The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Because we have a new bod? We know what the last lot thought about it, we don't know know what the new lot do.

Their fans of the club just like they knew Holt had to go they know the feelings of the support regarding goodwillie. It's not deans who hadnt been near the stadium before popping up on the bod.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Their fans of the club just like they knew Holt had to go they know the feelings of the support regarding goodwillie. It's not deans who hadnt been near the stadium before popping up on the bod.

Oh, that's ok then. I was getting concerned for a moment there.

I don't have the time or energy to look and quote examples, but I'm fairly certain that there has been numerous instances in the past where clubs have released a statement to dismiss a rumour - this is surely the right time for us to follow that example.

I hate to say it but I honestly don’t think the majority of the fan base would be against the signing. In fact, I think about 70% would probably be all for it. 

Personally I don’t want him at the club but I know plenty who have told me they’d have him. 

1 minute ago, some_guy said:

I don't have the time or energy to look and quote examples, but I'm fairly certain that there has been numerous instances in the past where clubs have released a statement to dismiss a rumour - this is surely the right time for us to follow that example.

We'd need to do it every transfer window till he retires.  

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I hate to say it but I honestly don’t think the majority of the fan base would be against the signing. In fact, I think about 70% would probably be all for it. 

Personally I don’t want him at the club but I know plenty who have told me they’d have him. 

Responses on that FB page to the story would suggest you might be correct here! 

7 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

This new BOD model is going to be a hell of a ride.

Can only speak for myself but there won't be anything as emotive as this for me with the BoD model as it is now. Fan ownership and involvement is 100% a good thing. 

Guest Back Post Misses

FWIW I personally wouldn’t sign him, but it is not for me to decide. 
I also think it should be a football decision, and I am not so sure paying a fee for a 33 year old is worth the money. 
I also don’t think that many fans will turn their back on the club if we were to sign him. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Just now, Rocco said:

See when we left Brockville there were a good few fans who stopped going to games because they felt detached from the club. I felt myself that it was a bit like supporting a different club due to the change and relocation of the stadium (not to mention the Awfulview season). Our support seems to have ben growing however and would have done so even more if wasn't for the clusterfuck that the last few seasons have been and I think that's mainly due to the growth of population in the area. The vast majority of these new fans won't have the same emotional attachment that many on here do and probably wouldn't bat an eyelid at Goodwillie signing.

Is it possible that Rennie and Miller were brought in on the premise that Holt would soon be gone once legalities were sorted and therefore first team matters would be solely down to them?

Also, hope his laddie spits the dummy and foxtrots off too!