The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Shadwell is going to be fuming when he sees all this hysteria.

I've given up bothering now. The slightest thing sends folk into panic stations on here. Would anybody be bothered about the statement if the tabloids hadnt come up with the goodwillie story. I doubt anyone would give a feck. Boards have to make tough decisions that won't suit everyone that is certainly true and doesn't mean for one moment that it means goodwillie is going to sign. It's paranoia central on here.  I'm against signing him but I'm not going to wet my knickers over stories in the tabloids and a couple of lines in what I thought was an excellent statement. 

There is always the possibility that the statement was well intentioned and we are just being hysterical over nothing.  That however, would be pure incompetence to not cross check and consider the implications of public statements, otherwise they're just repeating the same mistakes as all their predecessors!

Guest TedCrilly
3 minutes ago, some_guy said:

There is always the possibility that the statement was well intentioned and we are just being hysterical over nothing.  That however, would be pure incompetence to not cross check and consider the implications of public statements, otherwise they're just repeating the same mistakes as all their predecessors!

Knowing how anxious the fans are over this potential signing I find this part of the statement totally bizarre if it’s not about Goodwillie. I’m not sure what else would be worth mentioning? A player sale perhaps?

Edited by TedCrilly

I actually think the Goodwillie situation is bourn out of desperation.

The new Board have come in and discovered that the club is virtually fucked and that escape from League 1 is absolutely essential in the very short term.

Insufficient cash to buy a decent striker from further up the leagues so the Raploch Romeo is seen as the nuclear option.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If it isn't teeing up the signing then it's still absolutely fucking stupid.

Incompetent or immoral, take your pick. 

You what? If it turns out we don't sign goodwillie then I don't see a thing wrong with the statement .  Signing him may be immoral and may turn out to be incompetent but the statement certainly isn't for god's sake.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

I actually think the Goodwillie situation is bourn out of desperation.

The new Board have come in and discovered that the club is virtually fucked and that escape from League 1 is absolutely essential in the very short term.

Insufficient cash to buy a decent striker from further up the leagues so the Raploch Romeo is seen as the nuclear option.

Agreed. Had this discussion with someone recently re why any club would take on the baggage of Goodwillie etc. It would be a club who is completely and utterly desperate. Falkirk may well be in that position.

I'm guessing a large part of this must be that Rennie and/or Miller are really keen to sign him, and the BoD want to let the management team decide on the make up of the squad (eg "ultimately it is their decision" or words to that effect). We need to have checks and balances - I wish we'd had that when Hartley was signing the sleeve tattoo brigade for example!

I'm resigned to this happening now unfortunately. If it goes through before Saturday they'll be getting back the ticket I got in the ballot for the Dumbarton game.

You what? If it turns out we don't sign goodwillie then I don't see a thing wrong with the statement .  Signing him may be immoral and may turn out to be incompetent but the statement certainly isn't for god's sake.

Sorry Shadwell, but just about everyone on here has read that line in the statement and formed the same likely conclusion.
Given the current mood and reporting by multiple media outlets, why can’t you see why it’s caused a lot of concern?
If it’s unfounded, great, but otherwise in the current climate, it’s poor and incompetent wording in an otherwise excellent statement..

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes it is. The rumours have far more to them this time.

If he signs, they are immoral, and I am completely finished with the club for years.

If he doesn't sign, that statement is like Holt has snuck in and thrown a line out to cause panic. I've known well a victim of sexual assault. This episode makes me feel physically sick. Meanwhile, the board remain silent (apart from this line).

Jesus god. 

The bod haven't sacked Holt yet I'm fuming. 

The bod sack Holt.

The bod haven't put out near enough Comms I'm fuming

The bod put out an extensive statement.

The statement shouldnt be like that because there was rumours in the sun we might be signing goodwillie I'm fuming.

The next set of candidates for board reps are going to be few and far between if this is what it's going to be like in the new board model.

🙈🙈🙈

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think we need to ride this one out before making judgements. It may turn out to be nothing. If we sign him though that’s me done.

I get what you're saying in that we can't condemn them for something that hasn't happened yet. But if you enjoy going to watch Falkirk on a Saturday and this would stop you from doing that, surely it's better to try and communicate what the impact would be to the club before they make the bad decision?

Eveything at the moment is supposition.

I think the BoD know the split it would cause. They read this and know it.

I'm with Shad and not going to go mental until it's a fact.  

Apart from that, I thought the statement was a pretty well thought out one.

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I find it very worrying from a societal point of view that 90% of the folk who seem to think it would be a a great signing and that Goodwillie has done nothing wrong seem to be of the 20-something LadsLadsLads sleeve tattoo brigade.

Jesus god. 
The bod haven't sacked Holt yet I'm fuming. 
The bod sack Holt.
The bod haven't put out near enough Comms I'm fuming
The bod put out an extensive statement.
The statement shouldnt be like that because there was rumours in the sun we might be signing goodwillie I'm fuming.
The next set of candidates for board reps are going to be few and far between if this is what it's going to be like in the new board model.
[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

I have a recollection that you stated that you would treat this board in the same way you did previous.
It’s time to stop defending them on everything.
We need you back….[emoji16]

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I get what you're saying in that we can't condemn them for something that hasn't happened yet. But if you enjoy going to watch Falkirk on a Saturday and this would stop you from doing that, surely it's better to try and communicate what the impact would be to the club before they make the bad decision?

On a lighter note, I go to watch Falkirk on a Saturday but it’s a long time since I’ve enjoyed it mate !!

I actually thought that was an excellent statement, seems genuinely heart felt but with a systematic plan in place. Then I come and read this crazy hysteria from certain posters on here over a couple of lines that I 100% agree with, of course the board will be required to make unpopular decisions at times! If they become narcissistic and treat it like a personal popularity contest they won’t be doing they’re jobs correctly. That doesn’t mean we are going to sign DGW!…..how people can read between the lines to that extent seems absolutely mental. It just becomes a bangeagon, one poster lights the touch paper and all the sheep follow. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I actually thought that was an excellent statement, seems genuinely heart felt but with a systematic plan in place. Then I come and read this crazy hysteria from certain posters on here over a couple of lines that I 100% agree with, of course the board will be required to make unpopular decisions at times! If they become narcissistic and treat it like a personal popularity contest they won’t be doing they’re jobs correctly. That doesn’t mean we are going to sign DGW!…..how people can read between the lines to that extent seems absolutely mental. It just becomes a bangeagon, one poster lights the touch paper and all the sheep follow. 

What will you think if we sign DGW?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Sorry Shadwell, but just about everyone on here has read that line in the statement and formed the same likely conclusion.
Given the current mood and reporting by multiple media outlets, why can’t you see why it’s caused a lot of concern?
If it’s unfounded, great, but otherwise in the current climate, it’s poor and incompetent wording in an otherwise excellent statement..

The bod aren't going to give a feck about a few lines in a bloody tabloid . Raith never brought out any statements regarding the whole thing either when they were linked to him even stronger than we were.  There is still absolutely nothing concrete anywhere to say we are signing him.

Baaaa!

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Mehhhhhhhhh