The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bigbri Bairn said:

If we need a striker bid Kyle Lafferty has just left his Turkish club. 34 years of age so not much difference

Lafferty is a greedy b*****d, he wanted ridiculous cash to stay with Killie after they got relegated, and he's got baggage aswell. Granted he's not a rapist but still. 

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

I won’t be taking my money out but I’ll be a bit miffed if the Holt news today was timed to soften the blow re DGW…

1 minute ago, StuartA said:

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

Money from FSS ultimately goes to the club. People will lose interest in/stop following the club if we sign Goodwillie. Why would they continue to put money in through FSS?

I'm on edge until the window closes but surely to christ they aren't going to follow up news which is as universally well received as Holt going by signing Goodwillie, which could generously be described as "splitting the fanbase"?

Imagine standing in some bin like Methil while the young team are singing "he scores when he wants". Makes my skin crawl.

48 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't see Dowds being with us, I think something will get sorted with Arbroath so he goes there permanent. Even if he is back till the end of the season he'll probably sign a PCA. He seems to be loving life there and has a chance of playing top flight football. You can't begrudge him the opportunity. 

Won't be permanent the now  or in the summer unless he's willing to give up full time football. They won't pay full time wages and he'd be training himself every day. He's been training with us all season so shouldn't be hard to get him back in the first team squad till the summer and then he can choose what he wants to do. I'd then expect him to move to another full time outfit . I would hope to he'll we wouldn't send him back on loan unless they want to pay all his wages which I doubt very much but you never know.

4 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

For me, if this signing goes ahead then I will be finished with the team I loved and supported since 1979. The board have decisions to make but with this wind of change, they need to behave appropriately.

If we are to rely on our new management team to find a potent striker, then they need to look further afield than a Clyde player in his early thirties and with baggage no-one wants anything to do with. I trust that they will, but we're Falkirk and anything could happen.

Four family STs less if the club proceed with the signing of this piece of shite 

Guest TedCrilly
11 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’d be finished with the club until the current board and player were gone. I wouldn’t see a purpose in funding them and being apart of the FSS during this time. FSS currently have two reps on the board who surely can make a difference.

Edited by TedCrilly

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I would simply have no interest in the club to warrant having a say in it.

4 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Exactly!

that’s why I told you to keep a list, these people who said they wouldn’t join until  X happens or will stop paying if Y happens don’t understand what they are joining up for. It’s not a ten pound donation to the club every month.

once fans own the club, we can set policy like never employing a person with a criminal record or judgement against them. 

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

we can set policy like never employing a person with a criminal record or judgement against them. 

Bit extreme, wouldn't have complained if we'd got David Martindale in.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

How ironic would it be if it transpired that Holt was the stick-in-the-mud holding Falkirk back from signing DG and his departure this morning paved the way for his signing.

Caveat Emptor!

Whether or not to sign goodwillie from a moral perspecy  would be up to the board of directors and not Holt I would suggest. 

29 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Please, please don't sign Goodwillie. Please. I'm literally begging you. We've done so much good today hitting the reset button, don't mess all of that up for the sake of signing a 33 year old from Clyde. 

Couldn’t agree more.

12 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I’d be finished with the club until the current board and player were gone. I wouldn’t see a purpose in funding them and being apart of the FSS during this time. FSS currently have two reps on the board who surely can make a difference.

This is where I don’t think it’s a great idea having all directors from the patrons group. Surely you want a fair and balanced board so you have a wider range of perspectives and interests.

Yes, two of them nominally represent the FSS but I don’t see how it’s really a ‘three legged stool’ model when all directors are members of, and contributors to, one organisation.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Why? I see it as the exact opposite, surely we need to make the FSS stronger in order to deal with these issues as fans not weaken it?! 

Aye good shout, maybe it can stop us signing David Goodwillie in 2027.