The Falkirk FC Thread

I really really hope this is just a case of lazy journalism and there's no substance to these rumours.

My daughter (10) and neice (6) both have steps with their names saying 'Proud To Be A Bairn' in the main stand. I also have 1 of the bricks outside which says 'U R My Falkirk'. If we sign that rapist I can hand on heart say I am done with this club and the only time I will ever set foot in the stadium again would be with a crowbar to remove those step plates.

It no longer feels like my Falkirk

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

With that in mind ,given the depth of feeling either way a signing like this isn’t really “ everyone pulling together “ , what  if any representations have you made to the board on what clearly is a big issue  

I honestly can't believe anyone thinks we will sign Goodwillie for 1. any credibility/dignity the club has left will be well and truly gone and 2. we won't pay a fee for him unless they want Jamie Wilson in return.

so lets be real about this it won't happen.

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Just saw the FSS update, 50 people joined today and they're up to 270 now. What's a realistic goal for membership?

Well, Hearts have 9,000 members at £10 a month but with the benefit of unity against a single common enemy (liquidation).

We don’t have that singularity of purpose, so knock 50% off for no rallying call to arms, and then factor in scale (say we are 20% of them in terms of support), and then drop another 10% to cover affluence, and I reckon 800 is the kind of membership we could expect to build over a year or two.

That would be 800 tenners as per Hearts, so £8k a month.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

42 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, Hearts have 9,000 members at £10 a month but with the benefit of unity against a single common enemy (liquidation).

We don’t have that singularity of purpose, so knock 50% off for no rallying call to arms, and then factor in scale (say we are 20% of them in terms of support), and then drop another 10% to cover affluence, and I reckon 800 is the kind of membership we could expect to build over a year or two.

That would be 800 tenners as per Hearts, so £8k a month.

The Hearts for life scheme is actually £20 a month I think, which makes the 9k members even more impressive. It’s totally transformed that club and built a brand new multi purpose state of the art stand as well, I’d like to think in the long term we could achieve something similar relatively but reading some of the comments on here I’m not sure if our support can see the potential, understand the separate identity of the FSS or even have the will/appetite for it to work. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

There appear to be a few on here that want people to hold off making an issue of this as nothing has happened yet.
So when should we complain then?
When he’s actually signed!…

Now is the time ….. 

Email the board and if you have signed on the dotted line with the FSS , they should also be emailed as that is the point of them is it not ? 

What a day! Euphoria at the departure of the wicked witch followed by anger at the thought of signing the Prince of Darkness. Can some fans not cope with happiness ?
The Big problem with fan ownership is people threatening to pull out for anything they think is wrong. If you play that Ben Hall again I want nothing to do with the club. I am not paying that diddies wages. Sounds far fetched but this can happen

52 minutes ago, Scott said:

I really really hope this is just a case of lazy journalism and there's no substance to these rumours.

My daughter (10) and neice (6) both have steps with their names saying 'Proud To Be A Bairn' in the main stand. I also have 1 of the bricks outside which says 'U R My Falkirk'. If we sign that rapist I can hand on heart say I am done with this club and the only time I will ever set foot in the stadium again would be with a crowbar to remove those step plates.

It no longer feels like my Falkirk

Why would you believe anything printed in the Sun? Why would your CLub lower themselves to comment on an unfounded rumour? I have no idea re the facts here, but what I do know is the only thing you should believe in the Sun is the date- and I would even check that!

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
26 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
What a day! Euphoria at the departure of the wicked witch followed by anger at the thought of signing the Prince of Darkness. Can some fans not cope with happiness ?

The Big problem with fan ownership is people threatening to pull out for anything they think is wrong. If you play that Ben Hall again I want nothing to do with the club. I am not paying that diddies wages. Sounds far fetched but this can happen

Aye but that isn’t what this is.

Edited by Hughsie

4 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
27 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I agree but there are examples of other clubs having a fan base that have pulled it off successfully be it either joint or full ownership. 

3 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Why would you believe anything printed in the Sun? Why would your CLub lower themselves to comment on an unfounded rumour? I have no idea re the facts here, but what I do know is the only thing you should believe in the Sun is the date- and I would even check that!

Thats a fair point and like I've said I'm hopeful it's just unsubstantiated lazy journalism, although it's more than 1 media source making the claim. However I've not said a thing about expecting the club to make an announcement on it. I have however stated my feelings on it as a supporter and father and have emailed the club aswell even if it turns out to be a sh*te non story. Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to Falkirk FC so I think it's important to make our feelings known. No point shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

Just to add some wild thoughts to the meltdown on here.... what if a an ex-employee of a club called a number of  journo contacts with a non story to get small retribution for feeling they have been hard done by as they felt the job they were doing was a success, therefore sending the support into froth against a new board who pulled the pin on said employee... or have I been influenced by watching to many of the crap films on the box over the last few weeks?