me always seemed was in self promotion of his own name and profile for his own personal ends and not benefiting the club, it’s something I did not like. You obviously disagree with that which is fine, I’m not going to loose any sleep over it. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately I have heard from a couple of different sources that the club have definitely looked into the possibility of signing Goodwillie.

Whether or not they go through with it remains to be seen.

We were told he'd signed for us when miller and McCracken were the managers.

Guest TedCrilly
Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

We were told he'd signed for us when miller and McCracken were the managers.

No we weren’t. McCracken also killed the rumours early doors in a post match interview.

31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I find it very worrying from a societal point of view that 90% of the folk who seem to think it would be a a great signing and that Goodwillie has done nothing wrong seem to be of the 20-something LadsLadsLads sleeve tattoo brigade.

There's also a strong correlation, across both Falkirk and the Rovers, between support for signing David Goodwillie and an inability to use correct spelling and punctuation.