The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Where's these signings at? Given we'll most likely persist with the 3-4-1-2 we need a right sided centre back, a right wing back for when Williamson's out(98% of the time) a centre midfielder to play in the middle of the park with Telfer, a striker and possibly another number 10 to given us options off the bench. 

Right sided centre back - Lewis Neilson? Although he started for Dundee United in their last game.
Right wing back - Adam Devine? Rangers u21 player who likes to get forward.
Centre midfielder - Not got a scooby but someone with a bit of dig and energy so Telfer can be allowed to go change games further forward.
Number 10 - Kai Kennedy? Just been recalled from his loan at the Scum for not playing enough.
Striker - Jamie Gullan? Never really seen much action at Hibs and given they are apparently due to sign the Norweigan striker surely be looking to offload him.

Don’t think Kai Kennedy is much of a shout.

Morrison, Nesbit or even Telfer can play that role also described as a bit of a luxury player who seldom performed to expectations over  on the Dunfermline page.

Just received my ticket for Saturday so would like to be watching some decent new additions.

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Where's these signings at? Given we'll most likely persist with the 3-4-1-2 we need a right sided centre back, a right wing back for when Williamson's out(98% of the time) a centre midfielder to play in the middle of the park with Telfer, a striker and possibly another number 10 to given us options off the bench. 

Right sided centre back - Lewis Neilson? Although he started for Dundee United in their last game.
Right wing back - Adam Devine? Rangers u21 player who likes to get forward.
Centre midfielder - Not got a scooby but someone with a bit of dig and energy so Telfer can be allowed to go change games further forward.
Number 10 - Kai Kennedy? Just been recalled from his loan at the Scum for not playing enough.
Striker - Jamie Gullan? Never really seen much action at Hibs and given they are apparently due to sign the Norweigan striker surely be looking to offload him.

Every single one of them will end up at least one tier above you.

Will the game definitely go ahead this weekend? We obviously had last week called off due to COVID, the knock on from that would be few players training this week. 
Playing devil’s advocate here but if we sign a number of players this week then we may be forced to play a game on Saturday with a team that has been thrown together last minute in front of a reduced crowd. Waiting until next week may not be the worst idea

5 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Will the game definitely go ahead this weekend? We obviously had last week called off due to COVID, the knock on from that would be few players training this week. 
Playing devil’s advocate here but if we sign a number of players this week then we may be forced to play a game on Saturday with a team that has been thrown together last minute in front of a reduced crowd. Waiting until next week may not be the worst idea

I'm looking at it more from the point of playing as few games as possible whilst crowds are restricted. Given Holt is now away, if we get a few new bodies in to give us some form of optimism then it may add a few more walk ups on to the gates in the 2nd half of the season.

Guest Caractacus Potts

In all seriousness I’m all for removing toxic people out of the club. I know nothing of AT other than what’s been said here but it doesn’t sound great and for our club to move forward we need a proper clear out.

I do find it a bit amusing that we couldn’t question what Gary Holt was still doing at the club a couple of days ago but it’s suddenly ok to talk about why another person is still involved with the club.

Can we not just agree that everything is worth discussing, as is the purpose of such forums? 

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You'd have said the same about Luca Connell, Connor Smith or Cammy Ballantyne in the summer. Yet they all ended up in our league.

Queen Parks are paying an absolute fortune for Connell, and are likely doing the same for Smith. Ballantyne wanted to return to Montrose as he trusts Petrie to develop him.

Neilson is on the verge of United line up and they're likely to sell the player in front of him this month. Kennedy clearly won't be dropping to this level, while Gullan is being linked with Premiership sides and half the Championship.

By all accounts Devine is now Rangers back up RB.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Queen Parks are paying an absolute fortune for Connell, and are likely doing the same for Smith. Ballantyne wanted to return to Montrose as he trusts Petrie to develop him.

Neilson is on the verge of United line up and they're likely to sell the player in front of him this month. Kennedy clearly won't be dropping to this level, while Gullan is being linked with Premiership sides and half the Championship.

By all accounts Devine is now Rangers back up RB.

So what you're saying is of the three players I mentioned you never expected any of them to be playing at this level? Yet somehow they are...

1 hour ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

Who resigned …..

Surely if the behaviour is that bad , its relatively simple to restrict his access etc and involvement to the bare minimum……

Who else is involved in the concerts is he needed in terms of logistics and organisation ? 

Have you been living under a stone or something for the last year or so? 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

So what you're saying is of the three players I mentioned you never expected any of them to be playing at this level? Yet somehow they are...

Yes. 2 to a side paying upper Championship wages, with Connell on Premiership wages, and another where the player specifically chose that club due to the manager.

I'd be amazed if Falkirk will chuck huge sums at an unproven youth loan, and Rennie likely doesn't have the pull yet to convince a player to sign over teams higher up.

14 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

In all seriousness I’m all for removing toxic people out of the club. I know nothing of AT other than what’s been said here but it doesn’t sound great and for our club to move forward we need a proper clear out.

I do find it a bit amusing that we couldn’t question what Gary Holt was still doing at the club a couple of days ago but it’s suddenly ok to talk about why another person is still involved with the club.

Can we not just agree that everything is worth discussing, as is the purpose of such forums? 

I'm not having a go at the board re AT still being there though or booting the boot in.  I was patient re Holt and I'm also going to be patient re AT. The club won't be changed overnight. I'm confident as I was with Holt that the new boys will weed folk like him out in due time.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Have you been living under a stone or something for the last year or so? 

Not quite under a stone but Yes In a little cave , very palatial ….. 

Which one resigned because of AT?
 there have been a lot of directors leaving of late encase you hadn’t noticed .

Given your distain for the last board , I would have thought you would have wanted ringside seats with popcorn to see two of them fight it out 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. 2 to a side paying upper Championship wages, with Connell on Premiership wages, and another where the player specifically chose that club due to the manager.

I'd be amazed if Falkirk will chuck huge sums at an unproven youth loan, and Rennie likely doesn't have the pull yet to convince a player to sign over teams higher up.

Kenny miller might tho ?

Edited by hopestreetpuddle

12 minutes ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

Not quite under a stone but Yes In a little cave , very palatial ….. 

Which one resigned because of AT?
 there have been a lot of directors leaving of late encase you hadn’t noticed .

Given your distain for the last board , I would have thought you would have wanted ringside seats with popcorn to see two of them fight it out 

It wasnt of late it was a couple of years ago but he still shouldn't be anywhere near the club.

Kevin Beattie the one who Thomson threatened to assault was actually one of the few decent individuals on the old board.  Funnily enough he didn't last long and resigned after being bullied and threatened by AT and other individuals.